Norwegian Severely Assaulted By Briton

sriracha john

Norwegian beaten up, severely injured by Pattaya bar owner, workers

A Norwegian was beaten up and severely injured allegedly by a British bar owner and employees late Saturday night.

Police said Bjorn Tennebek, 45, was admitted to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital at 3:30 am Sunday.

His two eyes were badly injured with sprayed pepper and he suffered severe cuts on his head and had a badly-bruised face.

The man told police that the owner of Champagne Go-Go Bar on Soi Buakhao, Central Pattaya, assaulted him.

He said he went to drink at the bar Saturday night and when he was about to pay his bill, he found that he was overcharged by Bt60. When he asked the cashier to review the bill, the bar owner, who appeared to be a Briton, showed up and alleged that he was refusing to pay the bill.

The tourist told police that the Briton sprayed pepper over his eyes and had two or three bar workers drag him out and they started beating him.

He said passer-bys helped send him to the hospital.

Pattaya police chief Pol Col Noppadol Wongnom said he would later interrogate the Norwegian so that police would take legal action against the bar owner.

- The Nation

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he spent several hours in a bar (Sat night to Sun. morning prior to 0330) and was only protesting a 60 baht charge he probably was drunk or sober as a judge. If it were the latter case he should have known better than to argue over this amount of money, he took up 60 baht worth of space and oxygen in the time frame. If it was former, nothing worse than a drunk argumentive Norwegian in a none Norwegian bar.

So from now on, being Norwegian, you have to check the nationality of the owner before you have a few drinks in a bar?

Agreed, that 60 baht was nothing to argue over. I bet what happened was that he got the bill, found an error, voiced his complaint, and the cashier goes running to the manager saying that he refused to pay. And from there on it blew up.

If he spent several hours in a bar (Sat night to Sun. morning prior to 0330) and was only protesting a 60 baht charge he probably was drunk or sober as a judge. If it were the latter case he should have known better than to argue over this amount of money, he took up 60 baht worth of space and oxygen in the time frame. If it was former, nothing worse than a drunk argumentive Norwegian in a none Norwegian bar.

Another poster just guessing on the circumstances.

................nothing worse than a drunk argumentive Norwegian in a none Norwegian bar.

Nothing worse??

Why are they worse then a drunk argumentive Brit in a non-British bar?

Or, an Aussie in a non-Aussie bar?

Or, ......(fill in country of choise).

Please educate us, so we can stay clear of those "berserkers".

lol

So what you are saying is that because this person disputed the bill, for a small amount of money, he deserves to be sprayed with a chemical in the eyes, beaten by several people, and wind up in the hospital. I guess, you just wouldn't be able to come up with a more constructive way of dealing with a situation such as this.

one of the nicest guys you could meet

Might we inquire as to his nationality in order to correct the thread title?

I did that because the papers here in Thailand are not always a reliable source of information.

So this is what www.pattayagogos.com/gogopl.asp :o say about the club...

Opened in August 2005. Nearly all available girls are dancing continuously. Best bet for some female companionship is to chat to a service girl.

British owned. The pool table is free. There is a free Sunday barbecue from 5:00pm.

And for the rest I, pepper spray and beating up, there must be a good reason been… according to Thai bar standards.

Regards :D

You mean when he's NOT using pepper spray on a patron, right?

You are correct smart ar*e he did not use pepper spray on a patron, so instead of believing as gospel what some drunk Norwegian said, here you go......

I have just spoken to Jason he is in Bangkok at the moment for a couple of days from what he has told me the Norwegian man (a big man apparently) refused to pay his bill then when confronted by Jason he grabbed a bottle to hit him that's when Jason hit him once on the nose and the Norwegian went down it was then that a customer stepped in and sprayed him with pepper nothing to do with Jason or any of his staff.

The doorman then rushed in and Jason pulled him off told him to leave it they then helped him outside nobody touched him outside the bar.

