Pinned List Of Gay Bars And Saunas

ChrisP

GAY FRIENDLY BARS & RESTAURANTS & KARAOKE

BANGKOK

Telephone Bar - Soi 4 off Silom Rd

"Quality/Price: Drinks are typical farang-pub quality, with premium brands available on request. House cocktails pretty reasonably priced. Restaurant upstairs is farang-priced but above average quality.

Atmosphere: Dark, smokey. Can get a bit crowded-feeling on busy nights, but you can escape to the tables upstairs in the restaurant. Music lately has been dance-pop, usually played a bit too loud. On most occasions, I've found the place relaxed and low-key, though it has had occasional fits of queeniness and camp.

Staff: Tend to be mid-twenties gay Thai guys of various types from butch to queeny- more of the former. Dress is a typical professional waiter uniform. They are generally friendly and efficient. It is a prerequisite for them to be functional enough in English to wait tables; some are more fluent than others. They can be quite chatty and funny, and are not at all averse to good-natured flirting. Turnover is surprising low.

History: Not sure how long it's been there, but a number of years now- there have been a couple of management changes, but the basic style of the bar's stayed the same. The name of the bar comes from numbered telephones (many of which are still hung or placed by the different seats and tables) which were supposed to be used to ring someone you were too shy to go over and make a pass at. I've never seen anyone ht.".

Sphinx - Silom Soi4

"Low-key restaurant. Menu mainly Thai with some "international" dishes. It has been there for 10 years or more."

Dicks Cafe - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

"Nice low-key Restaurant/Bar/Coffee Shop very popular with Farang. GREAT location to watch the action on the Soi, and sometimes you get a lonely cute guy just 'hanging around'.. drinking a coffee... :-)"

Yes Pub - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

Sake Bar - Near Khao San Road. At Burger King turn right ( Tanao road ) cross the big avenue ( Ratchadamnoen ) and follow this avenue to the second soi on your left.

"Sake is a bit seedy , but perhaps worth to visit once and see. Drink are beer ( 100 baht ) ice / coke / soda ( 25 baths ). Customer get a standing table .. Whisky ( Spey Royal ) 340 after 10.30 , 280 before.." .

Bug and Bee Coffee Shop - Silom Rd near DJ and Freeman

Coffee Society Coffee Shop - Silom Rd near DJ and Freeman

"great spot to watch the boys going to DJ on Silom.. they always check out who is in the window of Coffee Society.."

CHIANG MAI (see below for more updates)

2 Style Bar/Restaurant - In large and busy soi off Ratchawichit Road - entrance to the soi is the same side as The Irish Pub and about 100 yards further on walking west, i.e. away from the moat. Look for the rainbow flag hanging outside.

"Caution - June 12 - the place is now in new hands and/or may close shortly and open as something else."

"Different kind of place from the MB bars at the Night Market etc. More mixed and laid back - and no "offs" as such. Easy parking. Good food, friendly atmosphere and Thai prices for most of the drinks & all of the food. They could work on their music selection, though!"

Garden Bar at the Lotus Hotel - opposite Adam's Apple.

Very friendly and comfortable place to meet other farang as well as Thai guys. The drinks are very reasonable and its very cruisy with the Adam crowd and the snooker hall next door. The Garden Bar parties are set to resume in August. They are held the first saturday night of each month at 7:30. Good place to meet people. One free drink, snacks and door prizes plus one speaker or performer and usually a band or musician. Most people go up to Adam for the show afterwards.

Soho Bar - Huay Kaew

"It is more like a Balcony or Telephone. Nice place to relax and meet people. No hosts and no offs. They have game nights where you can meet lots of the locals."

RELAX - Karaoke

"Fun and open late..!"

GAY GO-GO BARS

BANGKOK

X-Treme Now closed. Dancers have gone to Roxy Bar in Soi4.

Boys Bangkok - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

Future Boys - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

"VERY popular bar, often str8 girls there to watch.. some boys look SO bored"

Fresh Boys - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

Slyper X - Soi Anuman Rajadhon, Soi Than Thawan off Surawong Road

(I think Slyper X has become something new - 10/05)

Screw Boy - (moved from Patpong 2)

"bit on the sleazy side.."

