Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Udon Thani Man Marries Snake

meadish_sweetball

Weird scenes in Udon Thani

Daily News, April 5

On April 3 Mr Satien Khenakutrang married a python called Miss Sittida in a ceremony attended by around 200 villagers. The python was 3.5 metres long and weighed 20 kilograms. The python was wrapped around the bridegroom and seemed to be nuzzling him affectionately. The groom bent down and kissed the python, provoking feelings of joy mixed with apprehension amongst the relatives present.

Mr Satien, the bridegroom, said he had previously been a novice monk for 5 years before becoming a monk for 3 years in Rayong province. After disrobing he had gone back to Udon last year, one night whilst sleeping, he had felt something on his chest. Waking up, he realised it was a snake curled up on his chest, the shock made him too afraid to do anything until the snake slithered away.

He told the story to his aunt who told him to ordain at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakha district to prevent any possible misfortune as the locals believed the snake was 'ngoo tam tan', in other words a snake that was capable of living with people.

Whilst ordained there a python sometimes came and slept by his side, sometimes a squirrel came instead. After Buddhist Lent ended he disrobed.

Happily recounting his story, Satien said on March 27 he dreamed there was a fire at home and many villagers came to help douse it,the next morning whilst walking in the fields looking for food he glimpsed the head of a python. But thinking at first it was a frog, he walked up to it to catch it for food. However once he realised it was a python the shock almost caused him to lose consciousness. The python wrapped itself around his neck, and unable to pull it off he walked home, but even with his aunt's help it remained in place. His aunt then performed a ceremony with 5 candles in bowls asking for forgiveness and the snake then slithered off into the fields.

2 or 3 days later Satien was walking with his friends in the fields when in front of his friends the snake again wrapped itself around him. He performed the same ceremony with 5 candles in bowls asking for forgiveness and the snake again disappeared.

Due to this happening 2 or 3 times Satien and his aunt invited the local medium to go into a trance. The medium said in a previous life the python had been a daughter of Pra Yanakho, a lord who lived at Chuan swamp, her name was Pra Nang Sittida. Satien himself had been a bodyguard of her father Pra Yanakho. They had fallen in love, but when Pra Yanakho heard about this he had Satien executed and his daughter banished from the palace. She then died from grief and her soul roamed the world looking for her lover for 653 years. Having found him, she insisted on staying put, Satien asserted.

Bridegroom Satien said the medium told him to marry Pra Nang Sittida, otherwise neither he nor his family would be safe and there could be an accident.

Satien hurriedly arranged the wedding, offering a dowry of 700,050 stang (7,000.5 baht), and 609 baht for the string ties.

After the wedding the villagers took the bride and groom on a 15 kilometre trip to the bride's home at Chuan swamp to pay respects to a senior figure of her family( Pra Yanakho). The villagers welcomed the bride and groom with a parade,whilst the medium said the pair should stay at Chuan swamp 6 days before returning to the bridegroom's home.

NB. 53 was one of the winning lottery numbers in the last draw.

Translated from the Thai original for Thaivisa by member bannork.

I would say ''Only In amazing Thailand''... But then i remembered that lunatic American who married his horse, And then that English guy witnessed by an entire train shagging a sheep, And then the whole of Wales, New Zealand and Austrailia sh@gging Sheep, And the countless Brazilians ive seen in Jazz movies getting jiggy with Donkeys. The list is Endless. Anyway Congrats!

I would say ''Only In amazing Thailand''... But then i remembered that lunatic American who married his horse, And then that English guy witnessed by an entire train shagging a sheep, And then the whole of Wales, New Zealand and Austrailia sh@gging Sheep, And the countless Brazilians ive seen in Jazz movies getting jiggy with Donkeys. The list is Endless. Anyway Congrats!

There was the Sudanese guy who married a goat as well.

Congrats to the happy couple. :o

Some folk have no class. :D

The goat is no longer with us

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6623895.stm

Weird scenes in Udon Thani

Daily News, April 5

On April 3 Mr Satien Khenakutrang married a python called Miss Sittida in a ceremony attended by around 200 villagers. The python was 3.5 metres long and weighed 20 kilograms. The python was wrapped around the bridegroom and seemed to be nuzzling him affectionately. The groom bent down and kissed the python, provoking feelings of joy mixed with apprehension amongst the relatives present.

Mr Satien, the bridegroom, said he had previously been a novice monk for 5 years before becoming a monk for 3 years in Rayong province. After disrobing he had gone back to Udon last year, one night whilst sleeping, he had felt something on his chest. Waking up, he realised it was a snake curled up on his chest, the shock made him too afraid to do anything until the snake slithered away.

