Not Any Reply And Feedback For Which I Was Asking!

Guest Reimar

After I uploaded the from me so named: 3timesSP.exe file I asked for some feedback about the working of this file.

Until right now, after the last few days while downloaded 20x + the file, NOT any feedback.

You Guys should realize that the Administrators and the Moderators on this forum doing a lot work for free which cost them time and Bandwith! For my self it's cost me a lot time and bandwith to get, check and upload the Software.

Ok I for my person don't want to get for any post a Thank You but if I ask for a feedback for a special program you should consider to give something back for that what you just have got for free! May you think about what you'll think if you an my place! And if I ask for an feedback it isn't just for me but for the whole community of TV even if I'll get it by PM or ask for the feedback by PM! I need to get the infos from others to compare with my own! If I haven't any info, i'm NOT able to do an summerize or I can't suggest anything!

The nature of the here mentioned file suggest to send the feedback directly to me.

So, I hope you guy's would understand what I'm talking about and send me the required Feedback. If I don't get something may I have to consider to stop to do the work!

Cheers.

So, I hope you guy's would understand what I'm talking about and send me the required Feedback. If I don't get something may I have to consider to stop to do the work!

Hi Reimar,

You shouldn't get upset about this and definitely don't want you to stop your appreciated efforts in the download section. First, I suspect many members who have downloaded don't really know how to do a real evaluation of the package. 2nd, it has only been two days and not nearly enough time yet to supply feedback on an upgrade which is not the same as evaluating a software application.

I downloaded the SP3 on Friday afternoon and now am having to build two mirrored copies of XP in VMWare (virtual machine) and then install Office 2007 on both the machines. One will have the SP3 on it and one a virgin SP2 copy of XP. This is the only way, without having two separate machines, to evaluate them side by side. This also guarantees the hardware environment is 100% identical. I'm not willing to run an evaluation of a release candidate on my host machine for obvious reasons. So please give some more time on this. Thanks again for your efforts.

Hi Tywais,

Thanks for your answer.

That I was wrote the Post has not the reason only about SP 3. You see, many mambers was asking me for some help via PM in the past and I've done a lot on that way. But from more than 40 of this helps just 1 hand with 5 fingers is enough for to counting the replys with an kind of thank you after the problems was solved. This help was including to download not small files only, even very big files because they wasn't able to get them. I had done this and even than there was some members which starting to complain to me because they wasn't able even to download with all help from me from my own server.

I don't want to publish the names of those members but they know I talk from who! The only Name I ever was publishing was from one member he want from me that I stop to post importand or interesting news on TV because he think what isn't interest fro him must be even without interest for others. People like this are stupid! This guy was also contecting the admin to ask to block my post or how to block my post! I still have the PM's as evidence!!

But even what I wrote in my post is true, many forget that the work from the Administrators and the Moderators need a lot work and invest of time and Bandwith, just to talk from this, is true! There also some members around which just like to complain to anything what they thing isn't ok, in their mind! If you just check a bit the post's from the past, you can find that's every time the same members.

Many people froget that no one is perfect. That's human nature! If I do something wrong, on which way ever, I can say that it was wrong was I've done. I can also tell this and apologize if I have just submitted some info which wasn't from me but from others! Why not? I can because I'm a normal human and I'm very imperfect and most of the "normal" other humans from this world known this too!

But ok, let wait one week and see how many infos would come! I'm NOT very optimistic!

Cheers!

reimar

you have no need to apologize to anyone, this forum would be a lot poorer without your input.

i enjoy your reading your posts, which are very helpful and informative.

unfortunatley its human nature sometimes to take without giving back, on the sites i use they are called leechers.

i appreciate its a frustrating thankless task, often done for the love of it before personal gain.

go and pour yourself a cold one and kick back, take it easy and dont get too down.

once again thanks for all the input, help and guidance you have given.

Reimar,

Hi. I haven't downloaded your program because i'm not exactly very knowledgable nor intelligent when it comes to computers and system maintenance things.