Classic - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

Dream Boy - Soi Duangthawee Plaza (Boy Plaza) off Suriwong Rd

Jupiter 2002 - 33/1-33 Surawong Road (Soi Thaniya 2)

Golden Cock - deep into Soi Tarntawan..

"more on the sleazy side.."

Solid - deep into Soi Tarntawan

Super A

Nature Boy - deep into Soi Tarntawan

"VERY on the sleazy side..!"

Club Alek

Tawan Bar - 2/2 Soi Than Thawan, Surawong Road

(off Suriwong opposite Tawana Ramada) Phone: (0) 2234 - 5506

Open 8p.m. to 1 a.m. Drinks 200 baht Off fee 350 baht. Shows 10.30 p.m. and Midnight usually including 'special'

"This is THE B bar for lovers of Muscles. Around 50 to 60 guys at peak times and several National Champion Bodybuilders. There are some younger guys who are more athletic build. The guys approach customers politely. No mandatory drink when a guy sits with you though a tip is expected."

CHIANG MAI

Doi BoyClosed as host bar, now a gay discotheque.

New My Way

Circle Pub

TGB

Free Guys

Cream

Chez NousClosed August 2008

Friendship Bar

PHUKET

Top Man

Cabaret and Go-Go Bar - Sunee Plaza.

Panorama.

An open host bar in Boyztown. www.panoramapub.com

La Cage.

An open host bar in Sunee plaza. www.LaCage-Pattaya.com

KOH SAMUI

The Site - Chaweng Beach - down a Soi beside Osteria Restaurant, opposite Tradewinds Bungalows.

"The Site, well-appointed and upmarket, has about ten hosts, and according to the Barman, up to four or five customers at a time. The bar also offers massage services. The drinks seem relatively expensive however, for what it is, with four Black Label whiskies working out at 670 Baht".

K-Club - Soi behind Starbucks

"has about 8 hosts.. drinks 120baht"

Corner Guys - Soi behind Starbucks

"has about 8 hosts.. drinks 120baht"

Sun Boys Bar - Soi behind Starbucks

SAUNAS & MASSAGE

BANGKOK

Babylon

"Babylon is world famous as the best. The ones in Europe don't hold a candle to it nor does the U.S. Sparoma in Chiang Mai is nice but doesn't approach the facilities of Babylon".

Chakran Sauna

"Chakran Sauna is very good. It is beautiful like Babylon, but on a much smaller scale. The best part of Chakran is the massage. You get a 'real' professional massage (even though you are naked, nothing sexual occurs").

Muffill Sauna

"nice sauna...Latprao 113 ... about 100m down on the right (if your taxi misses it ... down't sweat .. the end of the road is a circle and brings you back by it in about 4 more baht.

Steam room ... jacuzzi ... (warm NOT hot)

Food ... drink ... (big beer about 90 baht) I think you can bring your own bottle ... and buy mixers there ...

Price: 120 baht?"

CHIANG MAI

SpaRoma

"The nicest and not that far out of the way as often reported"

House of Male

It is near Central Kad Kaew on a back soi, outdoor pool, drinks and restaurant, a maze, weight room, lockers, and a very hot steam room. Price, still 130 baht.

Naga across from Big C

HIS Male Massage

Ken's Male Massage

Bee Beez Male Massage

Barai Male Massage

Climax Male Massage

Gemini Male Massage / Sauna

PATTAYA

Monty's Pool Bar & Cafe - Sunee Plaza, Pattaya.

Open daily 10am to 1am. Unique setup with large swimming pool, gym, steam and dry sauna, moderately priced drinks, Thai, Chinese and Western snacks menu.

"Run by ex-pat Australian, Monty, who will go out of his way to help newcomers. A relaxing place with friendly staff. My favourite place in Pattaya to unwind before making a tour of the bars and go-gos."

===================================================

Many thanks to our contributors for their own PERSONAL comments on these establishments!, and please note that the comments expressed here are NOT those of ThaiVisa.

