Apple's Iphone

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

The lataest news shows that Apple's iPhone to Go on Sale June 29

Apple confirmed the launch date of its highly-anticipated foray into the mobile handset market in a Sunday night television ad: the iPhone is coming Friday, June 29. That doesn't mean the device will be easy to obtain, however, as Cingular customers are expected to line up in droves for the $599 USD phone.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking but it's not designed to be comfortable to hold, nor does it form to your head (unless your head is block-shaped). I'll stick with a flip-phone.

iphone_2.jpg

Edited by cdnvic

But not here legally till 2008!

Anyone seen The Prada phone out here yet? Think it's a LG model.

Regards

Yeah I've seen the Prada, I'm due an upgrade from O2 in 2 days and have been looking at the Prada, looks nice, not sure on the quality though.

I have a friend who is working on the launch of the iPhone, his opinion is that it may well flop initially, the high price will be a major obstacle in bringing the iPhone to general consumers. Of course, it's the ultimate geeks phone so they expect a few sales out of that. And in his own words 'And then there are the Mac users, they will buy anything with an Apple badge on it regardless of price'.

Here's a link to the Prada as on O2 offering https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/LG/Prada

If Apple has one thing going for it, it's a supply of raving lunatic fanboys that will buy anything that Apple puts out. I get a laugh watching Jobs' keynotes when the cameras pan to the audience and the same looks are on some of the faces that you see at those oldtime religious crusades in the southern US. :o

Still like Apple, some of it's followers are just plain nutty though. :D

Count me in as one of those fanboys. We're fanboys because the products are so - well - damned superior and stylish.

I'm in Chicago late July early August. I'll be buying one if I'm confident I can unlock the Cingular bullshit and get it to work with a Thai simcard.

I can't speak highly enough about the apple computers and iPods, but as far as that phone goes...

Nah. That touch screen will get pretty manky and it will stay the same style which is not what most mobile users want, they like to change every year or so, and that will not happen with the iPhone.

Conversely, those users who currently use other phones and who like to change every twelve months might like to change to the iPhone ;-)

People talk about pricing. $499 is not that much compared to many other new release phones (based model 4gb model). It depends on the Thai pricing, but the Nokia n95 (who's sole selling point seems to be the sat nav) is currently retailing in Bangkok for around 28,000, a good 60% above the price of the iPhone.

Conversely, those users who currently use other phones and who like to change every twelve months might like to change to the iPhone ;-)

People talk about pricing. $499 is not that much compared to many other new release phones (based model 4gb model). It depends on the Thai pricing, but the Nokia n95 (who's sole selling point seems to be the sat nav) is currently retailing in Bangkok for around 28,000, a good 60% above the price of the iPhone.

That's $499 dolars more than I would ever spend on a mobile phone. My contract gives me an upgrade for free every year, ok not to the newest phones, usually something 6 months older, but it keeps me fairly upto date and costs me nothing. I already pay enough in call charges, no way am I paying for the kit to incur them on.

I thought the Iphone was 599 ....

the N95's major selling point for me is it is wifi enabled .... few other phones/pda's are ...

What i'm attracted to is the fact it will run OSX - no custom crap like series 60 (which i hate).

Good thing Apple got wise and is now allowing 3rd party developers to code for it - there's a few tasty app's i'd like to see.

Count me in as one of those fanboys. We're fanboys because the products are so - well - damned superior and stylish.

No doubt! Add me to the list of fanboys as well.

The whole Mac vs. PC debate is silly and is basically a computer version of penis envy... When you've got a giant, foot-long dic... um, I mean "Mac,"...size really doesn't matter! :o

Anyway, to each his own...use whatever works for YOU.

I like looking at Apple products, they look really nice, but would never pay money to own their products.

I don't like their proprietary attitude toward hardware and software

I prefer open or near open systems

"That might be a problem for the backward crowd who still use PC's "

Boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggggg.....

I once had to lead the installation of 3000 PC's - there were stil about 200 mac users desparate to hold onto them as the company used to use them as they made the chips for them.

It was like taking sweeties from a bairn they whinged so much - LOL

The whole Mac vs. PC debate is silly and is basically a computer version of penis envy... When you've got a giant, foot-long dic... um, I mean "Mac,"...size really doesn't matter! :o

In your personal life use what works for you yes - in the corporate world though its standardisation and PC's are the order of the day.