But you do seem very upset about this.

One thing: I've noticed on several forums where I go that people post questions, and others helpfully reply. At a guess I would say that the original poster returns to say thank you about 5 - 10 percent.

90 - 95 percent are not so well mannered, or they forget, or they can not remember where they posted the question in the first place.

It's a rude cold world.

Anyway, I'd like to think that I've always said thank, as you and several others here have been very helpful to me many times in the past. I hope that by having the politeness to say thank you will help and encourage you (all) to help me again in the future. I've also learned a lot about computers thanks to this forum and people like yoruself that are so helpful.

Oh and one more thing... A few days ago, I started the annual "poster of the year" thread... I think you might take a look. Annual Poster of the year - 2007

I don't need any feed back :o

Reimar,

Hi. I haven't downloaded your program because i'm not exactly very knowledgable nor intelligent when it comes to computers and system maintenance things.

But you do seem very upset about this.

One thing: I've noticed on several forums where I go that people post questions, and others helpfully reply. At a guess I would say that the original poster returns to say thank you about 5 - 10 percent.

90 - 95 percent are not so well mannered, or they forget, or they can not remember where they posted the question in the first place.

It's a rude cold world.

Anyway, I'd like to think that I've always said thank, as you and several others here have been very helpful to me many times in the past. I hope that by having the politeness to say thank you will help and encourage you (all) to help me again in the future. I've also learned a lot about computers thanks to this forum and people like yoruself that are so helpful.

Oh and one more thing... A few days ago, I started the annual "poster of the year" thread... I think you might take a look. Annual Poster of the year - 2007

I don't need any feed back :o

Thanks for YOUR reply!

Normally I don't need a feedback but in the case of SP3 it's even NOT for me but for the community of TV, for those who don't know how to handle, how to solve problems, even don't know how to install a software like this! There a lot of those members around, you need to read the post only and you know how many! And than there's the fraction, the one where the humans even not read completely but answering and that on a complete wrong way because they didn't read to whole post before! That's mainly User's which are showing their advanced knowledge at all times! They are or not it's a different question!

You're right, it's a rude cold world out there!

Many of the humans forget or even don't realize that they are rely on the others. No one is able to survive just on their own, they need others, the service from others, the help and and and! And most of the time that's just that humans which awaiting an kind Thank You, an reply, a Gift, a payment or what ever for that what they have done, which not give the same back to whom where they get something from!

Again, if it's just for my self, I don't need some feedback like the mentioned one or some thanks, even if it's very nice to get it. But don't forget the community outside there from wich most of you profit! Think about those where you get the help and information from because they invest their time and their money (Bandwith is money because we all have to pay fir it!) just to try to give you what YOU're asking for!

Thanks to that user which was replying (a few only (not to the mentioned post only or to me but to all of them where they was getting help and rquired infos from and to the Admin's and Mod's!)) and the others should look in the mirror and ask themself some serious question's!

Cheers

Gee Reimar, I'd give you feedback but my XP Pro is working great right now and if the SP 3 has any bugs, I'd rather wait until they get them worked out. That and the HUGE download creates a problem for my crappy Ipstar.

I do appreciate your efforts and hope you continue to provide the support many of us unfortunately do take for granted.

Thanks for all this answers here!

Unfortunate there wasn't any feedback about the program until now, even not by PM! But if I think about the filesize, no one would download without to use because ~350 MB need some time! But again, I wrote in my answer to Tywais that I would wait 1 week and then I'll see. But I'm not very optimistic about answers!

Gary:

I haven't found any bug right now and I use it on 3 PC's. The result is different as the software on that PC's too! But over all it's an improvement which you can feel! I don't want to use VM Ware or Virtual PC for testing because that programs slow down a bit!

But I understand you very well about the IP-Star!! I had it once but wouldn't have it ever again!

Cheers.