** To add to this list.. make a regular post, and a moderator will add or insert it, since this topic is both pinned to the top, and locked

Thanks!

Last updated 30 Sept 2008 for Chiang Mai, per info on radchada.com, and most out-of-date comments removed.

Edited by PeaceBlondie

• 1 year later...

he new gay Pattaya landmark is ready

Gay Sansuk Sauna finally opens in Pattaya

By Suzy Size (gay Pattaya based writer)

IPB Image

A new landmark of gay Pattaya is finally up and running: Of course I am talking about gay Sansuk Sauna which was officially opened with a party bash on January 1st. Suzy was invited for the party but could not take part because of a severe hangover - the hangover of her driver that is. Since she hit another car in broad daylight just near Thappraya Soi 11, where Sansuk Gay Sauna is located, she refuses to drive at night. Though Suzy has many talents, driving cars around straight and gay Pattaya is definitely not one of them. If she cannot see approaching cars in broad daylight, she definitely decided not to drive any longer at night, when she is almost blind.

And, to make matters worse, the brand new car (still with the red license plates) badly damaged by clumsy Suzy Size was driven by a young, but obviously influential person. Out of nowhere a "friend" of the driver arrived at the scene and showed Suzy a picture of him together with the most infamous godfather of the East Coast, who is presently on the run from a murder charge! So it took only little persuasion by this guy and Suzy agreed to pay for a rented car for her victim during the full month the repair was going to take.

So Suzy Size missed the gay Pattaya first and foremost event of this still young year, but was told by everybody it was a great party. Queens and hunks from all over the world were there.

Suzy was sitting in gay Pattaya Jomtien beach when she was reminded of the opening of gay Sansuk Sauna. An obviously gay and very handsome hunk was distributing these flyers announcing that the new landmark of gay Pattaya has finally opened. Suzy suspects the picture with the perfect body on that flyer that was drawing the attention of the crowds in gay Jomtien was taken of the smiling messenger himself. So she packed her bag and rushed uphill.

to http://www.stickyrice.ws/?view=sansukopen

www.sansukpattaya.com - under constuction

• 2 months later...

I do not know when was the last time you were out on the town but you are way out on all of the places you have cited.

In Bangkok only, Yes bar and restaurant went belly up 4 years ago and so did Tabou 2 years past. Roxy is an non event for at least a year. What about Hamilton's, @Richard's and G.O.D on Soi 2/1?

The list is too long for correcting all of this this posting.

I do not know when was the last time you were out on the town but you are way out on all of the places you have cited.

In Bangkok only, Yes bar and restaurant went belly up 4 years ago and so did Tabou 2 years past. Roxy is an non event for at least a year. What about Hamilton's, @Richard's and G.O.D on Soi 2/1?

The list is too long for correcting all of this this posting.

Chiang Mai list is disapointingly out of date too. I thought its time someone corrected this so the following is a current update to the original Chiang Mai content (March 2007) if its of interest to anyone. Info based on comments from friends (mainly Thai) and some personal knowledge:

CHIANG MAI

GAY FRIENDLY BARS & RESTAURANTS & KARAOKE

2 Style Bar/Restaurant - In large and busy soi off Ratchawichit Road - entrance to the soi is the same side as The Irish Pub and about 100 yards further on walking west, i.e. away from the moat. Look for the rainbow flag hanging outside.

"Caution - June 12 - the place is now in new hands and/or may close shortly and open as something else."

"Different kind of place from the MB bars at the Night Market etc. More mixed and laid back - and no "offs" as such. Easy parking. Good food, friendly atmosphere and Thai prices for most of the drinks & all of the food. They could work on their music selection, though!"

> Closed down a long time ago, several of the old staff still work in other bars.

Garden Bar at the Lotus Hotel - opposite Adam's Apple.

Very friendly and comfortable place to meet other farang as well as Thai guys. The drinks are very reasonable and its very cruisy with the Adam crowd and the snooker hall next door. The Garden Bar parties are set to resume in August. They are held the first saturday night of each month at 7:30. Good place to meet people. One free drink, snacks and door prizes plus one speaker or performer and usually a band or musician. Most people go up to Adam for the show afterwards.

