English Teacher Wanted In Loei

gregitt

One of Colleges near Loei is in desperate need of a westerner who will teach conversational English to Thai's ages 12-17. 21 hours a week job Mon-Fri (weekends off) and usually 4 days off at end of month....students live on the campus. Room and board included if needed....25,000Bt per month.

It is a beautiful school and overlooks the surrounding mountains. The staff is very friendly and appreciative. Speaking Thai is not required and the teacher can create his own lesson plans.

I am a retired American, living in Loei, and have agreed to teach at this school until another teacher is found. Classes have already started and my first day of teaching will be tomorrow or the next day, so this position is immediate. I believe this term ends at the end of February....a signed contract is required.

Contact me if you have any questions and I will put you in touch with the Department Director there who is very nice and speaks fairly good English.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm currently employed as an English Teacher in Bangkok, but am looking to relocate to Loei upon completion of this semester (end of Feb). I've been living and teaching in Thailand for aproximately 10 months. My dad has an empty house in Loei (for he resides in LA), so I won't need the housing assistance; however, I'd like to know how far the college is from the house. The house is located on Sathon Chiangkhan near the mall (which I heard recently burned down. Is that true?). Can I have the name of the college so I can look it up on a map? Thank you very much Greg. I look forward to hearing from you.

grunthle

I suggest you look at the date of the original post.

Your best bet is probably go to Loei and contact the schools in your desired area in person.

This is normally a bad time for job openings at schools, but you might find something starting in May.

Good luck.