To set the record straight:

I am the one Reimar is talking about, but I need to set a few facts straight. First of all, what I was against was the fact that one (and only one) person was posting on a nearly daily basis general "news" that pretty much always favored one company and showed the negative side of another, in a forum that's should to be at least a little bit about Thailand (or else it would just be "tech, anywhere"). I was polite in my PMs to him, and made my points very clear. I also never (ever) said anything about telling admins to block his post, only that I personally wanted to not see his posts and so put him in my ignore list to personally not have to wade through his constant news postings which were pushing the other articles off the screen.

I don't know where he "published" my name, and since I have him on "ignore", I'll probably never know. I kept our little debate confined to PM, yet he chooses to make it public. If he wants to make the PMs between us public, then I encourage it, since it would be evident who was over reacting, and who was being polite.

From what I can tell, there are others who are tired of the way Reimar acts, I think partly because his grasp of English is tenuous at best, causing him to interpret everything as a personal insult. It's just that most people in this forum are too polite to voice their opinions openly.

I will not reply any more to this thread, since I feel that the situation has become very childish. I let the readers of TV be the judge.

I find it a bit, let me say it on this way, funny if someone tell on one hand that he set hims system to "ignore" my post and on the other hand answering to this my post!!

I don't know where he "published" my name, and since I have him on "ignore", I'll probably never know. I kept our little debate confined to PM, yet he chooses to make it public. If he wants to make the PMs between us public, then I encourage it, since it would be evident who was over reacting, and who was being polite.

Ok I'll attach the PM's from him and my answers as Word Documant to this post! This I do for more than one reason. First at all it's because to let everybody know the whole "Story".

But there one or better two more reason to do so, look at the red marked quote:

From what I can tell, there are others who are tired of the way Reimar acts, I think partly because his grasp of English is tenuous at best, causing him to interpret everything as a personal insult. It's just that most people in this forum are too polite to voice their opinions openly.

I by my self told many times that my english isn't the best! So there isn't any need to tell this again and again! I also have sometimes ask for an excuse about my bad english, this could be easly porved.

About my self I also told several times that I'll never talk "around" something, I'll just speak straigth ahaed. That's my nature and I don't like the humans which talk in front of me one way and from the back a different one. I will accept any direct spoken fundamental critic but not the one talked in my back!

Some times ago I wrote about human nature and that no one is perfect. I'm a very imperfect person and I like to be so and I'll never try to take the credit to be perfect! Every single human differs from all others, even single egg twins differs in some ways!

As Firefoxx wrote and claim that he know that, there other members are tired of the way I act. He claim also that most of the members are too polite to voice their opinions openly! If this is so, please let me know and I ask of you very frankly to tell this open in my face, here at the Forum on public!

And there is one more point:

I will not reply any more to this thread, since I feel that the situation has become very childish. I let the readers of TV be the judge.

I frankly ask those of you who wasn't, let say it so, happy with my post and others as well, read the PM's from Firefoxx and my answers!

After that you can feel free to be the judge! And I've nothing against that you post your answer here at the public forum!

To get back to the beginning of this answer there is still the question how someone can answer a post if he set the system to "ignore"! May someone didn't tell the truth? From a logical point of view someone is a liar! Remember what he wrote: I don't know where he "published" my name, and since I have him on "ignore", I'll probably never know.

Again: How he's able to answer this post if he had set my post on ignore?!

Hopefully everybody or the most of you understand what i try to explain! Thanks.

Any Answer could be here at the public forum.

Cheers

================================

File deleted in accordance to forum rules

Edited by Crow Boy
Do not release personal messages on the open forum without the expressed permission of all parties involved either as author or being discussed.

Don't go posting PM's Reimar. They are private messages. I'm not downloading your attachment, cos I have no interest in reading somebody else's mail.

Boys, sort it out between yourselves or ignore eachother for pete's sake.

Oh, Ff. This sentence of yours...

It's just that most people in this forum are too polite to voice their opinions openly.