> Still good but much quieter since Adam shut, still popular with the pool hall boys - helps if you can speak Tai Yai!

Soho Bar - Huay Kaew

"It is more like a Balcony or Telephone. Nice plave to relax and meet people. No hosts and no offs. They have game nights where you can meet lots of the locals."

> "Changed hands a few weeks ago, heard a rumor that the buyer changed at the last minute and its now going Str8 as a guest house. Dunno how true this is. Last few months its being dying anyway"

RELAX - Karaoke

"Fun and open late..!"

> Great place if you're in the know - but not somewhere for new in town lone Farangs, best to go only with Thai friends. Also be careful - can get violent when the Thai's overdose on 100 Pipers".

Other places new to list:

Mai Paeng - late night local restaurant (Thai food only)

"Popular after bar restaurant, many off duty MBs go there, fun and cheap but you need to speak some Thai or go with Thai friends, haven't checked it out for a few months though"

Mandalay - Disco (AKA Mandagay by Thais)

"Extremely popular with young gay Thais - this is the place everyone goes; but the owner hates Farang and they are very unwelcome unless with "connected" Thais, its also a place for group drinking - single middle aged Farang wallflowers look very sad and conspicuous"

Kudos

"New Gay bar (Summer 2006) has both outdoor beer bar area and Smart A/C lounge"

Glass Onion

"Upmarket air conditioned wine bar - very smart and friendly"

HEUAN AI BAU

"A personal favourite - Gay friendly local outdoor bar/restaurant, junction of Santitham and Tewan, great food and friendly staff, very resonable prices"

GAY GO-GO BARS

Adam's Apple

"is reportedly open for shows again (almost as good as in BKK)"

"Still the best in my opinion. Well controlled and best show"

> "Shut since mid 2006, conflicting rumours about when/if it will ever reopen and much gossip about what went on - I'm a newbie so gonna keep my mouth shut as I don't like dodging bullets"

Doi Boy

"Run as fast as you can.."

> "real dive with very few customers - an advantage if u wanna be discreet; if you don't scare easy you might find some hidden treasure - trust me"

Fan Club

"(avoid, IMHO)"

"Be afraid, be very afraid!"

> " Long gone......"

New My Way

"Boys are too aggresive and will ask you for drinks and sit without being invited. The manager does not control the boys"

>"Nothing much has changed.......probably the best selection of boys in CNX...but still needs a good Mamasan, also too dark to see what that boy who just sat next to you even looks like! Has a long show, but too many "chicks with dicks in dirty frocks" doing lip sync"

Circle Pub

"Good but a bit too formal."

> "more for the muscle lover"

TGB

"Check your bill and your change carefully"

> "Dunno if this is still open"

Free Guys

"Not bad. Maybe a little inconsistent."

> "probably the raunchiest show in CNX, but they put the prices up to BKK levels in Nov 2006 and its nothing like a BKK bar or a BKK show. If you get bored can always play spot the gay boy - not easy....... the bar tender's cute though, and the Tai Yai guys are well endowed"

Coffee Boy

"Not even worth the tuk tuk ride to get there"

Just been sold - July 2005.. so may change. Later: rumored to be closed again.

> "recent report - Feb 2007 says its open and nicely refurbished, but few boys or customers"

>The following aren't Gogo bars but just regular beer bars, mostly outdoor, with freelancers always around (plus some available staff)

Night Bazzar Soi off Thape Soi 1 behind D2 Hotel>

Cream

"The best of the night bazaar"

> "umm, "The Best" only if VERY young Burmese are your thing - you have been warned!"

Jackpot

"Friendly bar"

> Also the two bars at the entrance to the Soi are now gay; Left side is called Secret place - don't care for the new owner though; right side is same owner as Jackpot I believe" There is also Cruise bar opposite Cream - similar story"

Around the Peak Climbing wall:

Chez Nous

"Best of the Peak bars"

> "Chez Nous is now the worst.......changed hands about six months ago; boys with attitude who like to abuse things of substance if you get my meaning"

Friendship Bar

"I don't care for the management.."Others have no problem; it changes.