He told the story to his aunt who told him to ordain at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakha district to prevent any possible misfortune as the locals believed the snake was 'ngoo tam tan', in other words a snake that was capable of living with people.

Whilst ordained there a python sometimes came and slept by his side, sometimes a squirrel came instead. After Buddhist Lent ended he disrobed.

Happily recounting his story, Satien said on March 27 he dreamed there was a fire at home and many villagers came to help douse it,the next morning whilst walking in the fields looking for food he glimpsed the head of a python. But thinking at first it was a frog, he walked up to it to catch it for food. However once he realised it was a python the shock almost caused him to lose consciousness. The python wrapped itself around his neck, and unable to pull it off he walked home, but even with his aunt's help it remained in place. His aunt then performed a ceremony with 5 candles in bowls asking for forgiveness and the snake then slithered off into the fields.

2 or 3 days later Satien was walking with his friends in the fields when in front of his friends the snake again wrapped itself around him. He performed the same ceremony with 5 candles in bowls asking for forgiveness and the snake again disappeared.

Due to this happening 2 or 3 times Satien and his aunt invited the local medium to go into a trance. The medium said in a previous life the python had been a daughter of Pra Yanakho, a lord who lived at Chuan swamp, her name was Pra Nang Sittida. Satien himself had been a bodyguard of her father Pra Yanakho. They had fallen in love, but when Pra Yanakho heard about this he had Satien executed and his daughter banished from the palace. She then died from grief and her soul roamed the world looking for her lover for 653 years. Having found him, she insisted on staying put, Satien asserted.

Bridegroom Satien said the medium told him to marry Pra Nang Sittida, otherwise neither he nor his family would be safe and there could be an accident.

Satien hurriedly arranged the wedding, offering a dowry of 700,050 stang (7,000.5 baht), and 609 baht for the string ties.

After the wedding the villagers took the bride and groom on a 15 kilometre trip to the bride's home at Chuan swamp to pay respects to a senior figure of her family( Pra Yanakho). The villagers welcomed the bride and groom with a parade,whilst the medium said the pair should stay at Chuan swamp 6 days before returning to the bridegroom's home.

NB. 53 was one of the winning lottery numbers in the last draw.

Translated from the Thai original for Thaivisa by member bannork.

And here is Mrs Khenakutrang and son at bath time ! :o

post-41326-1207493211_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikethevigoman

Far better option than being lumbered with a human wife.

A snake wont nag, will not make demands for jewelry, fine clothing, mobile phones, a 6 million baht town house, posh cars or want wining and dining.

A snake doesn't give a toss if the husband fancies a naughty night out in the town or is knocking off his next door neighbours daughter.

A snake will never have an affair, get headaches or monthly period moods.

A snake won't sue a husband for divorce and claim all his assets.

Snakes hate credit cards & ATMs; they get stuck in their fangs.

Other advantages of marrying a snake. They kill vermin and will eat them making huge savings on food bills, don't chat for hours on the telephone ranting on & on to family and friends, again making huge savings on household bills.

I watched the clip on a Thai news channel and seriously considering swapping little wifey for a Monty python.

Edited by distortedlink

Any photo's of the happy couple?

I wish I was a computer whizz as there were pictures of the happy couple entwined in both The Daily News and Thai Rath's issues the last few days, today's issue of The Daily News devotes the whole of page 2 to the topic.

Tony Clifton is the expert with graphics, perhaps he could lift a picture from their websites.

A snake wont nag, will not make demands for jewelry, fine clothing, mobile phones, a 6 million baht town house, posh cars or want wining and dining.

A snake doesn't give a toss if the husband fancies a naughty night out in the town or is knocking off his next door neighbours daughter.

Other advantages of marrying a snake. They kill vermin and will eat them making huge savings on food bills, don't chat for hours on the telephone ranting on & on to family and friends, again making huge savings on household bills.

I watched the clip on a Thai news channel and seriously considering swapping little wifey for a Monty python.

Now thats funny ! ..............fangs aint what they used to be ! :o

Hmm. I wonder if he'd 'adder before the wedding night? That would account for the mother-in-law's venomous looks. Perhaps she should take an asperin.
In this day and age it may be a male snake ! puff adder maybe ? :D

Oooh, you're on form tonight... :o

Now thats funny ! ..............fangs aint what they used to be ! :o

Taking th snake to a dentist and remove the fangs for a better experience

Hi :o

So now they allow weddings between men and snakes - maybe at some stage they'll allow me (male, gay) to marry my boyfriend of 7 years?

Hey, an idea - how much do i need to pay the "local medium" to verify that we were both snakes in the last life and are destined to be together?

And that guy better check his wife thoroughly - i heard the snake is a khatoey :D

Best regards.....

Thanh