... made me smile. :o

Hm... well first this is a computing forum lurking within a visa & Thai centric {not unreasonably, indeed enforced} framework. Whilst appreciating Reimar's exclamatory input I do think it is curiously, shall we say focused, to anticipate such rapid response given the topography of users.

However, one might suggest that the following link might inject a suitable level of levity herein, before, presumably this degenerates into handbags at dawn though it might be leatherette PC mini screwdriver and chip removing sets in this case.

The Nerd Handbook

Regards

My song saleung:

I appreciate what Reimar does here - a lot of the stuff he's picking up is stuff I often have to look for - and he's gathered all the important bits into one place. For me that is a big timesaver.

I also appreciate many of Firefoxx's posts - he clearly has a lot of useful knowledge which he has shared with the members.

I hope that any issues between them will come to pass and both of them continue to contribute here.

(oops, that's sam saleung!)

When I first read Reimars posting, I was a little taken aback by his umbrage. When asking for feedback and then receiving none, why should he go on to chastise other members. It really does not become a person to complain when they are offering the work of others.

To put it simply, the software that he has uploaded is Public Domain and if anyone should receive any credit or feedback then surely it would be the original author. Although I appreciate the help and opinions that I receive from this forum, I dont always feel the need or urge to reply to the original poster especially if I could go straight to the source (the author) and ask for advice and/or offer commendations

Please take a moment to think Reimar. I am sure there are plenty of people who appreciate the help and advice you have offered but you are not the only contributor who is valued and I dont see other contributors complaining about lack of feedback and chastising people for not offering more

JAF

PS I did not d/l the software, but thank you for making it so readily available

When I first read Reimars posting, I was a little taken aback by his umbrage. When asking for feedback and then receiving none, why should he go on to chastise other members. It really does not become a person to complain when they are offering the work of others.

To put it simply, the software that he has uploaded is Public Domain and if anyone should receive any credit or feedback then surely it would be the original author. Although I appreciate the help and opinions that I receive from this forum, I dont always feel the need or urge to reply to the original poster especially if I could go straight to the source (the author) and ask for advice and/or offer commendations

Please take a moment to think Reimar. I am sure there are plenty of people who appreciate the help and advice you have offered but you are not the only contributor who is valued and I dont see other contributors complaining about lack of feedback and chastising people for not offering more

JAF

PS I did not d/l the software, but thank you for making it so readily available

Hi JAF,

thanks for your answer.

Above I highlighted some sentences in red. Please read what i've wrote in some post before:

""Normally I don't need a feedback but in the case of SP3 it's even NOT for me but for the community of TV, for those who don't know how to handle, how to solve problems, even don't know how to install a software like this! There a lot of those members around, you need to read the post only and you know how many! ""

What I've mean for to get the feedback was just to get more infos than my own about the specific program, about possible bugs, errors and other malfunctioning in that program! But even the advantages other found on their system.

Very clear: I NEVER EVER WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ANY CREDIT ON SOFTWARE OR OTHER WORK WHICH ISN'T FROM ME!

Even in this case, the feedback I asked for was not for me because I don't need a feedback for myself. And I believe that I've make that clear enough in the past post's!

Sure you're right I'm not the only contributor at TV! This was the 1. time I asked for an feedback for an program which ist still in testing and I was very confident that the other members understand that this feddback was for personal use but for a whole community! And it wasn't a complain, not in my mind, as I stated the lack of Feedback! It was a summerize and this applies until today, 5 days after uploading: NO DETAILED FEEDBACK!

Think about how much time it needed to upload a program from 350 + MB! I had need as little as 17 hour and have to restart within this time the upload more than 20 times! You think that's fun? It's not and I could do many other things within that time and the many other hours I had invested for to upload a lot more other software in the past! And I never ask for some feedback about that and I never will! Even I don't ask for or want a thank you!

Ok I will not ask again for an Feedback but I will even not upload software like this one again, I'll just carry on with "normal" Freeware. That's all!

Everybody happy with that? I hope so!

