Swede Wanted For Pattaya Murder

tuky

Swede wanted for Pattaya murder

Killed Thai woman and packed her in travel bags

850e20c1.jpg

Surveillance video picture from the hotel, Sawasdee Court, Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- The video from the hotel reception shows the 40-year

Swedish man, a former swedish icehockey elite referee.

Directly after the murder he went out and bought two suitcases and

packed the body in them.

The picture from the surveillance camera shows how be drags the

murdered woman from the hotel to a waiting taxi.

The Swede, who was on a long stay holiday in Thailand's tourist resort

of Pattaya, was filmed when he dragged the bags through the hotel

lobby between hotel staff and hotel guests.

- It looked like a golf bag and he had to struggel with the heavy bag,

says Mikael Nyman, another Swedish tourist at the hotel.

Last sunday, just before 7.30 pm, Mikael sat in the lobby and

witnessed when the Swede was carrying the bags through the reception

to a waiting taxi. The taxi driver had to help him with the bags.

The swedish man apparently didn't understand that the hotel camera was

recording all activity. The police in Pattaya now have a copy of the

video, with is one of the evidences against him.

- The hotel guests had heard noise and screams from the Swedes room on

the 5th floor of the hotel in the afternoon. Shortly afterwards he left

the hotel and visited a bag shop, said Pattaya police Norrabon Nanna

to the Swedish newspaper Expressen.

The 40 year old Swede who is suspected for murder was once a successful

elite icehockey referee in Sweden.

The Swede bought two nylon suitcases in a shop near the hotel. The

police believe he had cut the suitcases in half and packed the body

in the bags. He is believed to have covered the bags with a big black

plastic sack that hid the bags.

The body was found five days later in a construction area 300 meter

from the hotel. The police first thought the victim was a transvestite,

but local police said that the victim is a prostitute in her middle

30's.

The woman had serious wounds in the back of her head. The two bags were

found near the body, and the police are sure it was the bags that the

man had bought in the shop.

The same day as the murder, the man disappeared from the hotel. The

police are now accusing him of murder and are searching for him.

Thai police has showed the video on several local TV channels in Thailand.

If he get cought he risks life in prison or death penalty.

--Translation from Expressen.se 2005-02-22

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body in bag found off Second Road

Her head had been smashed in and it was estimated that her she had been dead for three days

PATTAYA: -- At 5pm on February 18, Police Lieutenant Colonel Tittipung Sukteean, inquiry inspector at Pattaya Police Station, received a call to inform him that a naked body had been found in a black plastic bag near the Siam Bayview Hotel on Second Road.

Investigating the report were Police Colonel Somnuk Changate, superintendent of Pattaya Police Station; Police Lieutenant Colonel Nattasit Boonuam, deputy superintendent of crime suppression; Police Lieutenant Chanapat Navalak, deputy superintendent of investigations; Police Major Sutaam Chowsitawng, crime suppression inspector, Dr. Bprasit Jiteewatanapong, director of Banglamung Hospital, and the Sawang Boriboon

In a thicket, a head was found sticking out of a black bin liner. The bag had been taped around the feet and midriff areas. The bag was torn open and the naked body of a woman 30-35 years of age was found. She had dark skin, long shoulder length curly hair with many tattoos across her body, including a rose on her belly and a snake and rose on her chest. Each of her finger and toes nails had been painted in a different colour.

Her head had been smashed in and it was estimated that her she had been dead for three days. The man who discovered the body, Ruengsat Tonruang, 39, a member of staff at the hotel, told officers that he was working on a wall at the back of the hotel when, after throwing away a tin of zinc, he thought better of it and went into the undergrowth to retrieve it. It was at this point he saw the head sticking out of the bag.

Police Colonel Somnuk Changate interviewed residents, and one witness reported that a few days ago around 2am he saw a burly farang with blond hair carrying a large bag, but thought nothing of it at the time. Police suspect the girl may have been a freelance prostitute working on Beach Road, but this is only a guess until she can be positively identified.

--Pattaya People

Body wrapped in bin liner discovered in wasteland near Central Pattaya Hotel

Members of the public altered Police after making a gruesome discovery in wasteland near the Siam Bayview Hotel on Pattaya Second Road. Police Lieutenant Colonel’s Chanatat and Natasit, the Deputy Police Chiefs of Pattaya responded to the call along with rescue workers. They discovered the badly decomposed body of a female transient who was known to reside in the area. The body had been placed in a black bin liner and initial examinations suggested she had been hit on the back of the head and had sustained a number of knife wounds in the left shoulder area. It appeared that the body had been dumped by the killer after being tightly wrapped in the black bags. Police believe that two people were involved in the murder but currently have no further leads apart from some witnesses who mentioned that the woman thought to be aged between 35 and 40 would often be seen fighting with other transients. The Police investigation continues and a post mortem examination is now underway.

-Pattaya City News

Let's all keep our eyes open for this creep. The sooner he is caught the safer everyone is. I don't care what the girl's 'profession' was, she does not deserve this fate.

I am one farang who would love to see this guy behind bars a soon as possible.

My condolances to the family of this woman.

It's all going on in Pattaya at the moment, it seems.

This story, though, sent a shiver down my spine!

Poor girl!

What a gruesome incident!

String the assailant up by his balls!

I was going to pop into Pattaya on my next visit.

I think i'll swerve it.

Exploited teenagers.

Prostitute murders.

On my thread asking about bad experiences in Thailand, most of the bad images came from there!

I've been told it has lost all of it's Thainess. I wanted to see, briefly, what such a place could be like!

Nah, no place for me.

Still feel it for the girl though!

B

Poor girl!