> "Has changed hands since the original post; The owner, Pi Nui, is one of the most respected bar owners in Chiang Mai having previously worked in Chez Nous and very supportive of local Gay HIV charity. Popular place just to go and drink with no pressure"

New Peak Bars:

Paradise Bar

"Recently re-opened by Lek, a former owner of Chez Nous - most of the old Chez Nous customers now go there; very popular with cute bar staff"

Cupid Bar

"Not as good as it was but the staff are VERY friendly :D Don't forget the condoms"

MTV Bar

"owned by the same people as Classic House Massage - Popular with friendly staff"

SAUNAS & MASSAGE

SpaRoma

"The nicest and not that far out of the way as often reported"

"Beautiful place with big swimming pool and well equipped Gym - not so many people"

House of Male

It is near Central Kad Kaew on a back soi, outdoor pool, drinks and restaurant, a maze, weight room, lockers, and a very hot steam steam room. About 130 baht two years ago.

"Still 130 Baht for Farang AFAIK, still sleazy....... and popular with Farang"

Naga across from Big C

"owned by the owner of Circle Pub. No personal experience to tell of yet"

"Dunno if this is still open?"

HIS Male Massage

"The best in town. I hear they opened a bar of the same name but I haven't checked it out yet."

>"had a dull spot but have heard good things recently; also have a late night Karaoke bar on Cnhiang Mai Land"

Ken's Male Massage

>"Closed I Believe"

Bee Beez Male Massage

>"Mediocre reports"

Barai Male Massage

>"Dunno if this is still open?"

Climax Male Massage

"what a great name!"

>"Dunno if this is still open?"

Gemini Male Massage / Sauna

"Major rip off."

</FONT>> "Apparently still overpriced and mediocre facilities but some cute young masseuse"

Other Massage places:

Art of massage

"Small; Close to Adam Apple and Viangbua Mansion; mediocre"

Maple

"New place adjacent to New My Way - same boys!; cheap but mediocre"

Blue Club

"Chiang Mai Land; have no reports but know a couple of the staff who should make a visit worthwhile :o "

One 2 Come

"Also a great name! Last but not least this place has the best facilities in Chiang Mai, formerly a guest house, all the rooms are large and provided with en suite facilities and even a jacuzzi and outdoor beer garden to go and relax. Great selection of friendly attitude free boys. Across bridge from Sheraton Hotel. Thoroughly recommended"

Edited by Paagai

Thanks to Paagai for the very extensive update to the Chiang Mai scene. Few of us have the ......stamina?....desire?.....to check them all out and update them.

I'd invite the Bangkok crowd to do the same, but please don't be explicit (we're too close to the edge already).

Paagai, by now I should be able to speak northern dialect, Akha, Karen, and Tai Yai. :o

• 2 weeks later...

May I add a few comments:

Jackpot

"Friendly bar"

> Also the two bars at the entrance to the Soi are now gay; Left side is called Secret place - don't care for the new owner though; right side is same owner as Jackpot I believe" There is also Cruise bar opposite Cream - similar story"

Jack-Pot is more or less closed. Instead they opened the new bar at the entrace of the centre called Dragon King. It is ok but most of the guys around there are a bit too feminine for my taste.

Secret Place is now called Secrets and on the sign the text is added: A touch of class. No one understands what class they are referring too. It is generally known as a cheap copy of the Cream bar.

Cruise bar is still the best despite the terrible state of the furniture. Guys there are not as young as in Cream or Secrets and definately not feminine! Mostly Tai Yai. Maisjoen Ka (cheers in Tai Yai)

Then there is also a bar called G-Star open when it suits them. Before it was once called Wood Bar and there is still one non gay bar called Paradise not to be mixed up with the gay Paradise bar near the Peak that is run by Lek who before was part of the Chez Nous team.

Shan

Edited by PeaceBlondie
Just ask for ID's for age!!

