Mail Order Cameras & Accessories.

monsieurhappy

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to these forums, but not new to Thailand - been a resident here for 2 years now. Not sure if this is the correct forum for this query but having seen one thread about cameras, thought I'd try. I'm thinking of ordering camera gear from the US where it's much cheaper, but I'm worried about import taxes and also the disappearing post that happens over here. Has anyone bought gear over the internet and had it delivered without too much hassle? I would be using UPS or equivolent.

I bought my camera ( Canon 300D ) here in Thailand at a good price, but such things as lenses etc. are not readily available. Does anyone know if lenses for this camera are available in Bangkok or by mail order from Thailand?

Thanks in advance for any info. monsieurhappy

Mail order from outside can be pretty risky because of taxes and lost mail, like you said. Using UPS can make it a bit less risky, but at a price, and taxes are still pretty high on imports.

Are you sure you can't find the stuff here? Either that or ask a friend to bring it in when he/she comes to Thailand.

Check out MBK, I think there are quite a few camera shops there. Remember that the 300D uses the EF-S mount, which accepts both EF and EF-S lenses. There is a new USM EF-S IS lens made especially for these digital SLRs, but I'm not sure whether it's available in Thailand or not.

Internet mail order in Thailand is still in its infancy and has lots of bugs and few stores.

Another Shop I can recommend is Camera Cafe at the Basement of Fortune City. They don't have a lot in stock, bot go out of their Way to get you the item you want.

Other than that, I have just upgraded my 300D to a 20D and have some parts for sale, including the 300D Battery Pack, Canon 4,5-5,6 55-200 EF Lens, EZ 420 Flash, IR Remote Release.

If interested, drop me an IM.

Sunny

Check out FotoFile

They are on the ground floor of MBK in Bangkok.

They have a good choice of lenses, new and second hand.

The web site gives you a good idea of what is available and prices.

I bought my EOS 10D plus 17-40mm lens there.

Check out FotoFile

They are on the ground floor of MBK in Bangkok.

They have a good choice of lenses, new and second hand.

The web site gives you a good idea of what is available and prices.

I bought my EOS 10D plus 17-40mm lens there.

Thanks for the replys guys, looks like a trip to MBK. Sunny, can't help you out, am looking for Macro lens.