I think i'll swerve it.

Exploited teenagers.

Prostitute murders.

On my thread asking about bad experiences in Thailand, most of the bad images came from there!

I've been told it has lost all of it's Thainess. I wanted to see, briefly, what such a place could be like!

Nah, no place for me.

B

Don't be so narrow minded be because of something you read here, yes its true but what the heck. :o

Pattaya is'nt the only place where murders take place. :D

Pattaya is alot safer than most of the uk towns.

Poor girl!

I think i'll swerve it.

Exploited teenagers.

Prostitute murders.

Nah, no place for me.

B

Don't be so narrow minded be because of something you read here, yes its true but what the heck. :o

Pattaya is'nt the only place where murders take place. :D

Pattaya is alot safer than most of the uk towns.

Absolutely agree with dave..we would never go anywhere if we worried about the odd murder or two

Brings to mind the case just last year of Chompoonut "Jeab" Kobram, the 23 year-old Thailand PADI certified dive master who was found murdered in Pattaya with 48 stab wounds.

The suspect was a Belgian 24 year-old man named San Van Treeck who was arrested by the Thai authorities, somehow made bail, got the Belgian Embassy to give him a new passport, and then promptly skipped out back to Belgium where he remains free.

Sure hope that this case works out better than Jeab's.

More details at on Jeab's murder can be found at the site organized by her fiance:

http://groups.msn.com/FriendsofJeabSeeking...iceforherMurder

Believe me, I am no mouse nor am I narrow minded.

Curiosity killed the cat after all. My curiosity for going to Pattaya has all but gone. I'll spend my baht elsewhere, thanks all the same.

Of course you are correct about UK cities and London is certainly no exception. As soon as I got on the bus at Heathrow after my last visit I bumped into a friend who soon filled me in on all the murders, rapes and muggings that had occured whilst I was away. Did I feel like just turning around and getting on the next plane back? I did, who wouldn't, but I had some things to sort out first!

Nope, I'll stick to my original plan and that didn't include Pattaya. Sorry.

B

Poor girl!

I think i'll swerve it.

Exploited teenagers.

Prostitute murders.

Nah, no place for me.

Lost all its `Thainess` ......Bobenyang

B

Booma- your loss mate! Where are your original plans? I'm sure we can dig up some murders for there too if it makes you feel better.  :o

:-) I'm sure you can, but that aint the full point.

If I manage to get all the money i'm due, then maybe, just maybe, I'll stick in the detour again. If not, things could be a bit tight, even extremely tight. I have got to be down South mid March. I'll just have to wait 'til I get over there.

I can see the jokes coming already.

B

PS Why hasn't this story been put in the general news forum? just curious.

After the guy for changing his plans. tsk tsk Forgetting the reason and the victim in this. Good to know we are all so callous about anothers life. If the guy didn't get on the plane immediately he left the hotel I imaginethey will catch up to him. Then they can string him up by the pubic hairs!

NOT ALL EUROS ARE MORALLY SUPERIOR TO THE REST OF THE WORLD, EUROPE HAS ITS SHARE OF SICKIES TOO.

IT IS TOO BAD THAT THIS HEINOUS TYPE OF CRIME HAS TO BE IMPORTED TO THE KINGDOM. BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THE FARANGS THAT COME TO THAILAND TO DRINK AND SCREW ONLY, AND RESIDENT FARANGS WHOSE WHOLE LIVES REVOLVE ARROUND NANA, PATTAYA GO GO BARS ETC, SHOULD YOU EXPECT MUCH MORE? BAR GIRL FARANGS ARE JUST TRASH FOR THAILAND THAT SPEND THEIR PENSIONS HERE. I ALWAYS FELT THAT THE BAR GIRL SCENE WAS ONLY A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF WHAT THAILAND IS ABOUT. THEIR IS A WHOLE WORLD OF THAILAND OUT THERE THAT MOST OF THE BAR SCUM ARE BLINDED TOO. BUT FROM THEIR PERCH AT THE BAR THEY CAN TELL YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT THAILAND.

ON THE WHOLE FARANGS ARE VERY UGHLY COMPARED TO THAI PEOPLE. NO WONDER THEY ONLY TOLERATE US.

Try to remember the old adage "innocent until proven guilty" folks.

And what makes this case any different than the hundreds of others in the realm, and people aren't getting steamed up about them.  :o

Hundreds?.... the only "hundreds" of people murdered in Thailand that I know about are the alledged drug users in 2003 and the ongoing carnage in the Deep South, both of which were/are essentially done by the government. Are there "hundreds" of others?? :D:D

Poor girl!

I think i'll swerve it.

Exploited teenagers.

Prostitute murders.

I've been told it has lost all of it's Thainess. 

I believe that loss came around 1968 or thereabouts.

mraloha no offence but you're an idiot murder is not imported anywhere nor has it got anything to do with bar girls. Sort your own problems out before complaining about all the farangs i.e. people the same as you, in Thailand. I'm also guessing you are American because farang apparently translates to EUROS (note irritating capital letters). <deleted>

This Swedish guy had a bit of a track record. They interviewed his dad and got the story. He was a very promising ice hockey player in the Swedish major league. He then suddenly quit as a player and became one of the most respected referees in the major league.

One day he nicked the referees cash box, with about $10,000, and took off to Rio. In Rio he got messed up with drugs and other problems and finally got back to Sweden again. In Sweden he worked up several hundred thousand dollars worth of bad debts with credit card companies.

To escape his problems in Sweden he went to France and joined the foreign legion. After 5 years in some of the worst trouble spots he resigned from the legion and went to Pattaya for a holiday. The rest of the story is told in above messages.