Cheers

Hi Reimar,

When posting articles about news why not just give a 2-3 lines summary and then a link to it (as you did in your last post) rather than posting the entire article on the forum? I guess this is one thing that irked FF.

The programs you uploaded to TV's download section must have come from somewhere. Why not just post a link to where people can download them from the original source rather than you having to go through the trouble of uploading (a big pain in the back here in LOS)?

As far as your posts are concerned I don't see any bias M$ vs Mac. We only run M$ and still hate them but can't dump them either!

Feedback: Don't expect any positive feedback about the software you uploaded. It is human nature that people only write if there are problems. Take it this way: no news = good news

(I have not downloaded any of the software from TV because I'm in no need of them and I certainly would not use beta versions of any kind especially something like SP3 for XP - let other more courageous people do the testing first)

Language: Yes there is a problem. I also ran into trouble a couple of months ago when I did not make myself clear in all details and got quite a few nasty remarks and ended up having to apologize for any misunderstandings.

A perfectly harmless statement in German, literally translated into English, can easily become offensive, misleading or even insulting to people who only speak English.

Posting PMs: Here I have to agree with some posters that you should not post PMs on a public forum. CC to admin is OK if you feel the PM is offensive, but please keep your PMs private.

Ich hoffe Du nimst es mir nicht übel, daß ich so offen gesprochen habe.

(translation: "I hope you don't hold it against me that I've spoken so openly")

opalhort

My answers between the lines in brown color!

Hi Reimar,

When posting articles about news why not just give a 2-3 lines summary and then a link to it (as you did in your last post) rather than posting the entire article on the forum? I guess this is one thing that irked FF.

I hate it to open many different Bowers Windows and like to continiue reading what is started!

The programs you uploaded to TV's download section must have come from somewhere. Why not just post a link to where people can download them from the original source rather than you having to go through the trouble of uploading (a big pain in the back here in LOS)?

Sure they came from somewhere and the most I get coming by FTP and HTTP to my Server. The other thing is that I can't place external Links in the Download section! Last but not least, I don't want to search and loose my time while searching the Web where the original progam is located!

As far as your posts are concerned I don't see any bias M$ vs Mac. We only run M$ and still hate them but can't dump them either!

I run both but I'm more MS related than Mac! Even that argument fromm FF hasn't any real background! But that's one of the things i many times forget to realize: many user just reading 20% of an sentences but not the full one!

Feedback: Don't expect any positive feedback about the software you uploaded. It is human nature that people only write if there are problems. Take it this way: no news = good news

(I have not downloaded any of the software from TV because I'm in no need of them and I certainly would not use beta versions of any kind especially something like SP3 for XP - let other more courageous people do the testing first)

I had ask for a Feedback just for SP3, not any other of the downlaods! And that I've explained several times already was done because to get info about + and - of SP3 to submitt back on the forum for everybodys use!

Language: Yes there is a problem. I also ran into trouble a couple of months ago when I did not make myself clear in all details and got quite a few nasty remarks and ended up having to apologize for any misunderstandings.

A perfectly harmless statement in German, literally translated into English, can easily become offensive, misleading or even insulting to people who only speak English.

Not in just one but in several post I was apologizing about my english and even try to clear the misunderstandings!

Posting PMs: Here I have to agree with some posters that you should not post PMs on a public forum. CC to admin is OK if you feel the PM is offensive, but please keep your PMs private.

I don't like if someone bullshi**ng others! I don't like Liar'S! That guy has start something which wasn't true and even what he was writing about him's own action was a lie! That's the reason why I wasn't see any point to keep that secret. Who block my post, isn't able to read them and therefore even can't write an answer post! Is as easy as that!

Ich hoffe Du nimst es mir nicht übel, daß ich so offen gesprochen habe.

(translation: "I hope you don't hold it against me that I've spoken so openly")

I have nothing against any fundamental critic and I like an open word spoken in my face same as I will never talk in someones back but straight in thems face! Even if someone don't like that. That's my nature and I live 60 years with it!

