Be Aware Of Eva Air

Massive increase in Air fares from May 9

We have just received our new price sheets effective 09 May from Eva Air, and they are applying what can only be described as irresponsible increases to all their air fares from next Friday.

Example of round trip fares:

Low season London economy was around THB 33,000 and will go to THB 42,500

Low season Amsterdam was around THB 28,000 and will go to THB 34,500

Low season USA was around THB 30,000 and will go to THB 37,000

To add insult to injury they have also introduced a weekend surcharge on the USA! Needless to say the Elite Class fares also go up.

We have no idea how they can justify this, considering that the Baht has strengthened against all currencies the Taiwanese must be doing very nicely thank you from sales In Thailand but there is nothing anyone can do about it except fly on other airlines!

Anyone who is holding a booking that has not yet been ticketed needs to complete the transaction by the

end of 8th May, and Thaivisa Travel can of course still make bookings at the old fare for another week.

http://travel.thaivisa.com

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing surprising here; except that other airlines are hanging on to their outdated business models in short-sightedness, or desperation.

In times when a big contraction of customer demand is forseen, a good strategy to adopt is: "We'll accept doing less business, and only do what we can do profitably. If others take most of our business away by running at a loss, that is up to them. We'll be there when they go bust. Better small than bust".

When prices go up and incomes down, as is happening in so many countries that Thailand has been getting holidaymakers from, holidays are the first thing that can be sacrificed in order to re-balance a household budget.

I give it ten years till Suvarnabhumi can be closed, as Don Muang is big enough to handle the level of traffic. (That is, of course, provided that Suvarnabhumi hasn't previously sunk in the swamp).

If I am wrong, I will be glad to be around to have lots of you telling me so on 01 May 2018.

Its not just EVA air, due to the rising costs of feul all airlines will be putting up their fairs, as you will notice with most airlines these have been rising month on month off.

They reckon it's going to hit $200 a barrel, if this happens you guarantee you be paying 90 baht a litre of petrol.

This is nothing to do with how strong the baht it, its mother earth, were all taking away to much resources.

The recession is about to kick in everywhere, and everyone is feeling it. Even though the pound has gone down, 20 % the thais have price increases between 10 - 20 % so for us british its costing us 30% - 40% more than 1 year ago.

Even in the supermarkets back home people have seen increases on most products between 25 - 60 %.

This will get worst. Even though Thailand is probably the number 1 place for us guys, its getting like european prices. The only thing that is still cheap is the 3 things beer, sex and smokes (for some of us).

So if your going to buy a plane ticket for the next 6 months, my advise is to buy it now, otherwise the fairs are going to hit your bank account harder.

Well less of the financial crap, its not even rainy season, need an umbrella if any one is offering.

When prices go up and incomes down, as is happening in so many countries that Thailand has been getting holidaymakers from, holidays are the first thing that can be sacrificed in order to re-balance a household budget.

In what countries are incomes going down?

Even with the increase in fairs EVA will still be cheaper than BA and the other direct London Bangkok flyers. If it was £200 more expensive than Thai I would still pay it. I have heard and experiensed nothing but good things about EVA. They wont be the only ones putting up there prices.

Edited by Fantasteak

Massive increase in Air fares from May 9

Anyone who is holding a booking that has not yet been ticketed needs to complete the transaction by the

end of 8th May, and Thaivisa Travel can of course still make bookings at the old fare for another week.

http://travel.thaivisa.com

Have booked a return flight on Eva ;departure mid june.I have my electronic ticket (status confirmed)

Have I to take furhter action to avoid to be robbed by them?

Even with the increase in fairs EVA will still be cheaper than BA and the other direct London Bangkok flyers. If it was £200 more expensive than Thai I would still pay it. I have heard and experiensed nothing but good things about EVA. They wont be the only ones putting up there prices.

Second that - first class airline. Wouldn't use anybody else on my UK trips

In what countries are incomes going down?

if i may comment - i am sure Martin is refering to the fact the prices are going up everywhere and not just in thai - but salaries and income level have remained static -- hence the case of disposable income is getting less and less each week as the general price of goods rise and also service cost linked to the price of petrol etc --- so in reality - incomes have come down -- so its in all countries --- the newpapers in Oz comment on this fact daily - so yes no more eatouts and restaurant visits for the average family - the whole sphere of spending is going to feel the impacts - tourism which this country is so heavily reliant will be one of the first sectors to suffer -- as will the whole of the hospitality and tourism industry - THIS INDUSTRY EMPLOYS APPROX 1/3 OF THE WORLDS WORKFORCE -

Why would I fly Eva Air

when i have so many better options like Ethihad, Emirates , Quatar Airways and Malaysian Airlines.

Compared to Eva all above airlines have better food , inflight service, attitude , Fluent English speaking inflight staff and

great facilities while in transit at their base airports. They actually pamper you.

Its not just EVA air, due to the rising costs of feul all airlines will be putting up their fairs, as you will notice with most airlines these have been rising month on month off.

They reckon it's going to hit $200 a barrel, if this happens you guarantee you be paying 90 baht a litre of petrol.

