There are two requirements for aliens with permanent resident visas who wish to travel abroad:
1. Submit his/her resident’s book for endorsement before leaving, as well as:
2. Bring his/her passport to apply for a non-quota immigrant visa in order to reserve the right to have permanent residence in the country. After leaving, the applicant must return within a year of receiving the endorse- ment. If he/she did not receive an endorsement or return within that time period, the applicant will automatically forfeit their permanent residence visa. Within this one year time period, the applicant can enter and leave the country as many times as a non-quota immigrant visa permits.
Place to contact:
For the Central/Bangkok Area: Section 2, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division 1, 1st Floor, Old Building, Tel. 287-3101-10 Ext. 2273
For Provincial Areas: Contact any Immigration check-point throughout the country. Requirements:
1. Resident’s book
2. Alien identification card
3. Passport or substitute document
4. Work permit (if any)
5. Three 4×6 cm. Photos
6. Application Form, T.M. 13; for those of Chinese nationality other nationalities need 2 copies.
7. 1 copy of Application Form T.M. 22
8. 500 bath for endorsement fee, 500 bath for non-quota i per application. Subsequent applications can be made.
9. An alien must apply in person each timeDo you have questions? Visit our forum