And I wrote in one of my post's related to this one that I don't mind if the critic or whatever is written on the public forum!

opalhort

So, not any problems.

Cheers.

As you can see someone need to start an "anonymous" poll against me because if it isn't against me that member will do it openly with displaying hims name!

It's for some reason a bit funny that other posting news which are not really Computer related and no one tells something about it! I don't mind about it and as Totster wrote: ""As far as I see it, members are free to post what they want, as long as it abides by the forum rules. Members are also free to read what they want.""

Now a question: What's really behind of that all?

I don't know that guy FF, never have any cotact until the day he was sending me the PM to stop my postings and that under total wrong description! Even I wasn't get an answer to my last PM from him! After taht I have to realize that this guy lie as he told he've set my post to "ignore" but is still able to answer them!

Now start to think about who was starting this poll against me?!

Cheers!

Now start to think about who was starting this poll against me?!

Why do you assume that "this poll against me?!" It very well could have been "FOR YOU!" We'll never know for sure now that a moderator has closed it.

FYI: I didn't post the poll in malice Reimar.

In Germany we've a speech: "Wer selbst im Glashaus sitz soll nicht mit Steinen werfen!" which means in english: "Who's is living in an house of glas should not throw with stones! (because of an kind "echo")"

I would never ever tell to spmeone what he has to or not. As long as someone didn't break the rules, he's free to do what he want and no one has the right to prevent him from this! This apply to this forum as well!

And Totster wrote it very clear that it is the choice from any one what he want to read or not!

Very clear: I didn't break the rule but if you you guy's think I do so, please feel free to tell it openly but I suggest that you use for proclamations like that your real name and not any pseudonym or even anonym! Who open hims mouth that much, must also be able to stand with him's "good" name for it! Any PM I maybe get about the mentioned facts, I'll publish include my answer!

As I wrote several time before, I like an open freely spoken wort and fundamental critics but I don't like this "steps" from a backside! I even will never speak other than open and directly!

EDIT: Rice-King already covered point #1 while i was writing...

1) How was the poll against you? Rice King did not phrase the questions against you in any way. Whether or not it is against you depends on the results, and no one voted against you before the poll was closed.

2) It isn't an "anonymous" poll, it's an anonymous poll. :o

3) You shouldn't declare that Firefoxx is a liar because he can reply to your posts. If he's ignored you, then he will just see:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Reimar.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Reimar

It just means that he doesn't see what you wrote unless he chooses to do so.

Why don't we just take Opalhart's suggestion and split the forum into 2 sections: IT News & Help/Support

Edited by Veazer

EDIT: Rice-King already covered point #1 while i was writing...

1) How was the poll against you? Rice King did not phrase the questions against you in any way. Whether or not it is against you depends on the results, and no one voted against you before the poll was closed.

Excuse me just read again and I'm sorry to misintertrept it!

2) It isn't an "anonymous" poll, it's an anonymous poll. :o

3) You shouldn't declare that Firefoxx is a liar because he can reply to your posts. If he's ignored you, then he will just see:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Reimar.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Reimar

It just means that he doesn't see what you wrote unless he chooses to do so.

He wrote befroe: ..... only that I personally wanted to not see his posts and so put him in my ignore list to personally not have to wade through his constant news postings which were pushing the other articles off the screen. .....

I don't know where he "published" my name, and since I have him on "ignore", I'll probably never know. ........

Several time here and on an other place he was replying to a post from me which isn't in the line about that what he wrote (look abaove)! So if I on one hand tell I can read the post but on the other hand answer to some, it's in my understanding a lie!

Why don't we just take Opalhart's suggestion and split the forum into 2 sections: IT News & Help/Support

Hi Reimar,

why don't you just take your private 'spat' (Zank/Streit) with an other forum member into the private arena rather than on the public forum?

It only hurts your reputation if you keep on harping on about this topic. Just let it rest and it will die down.

I think your posts are of value for some people and I also do read some of them if the subject is of interest for me.

