Thaibay Down The Drain

mads

I'm pretty curious to see if anyone actually bought anything from thaibay.

I been bidding on some stuff and even won some. But the thing is that nothing

is ever being sold. When you win an auction there is no contact to the seller and nothing

happens. Other auctions includes products with a reserver price as high as retail so basically

the site is just for retail shops to sell their products. Many ghosts auctions too. I like how someone

is posting an auction with a penthouse in bangkok for 45.000.000 million baht..........seems very

unlikely anyone out to be buy a 45 million penthouse would find it on a auction site. They also pay

you 100baht if you find a friend and that friend will sell 3 items on their site, maybe that's why there

are so many ghosts auctions. It looks to me that thaibay is digging their own grave and what a shame

if the site proved to be more serious and reliable it would be great.

Weren't sure where to post this admin.

I bid on a few things but as you say got nothing? I think it was mainly one guy from Pattaya who was selling most of the stuff. A pity really as the concept was a good one.Maybe someone out there with a bit of savvy can try again. :o

The fact is many of the auctions are all being put up by the owner of the site (he has admitted this to me) under different user names (notice they are all in chonburi !!)

Whoever siam racing is.. Is also owner / manager of the site.. His own username posted motorbikes with no reserve and when they sold refused to sell them (obvious a GXS1000 for 20k baht.. A 900 CBR for 5k baht).. When I pointed out he had made a contract of sale he just became foul mouthed and with no form of apology or explanation (it was a mistake, lets work out a real price) just said screw you.. Nice attitude from a site admin.

I myself have won 5 auctions and not one of them has responded.

I also have noticed many of the ads are direct culls from Ebay.. I suspect they are just cutting other adverts to populate the site, knowing full well theres nothing at the end of the auction. To be honest theres such a lack of professionalism and outright disrespect, I wouldnt mind reporting the site to any consumer protection people (stop laughing please). Surely if they enter and auction with no reserve, and it closes, thats at least a valid complaint, as this is being done by the site admin themselves, they have some level of responsibility.

AVOID !!

From what I've seen the second hand market is a bit of a joke here, I tried Ebay a while back and found it full of scams and dodgy products (a lot of 'digital downloads') even if you do find something second hand the price is usually not much lower than the retail price.

We are not talking about Ebay but Thaibay.....big difference.

\

Erm so what was

From what I've seen the second hand market is a bit of a joke here, I tried Ebay a while back and found it full of scams and dodgy products (a lot of 'digital downloads') even if you do find something second hand the price is usually not much lower than the retail price.

That supposed to mean ??

I am aware of the difference.. I am a user of both..

Tho I wont be a user of Thaibay in the future as winning an auction means nothing.. I have won 5 in the last 2 weeks. The owners just list stuff 'for others' and then say they are not at fault if the 'other' will not go through with it..

The fact is many of the auctions are all being put up by the owner of the site (he has admitted this to me) under different user names (notice they are all in chonburi !!)

Whoever siam racing is.. Is also owner / manager of the site.. His own username posted motorbikes with no reserve and when they sold refused to sell them (obvious a GXS1000 for 20k baht.. A 900 CBR for 5k baht).. When I pointed out he had made a contract of sale he just became foul mouthed and with no form of apology or explanation (it was a mistake, lets work out a real price) just said screw you.. Nice attitude from a site admin.

I myself have won 5 auctions and not one of them has responded.

I also have noticed many of the ads are direct culls from Ebay.. I suspect they are just cutting other adverts to populate the site, knowing full well theres nothing at the end of the auction. To be honest theres such a lack of professionalism and outright disrespect, I wouldnt mind reporting the site to any consumer protection people (stop laughing please). Surely if they enter and auction with no reserve, and it closes, thats at least a valid complaint, as this is being done by the site admin themselves, they have some level of responsibility.

AVOID !!

ThaiBay is a f@cking joke, i too won a few items on there, didnt even get a reply to emails, its run a by a guy from pattaya and if you ask me is he seems the only one ,.you dont even get the chance to leave negative for a scam transaction, i do see that he (the guy running it ) has glowing feedback though !.the latest one he is paying you to list items ! oh yea, the free lunch is upon us, another non businessman trying it on,. :o

Guest Reimar

Why no one is filing a report to the Economic Crime Division in Bangkok which are responsible for Cybercrime as well? If I were one to win an auction online and didn't get what I bet for, I would file a report!

The Economic Crime Division is located at Sathorn Road in Bangkok.

Cheers.

is ever being sold. When you win an auction there is no contact to the seller and nothing

happens. Other auctions includes products with a reserver price as high as retail so basically

the site is just for retail shops to sell their products. Many ghosts auctions too. I like how someone

is posting an auction with a penthouse in bangkok for 45.000.000 million baht..........seems very

unlikely anyone out to be buy a 45 million penthouse would find it on a auction site. They also pay

you 100baht if you find a friend and that friend will sell 3 items on their site, maybe that's why there

are so many ghosts auctions. It looks to me that thaibay is digging their own grave and what a shame

• 4 weeks later...

thaibay is the the ripoff of ebay run by Scott Horvath based in Pattaya of Siam Racing Motorcycles, Siam Motorcycles, Expat Motorcycles etc etc. He has registered company after company and normally runs when the debts pile too high. Most of the stuff is his or in his family or staff names. Check around town, not many would do business with him twice, the unlucky ones do business with him once. AVOID

thaibay is the the ripoff of ebay run by Scott Horvath based in Pattaya of Siam Racing Motorcycles, Siam Motorcycles, Expat Motorcycles etc etc. He has registered company after company and normally runs when the debts pile too high. Most of the stuff is his or in his family or staff names. Check around town, not many would do business with him twice, the unlucky ones do business with him once. AVOID

It appears he's selling his motor bikes from this site.