I am quite a senior manager in the it dept and for me its windows on the desktop and unix on the servers - easy peasy

I can remember strong words between the unix guys and the windows guys in one place i was though about what to run on what servers ;-)

In your personal life use what works for you yes - in the corporate world though its standardisation and PC's are the order of the day.

I am quite a senior manager in the it dept and for me its windows on the desktop and unix on the servers - easy peasy

I can remember strong words between the unix guys and the windows guys in one place i was though about what to run on what servers ;-)

If you want to see a whole new viewpoint on the debate, then try working as tech support for a repro company when your name is Mac and you are the only guy in the organisation who insists on using a PC!

I was young at the time as well, didn't appreciate some of the humour, looking back it was pretty funny actually.

Mac users are so easy to bait :D

I like looking at Apple products, they look really nice, but would never pay money to own their products.

I don't like their proprietary attitude toward hardware and software

I prefer open or near open systems

Proprietary attitude? OS X has an open-source UNIX foundation, and all mac hardware now has built-in support Windows and Linux, as well as OSX. I'd say apple has less of a proprietary attitude than most other big computer companies. One exception is that they only allow thier iTunes DRM-protected music to only playback on iPods, but now that they have DRM-free music as well this isn't as big an issue.

The whole Mac vs. PC debate is silly and is basically a computer version of penis envy... When you've got a giant, foot-long dic... um, I mean "Mac,"...size really doesn't matter! :D

Mac users are so easy to bait :D

maybe it's just "face"! :o:D

Your Windows people can bait all you like. I don't care.

It's a well-known fact that Mac users:

1) are more intelligent

2) are better looking

3) are wittier

4) make better lovers

5) don't snore

6) have CONSIDERABLY more attractive spouses

7) NEVER get fat

8) can sing better

9) are richer; and

10) well, are just so damned superior in all other respects

than you horn-rimmed glasses wearing Windows geeks.

Haven't you seen the ads, people?

(oh, and we're more fertile too)

1) are more intelligent

2) are better looking

3) are wittier

4) make better lovers

5) don't snore

7) NEVER get fat

8) can sing better

9) are richer; and

:o now every one has got that off their chest..... can we get back to the thread..and talk about the phone !

1) are more intelligent

2) are better looking

3) are wittier

4) make better lovers

5) don't snore

7) NEVER get fat

8) can sing better

9) are richer; and

:o now every one has got that off their chest..... can we get back to the thread..and talk about the phone !

Of course we can!

So can the iPhone run Metatrader version 4 for mobile?

Does it come with a mail client able to connect to Microsoft Exchange in native mode?

Edited by mac.wheeler

1) are more intelligent

2) are better looking

3) are wittier

4) make better lovers

5) don't snore

7) NEVER get fat

8) can sing better

9) are richer; and

Those ads were brilliantly written. They advertise a product (Macs) against a nebulous description (PC), which being a generic catch-all term can't really reply as there's no "PC" spokesman. :o

Plus they're hilarious (if occasionally overblown)

Cdnvic, No pc spokesman?....isn't one Bill Gates....dude with all that mulla, comes to mind!

Just wondering or is it wandering?

"PC" can be anything, but it usually implies Windows. I've got Four. Two with Windows, one with FreeBSD, and one with Linux/Windows (dual boot).

Guest Reimar

1) are more intelligent

2) are better looking

3) are wittier

4) make better lovers

5) don't snore

7) NEVER get fat

8) can sing better

9) are richer; and

Normally I want post some more in this thread but the above let me realize how poor we humans are! I do not mean poor on financial background!

Have you ever seen someone who's is stupid to tell: "Excuse me but I'm stupid!", which he realy means? Or: "Excuse me I'm much better than you!"? Or something like this!

If you have, may you realize that this people never be as they told! This people didn't realize and be not able to realize the reality!

Sometime ago I wrote in one of my post: "I am a very imperfect human and I like to be so!" That's the reality: We are very imperfect at all and people who realize this are the really normal humans. The others, who showing perfection are the really poor one and the one we should carefully watching! Perfection is the "Destroyer" of our world. Because Perfection can't do anything wrong!

And if I read post like the one above it reminds me every time how imperfect i am!