• 1 month later...
anybody know where coffee boy is in Chiang mai ??
It's near the big bus station, or at least up the back road behind the station, east side of town, off the superhighway. Not easy to find, but some tuktuk drivers know the place. Some folks consider it too far out of town. Has been open and closed under different management over the years. They have rooms to rent on the premises. There may be a website; try google.

MUNRO'S Restaurant & Showbar

Chiang Mai's newest and most original restaurant & showbar, hosted by RUBY MUNRO UK's top drag comedian, eat and or drink, no cover charge

2 shows nightly, the place to see and be seen, located at: 45 Nimmanhaemin Road, (Soi11) Chiang Mai. Phone: 053 895 209

www.rubymunro.com

(We're open to to the public Sat 30th June 2007, from 5pm)

Thanks

anybody know where coffee boy is in Chiang mai ??

The bar is still there. But not the boys.

This place has been closed for many weeks now.

ps

Location is near the ChiangMai railway station or behind the Bus station - "Ar-Keat" if you want to go there by a tuk tuk.

• 1 month later...

KRABI

Went there this weekend with BF.

There is a gay resort, sounds cheap and good value. We didnt stay there as it is 2or 3 km from the beach. Inland, with bungalows or value rooms at 600b or so. Look on Utopia, it's the one that comes up for Krabi. I think it's Ao Lang Rainbow or similar. Run by swiss gay couple??? I belive there is a bar on site. There are TukTuks and taxis in Krabi.

Most people stay at Ao Lang, the commercial beach (not as bad as pattaya or Patong, thank god). We can recommend the Somkiet Buri resort, opposite McDonalds (so about 300m from beach)...BUT...a complete hideaway, like high class rooms in a jungle setting. The normal price in Hi Season is 3400 for a top room but we got same for 2400. Really very nice! And the restaurant was good, if pricey.

We found 2 bars. Ignore some of the stuff online or in older Spartacus. When I went to kohn Kaen about 3 mths ago, some of the info in books was very old, so I dont take as gospel now.

Almost opposite the McD there is a soi which has about 10 straight bars, all a bit tacky with pool tables and some girly hookers. On the corner is a restauarant which sells indian food. In the soi, on the left, last but one, is a gay bar ChokDee. The Thai manager was chatty and nice BUT now is low season and we were alone in the place. All of these bars are quite tacky! Corrugated roofs and basic. A beer is about 80b in the bottle.

The other bar was called 69 and is on the far right inside the main central bar area. These main bars are in a soi that runs behind the beach front shops and behind Centre point...the centre of the resort (AoNang). There are a lot of noisy straight bars but this one was down an alley. Beware, it is a host bar, and very tacky. There were four "host" boys when we arrived, and nobody else. We bought 2 of the boys a drink (foolishly) and the bill was large after only 20 minutes. I was with BF and not wanting sex.

I cant help with any more info. Krabi Town and the airport are quite away from the main resorts, 20-30km. Most hotels have a bus.

Maya Bay (de Caprio fame!) and PhiPhi itself, and the other islands, are really something. U have to see these before u die, i think! The speedboat tours are quite good value at 1200b all day on average. Krabi has no throbbing gayscene BUT those islands are wonderful.

PEd

• 1 month later...

Chiang Mai Update – September 2007

There's a great new Gay place in town called Golden Ball (formerly Heuan Ai Bao – now under new management). Both bar and restaurant - food and drink at local prices in a garden setting, many cute boys working there. The new owner, Bon, will be familiar to many from the Chiang Mai scene and is often dressed in drag to add some fun to the atmosphere! Located on Santitham Road and popular with the many students in that area.

They also have a great website www.bontong.com which includes an up to date gay guide to Chiang Mai and map. (see also www.gaychiangmai.bontong.com )

Circle Pub is still popular, especially with Thais – the parking lot is full of pick up trucks most nights and it can be hard to get a seat.

Doi boy has had a makeover with a much better layout so you can actually see the stage. Everything else is the same though :o

Long time Chiang Mai institution Simon Cabaret has closed (rumoured it may re-open in High season); many lonley and broke lady boys wandering the streets right now......