As I said before, talk to admin and see if they can create a sub-forum for IT news etc., this will take the lengthy news posts out of the main forum since I guess this is the main sticking point here..

opalhort

Hi Reimar,

why don't you just take your private 'spat' (Zank/Streit) with an other forum member into the private arena rather than on the public forum?

It only hurts your reputation if you keep on harping on about this topic. Just let it rest and it will die down.

I think your posts are of value for some people and I also do read some of them if the subject is of interest for me.

As I said before, talk to admin and see if they can create a sub-forum for IT news etc., this will take the lengthy news posts out of the main forum since I guess this is the main sticking point here..

opalhort

Not my problem and from my site the "private" arena is ok! But how to do if the other party just startup something but NOT finishing? And again: I don't like lie's and I would go against them at all times!

Sometimes I misinterpret something like as today, but I even can say excuse me! Can I exspect other do it on the same way?

""As I said before, talk to admin and see if they can create a sub-forum for IT news etc., this will take the lengthy news posts out of the main forum since I guess this is the main sticking point here.""

That is something what shouldn't come from me but from that members which complaining!

The title of this forum is: "Internet, computers, communication, technology in Thailand" and NOT Help/Support or IT News or any other description!

Cheers

OK Reimar,

I'm certainly not one who is complaining about your posts but since I can understand the points some posters have made here I am going to ask admin if something can be done about it:

This is to admin (George?):

Is it possible to create a sub-forum under the "Internet, computers, communication, technology in Thailand" forum which would cater to parties interested particularly in updates of IT news etc.?

Since the IT news posts are usually of a rather lengthy nature the past posts appear to have created some negative reactions from some forum members.

I would think that a specialized forum section would help the posters and the interested parties without cluttering up the main forum.

opalhort

>I think partly because his grasp of English<

don't know that I agree with that!

but i WAS thinking that direct translation from german could be an issue. direct translation of phrases could be different

the R man seemed a little harsh with me when I mis-understood a post written by a "1st language Spanish speaking" poster (= OP was not text book engrish)

The R man is obviously an very advanced user & apparently a software hobbiest.

• The 'win server 2007' post by The R man posted several weeks ago had me wondering about him .. quite a project to undertake.
  • My web host has ?,000s of clients, a college degreed tech support staff of dozens & uses 'server 2003'.
  • my neighbor works in a shop that builds high end networks .. casinos & large medical clinics .. multi xeon processor systems & they use server 2003.

re: updating xp. NEVER!

I did a clean xp install 2 weeks ago & loaded the apps I use daily before I updated XP.

Used the xp auto update feature .. & wasted 1/2 the morning.

1 of my most used apps became un-usable. I needed the app that day & after the auto win update it was all funky & useless.

was reading today about a recognized issue with xp sp 2 .. sp2 will rendered a cum-pooter w/ a p4 prescott useless / unbootable.

thank goodness restore "to before the update" worked for me!

I'll stick with SP-1 w/ virus & spyware protection

& not open emails offering pix of naked womens or investment opportunities in Nigeria or oem photoshop for $59.

:o The R Man is a big plus to this forum! .. a little demanding perhaps, but an excellent asset.

Not my problem and from my site the "private" arena is ok! But how to do if the other party just startup something but NOT finishing? And again: I don't like lie's and I would go against them at all times!

Reimar-

I don't like lies either, but I think you might be misunderstanding how things happended. Let me see if I can clear things up a bit:

1. Firefoxx privately contacted you regarding your posts.
  2. You didn't agree with eachother and he chose to ignore you
  3. You then inappropriately made the situation public in this post HERE.
  4. Thinking that Firefoxx had seen what you wrote, I told him how I felt about that.
  5. Firefoxx then knew that you were using his name and discussing his private messages and added his comment here.

Thus, when he made the comment "I don't know where he "published" my name, and since I have him on "ignore", I'll probably never know." he was speaking the truth.

No lying, no deceit. And no need to start spreading accusations about other TV members