I'm surprised it took so long to raise the fares - especially domestic fares in Thailand. I recently drove up country and back and spent 5,500 baht in fuel for my four-door sedan. It was only a five day trip and point-to-point return accounted for most of the fuel. I reckon it could have flown there and back on THAI Airways for around the same price. Would have been much safer too - but of course I wouldn't have had my own wheels to get around once there.

most of the time EVA had their lowest fare to London (33k) not available, so it was more a promotional stunt than reality.

the last time I have bought a fare for 39k with british airways, it was cheaper than EVA and gave me 12kg more hold luggage (so saved me a lot of money on an extra weight).

fuel costs aside, they might be hiking their fare because of the olimpics. I would expect same with the chinese airlines now.

still I will fly with EVA if they were cheaper than the other airlines, no complain about their service, but not as good as thai airways (in my humble opinion)

Why would I fly Eva Air

when i have so many better options like Ethihad, Emirates , Quatar Airways and Malaysian Airlines.

Compared to Eva all above airlines have better food , inflight service, attitude , Fluent English speaking inflight staff and

great facilities while in transit at their base airports. They actually pamper you.

they don't fly directly and Ethihad rised their fare from today by at least 5%.

I don't fly to be pampered and pay for it dearly, but to move my b*tt from a to b for as cheap as possible, but still safely

Edited by londonthai

most of the time EVA had their lowest fare to London (33k) not available, so it was more a promotional stunt than reality.

the last time I have bought a fare for 39k with british airways, it was cheaper than EVA and gave me 12kg more hold luggage (so saved me a lot of money on an extra weight).

fuel costs aside, they might be hiking their fare because of the olimpics. I would expect same with the chinese airlines now.

still I will fly with EVA if they were cheaper than the other airlines, no complain about their service, but not as good as thai airways (in my humble opinion)

Also with British Airways you're flying direct. I don't see the point in flying the wrong direction for 3 hours, getting off the plane waiting in that crappy Taipei airport with nothing to do for another 2 hours, then flying on another plane back (partially) the way you just came for 2 more plus the usual 12. A much longer trip for not much savings. Same can be said for Singapore Airlines to Europe (though they are a superior airline I agree).

Also with British Airways you're flying direct. I don't see the point in flying the wrong direction for 3 hours, getting off the plane waiting in that crappy Taipei airport with nothing to do for another 2 hours, then flying on another plane back (partially) the way you just came for 2 more plus the usual 12. A much longer trip for not much savings.

no, EVA has layover in Bkk from Taipei, no need to fly there. So for Bkk-Lon it's a direct flight

I got back from the USA with EVA last week. I like them and always end up flying with them but they don't have the best catering. On the trip back they didn't serve any food or drink for 12 hours! OK if I asked for something it was given but no trolley for 12 hours! Also I like to be served free booze a lot and anything except a pewney glass of wine at meals is absent. I much prefer something like Emirates or Thai, even though these are more expensive than EVA. Also the extra u have to pay for the Elite class is just not worth it as all u get is a bigger seat, nothing more.

Also with British Airways you're flying direct. I don't see the point in flying the wrong direction for 3 hours, getting off the plane waiting in that crappy Taipei airport with nothing to do for another 2 hours, then flying on another plane back (partially) the way you just came for 2 more plus the usual 12. A much longer trip for not much savings. Same can be said for Singapore Airlines to Europe (though they are a superior airline I agree).

Eva Air fly direct to Europe, no changes in Taipei or anywhere else.

Racist comments will not be tolerated. Off topic posts have been deleted, this rant is about increasing airline fares and Eva airlines in particular.

I have just paid £832 for a return EVA Elite class flight London - Bangkok.

I have just spoken to my travel agent and the equivalent fare for my next trip in August is £991.

That is an almost 20% increase in price.... :D:o:D

I fly biz class with Eva and the prices are the same as they were in January when I flew them last to the U.S., according to a check I did just now on their website. In fact in July they're Bt8,000 cheaper (due to low season I'm sure). This thread, I agree is a bit alarmist. Whowever posted this seems to have no idea of how the oil prices have hit the bottom lines of air carriers worldwide. Many airlines are going bankrupt every week.

This thread is all hot air.

Hi Fantasteak, you can still get Flights with BA direct from Heathrow to Bangkok for £536 inclusive of all Taxes in May 2008 onwards and many still available on BA website.

on the EVA Website for June it's £691 or £851 inc Taxes but they sell fast, cheers from Pomchob.

I have just paid £832 for a return EVA Elite class flight London - Bangkok.

I have just spoken to my travel agent and the equivalent fare for my next trip in August is £991.

That is an almost 20% increase in price.... :D:o:D

now is a low season, august is one of the busiest in europe due to the summer holiday, hence the price. Probably it was a very similar price yet before eva said about increasing the price

I have just checked fares for my xmas holidays - the cheapest thai, than gulf and eva (thai and eva flying directly would be definitely my choice, whatever to be said about the service - but I did fly with them and was never disappointed)