Jason has said he will try to get on the Internet as soon as he can to give his side of the story as has been said before it would have been totally out of character for him to do something like that but when somebody is about to hit you with a bottle ...............as he said it was him or me.

Thank you for providing the owner's side of the story, v8tfcorty. Can you help us fix the title if it's in error regarding his nationality?

Did he say what have the police said regarding the incident?

instead of believing as gospel what some drunk Norwegian said

btw, I haven't spoken to the Norwegian, only read the press report... which dutchrdam accurately reports don't always get it correct.

Edited by sriracha john

Don't these types of fights happen all-over the world?? why has this small fight made the newspaper or even onto TV?? Seems tame compared to a night in Glasgow :o:D

Quite right ! I was in Glasgow last weekend and saw more than one fight in the evening. One guy bottled and covered in blood, and a gang fight in the city centre. It's quite common to walk along the high streets of Glasgow on a Sunday morning and see blood stains all over the street. It is definitely a city that deserves it's hard reputation.

Why this made the news I have no idea

I note that P.Fox posted another p.spraying incident last month.

Is it becoming the normal way of defence now within Pattaya ?, and elsewhere, come to that :o

It,s disturbing if it is to be used as and when someone feels the need to do so, especially when not justified and possible more dangerous substitues are used

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

For a start the owner is not a Brit, i know him and what is printed i doubt even closely resembles the truth and if it does it is totaly out of character for one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Confronting a Customer who don't want to pay more then he must? You may ask first about his reason. Shut up and pay up? That's not the solution. But with the "nice" Barowners you may to have? Interessting to know that he had to go to Bangkok. What a coincidence! Looks in future I will take a buzzer with me when going out, of course just to be on the safe side.

Don't these types of fights happen all-over the world?? why has this small fight made the newspaper or even onto TV?? Seems tame compared to a night in Glasgow :o:D

Quite right ! I was in Glasgow last weekend and saw more than one fight in the evening. One guy bottled and covered in blood, and a gang fight in the city centre. It's quite common to walk along the high streets of Glasgow on a Sunday morning and see blood stains all over the street. It is definitely a city that deserves it's hard reputation.

Why this made the news I have no idea

No shortage of gang fights in Thailand. Heck, even the volunteer ambulance services regularly fight with weapons, and even occassionally start shooting at each other.

You'll never see that in Glasgow.

You've spent too long out of the UK. I've never been anywhere and seen the amount of alcohol fuelled violence that you witness here. I seldom go out on a weekend, or bank holidays, because of it.

Yes, I've seen violence in Thailand, but, not on the sheer volume that it occurs in the UK, a so called fully developed nation.

Back on topic, I suspect this drunken Norwegian got what he deserved.

what kind of farang opens a go go bar?

what kind of farang spends time in a go go bar?

probably the types that ended up in this news story. lol.

Your post is ignorant to say the least; not all owners and patrons of go go bars fit your stereotypes.

CS, I wouldn't bother feeding him.

He's probably back asleep under his bridge by now. :o

You mean when he's NOT using pepper spray on a patron, right?

You are correct smart ar*e he did not use pepper spray on a patron, so instead of believing as gospel what some drunk Norwegian said, here you go......

I have just spoken to Jason he is in Bangkok at the moment for a couple of days from what he has told me the Norwegian man (a big man apparently) refused to pay his bill then when confronted by Jason he grabbed a bottle to hit him that's when Jason hit him once on the nose and the Norwegian went down it was then that a customer stepped in and sprayed him with pepper nothing to do with Jason or any of his staff.

The doorman then rushed in and Jason pulled him off told him to leave it they then helped him outside nobody touched him outside the bar.

Jason has said he will try to get on the Internet as soon as he can to give his side of the story as has been said before it would have been totally out of character for him to do something like that but when somebody is about to hit you with a bottle ...............as he said it was him or me.

Jason from Dollhouse, BKK?

I know him............