Ruby Munro's (see earlier in this thread) is a fantastic new venue – great show and entertainment, close to Glass Onion too. Another new place is Club 9 (Nimanhemin Soi 9), popular with the former Soho crowd.

Dragon Pub (next to Royal Peninsula Hotel) is a new modern venue that has both an outdoor restaurant (covered) and late night disco/live music venue. Now very popular with the gay crowd (and not anti Farang like Mandalay, or sleazy like Spicy).

Adam's apple remains closed, and no sign this is going to change anytime soon.

Art of massage seems to have dissapeared but there is a new place called Chakka (very close to Golden Ball - see their gay guide for details)

The night bazzar bars (walk in soi next to Foxy lady) are sleazier than ever, the worst being the front left bar (Secrets). At least with Cream and Cruise the antics of pre-historic farang pawing Burmese youngsters was out of view, now its on a public street and starting to attract the wrong sort of attention (Think D2 Hotel, CCTV, Boys in Brown, Evidence – come on guys…wake up and smell the coffee).

HIS CLUB (2) within the ChiangMai land area has transformed into a night of fun entertainment.

The only thing that bothers me is that show-time starts only at 1.00 am. Too sleepy !

The coyote male dancers are sexy and they really tried their best to put up a good show.

Same goes to those ladyboys that makes the entertainment with much laughters too.

So, for those wanting a fun night there, maybe you should have a good evening nap before venturing there at 12.00 midnight.

• 2 weeks later...
HIS CLUB (2) within the ChiangMai land area has transformed into a night of fun entertainment.

The only thing that bothers me is that show-time starts only at 1.00 am. Too sleepy !

The coyote male dancers are sexy and they really tried their best to put up a good show.

Same goes to those ladyboys that makes the entertainment with much laughters too.

So, for those wanting a fun night there, maybe you should have a good evening nap before venturing there at 12.00 midnight.

Agree entirely; His Club is fabulous, Gay hang out with many local "faces" there. It's a real late night venue (open until 5 or 6 a.m.) so doesn't warm up until other places close - 2 or 3 a.m. onwards.

Cautionary note: Chiang Mai Land is dangerous late at night (I know two people who've been stabbed there recently..... :D and fights are common). Be careful, go with a group of Thai friends only.

Another interesting late night place is Barocco at Chang Phuek Soi 4 161/29. - down the small soi opposite Circle Pub, has nice waiters :o . Also heard e-male is open again (On Rattanakosin near traffic lights with Assadathorn Road - next to a car lot). Haven't been but apparently not many people. The Relex remains the best late night Karaoke :D

Further caution: All late night venues in CNX operate close to the edge with a risk of raids by the Boys in Brown (and more recently, the Army....), these places are popular with Tai Yai guys (ie. No I.D.) which can create problems (and they're involved in most of the fights).

Went to Golden Ball last night with a fellow poster, and it was crowded for a Sunday night, quite pleasant, staff friendly without clinging. Will be back.

Golden Ball www.bontong.com got a wacky review in Chiang Mai mail www.chiangmai-mail.com/240/dining.shtml Last couple of times I've been there the place has been packed with a really fun atmosphere. Largely Thai customers but with a few Farang too. I'm amazed at how this place has taken off, shows what you can do with good food, low prices, cute friendly staff and a bit of inspiration. Compare with the night bazzar: tourist pricing with a bunch of freelancers sitting around crying in their (Chang) beer about the lack of customers and discussing their HIV medications.......

Also heard that Kudos bar www.kudoschiangmai.com has shut down, shame as it was a nice place but maybe in the wrong location.

Munro's www.rubymunro.com is taking a two week rainy season break and re-opens on 13th october with a revamped show, new menu and on site Italian restaurant (downstairs).

• 2 months later...

I agree about the Golden Ball--really decent food at good prices and the boys are handsome. I also like Gallery Bar across from the entrance from the Imperial Mae Ping hotel. Beautiful garden courtyard setting, good food, and lower drink prices than the night bazaar. The waiters are handsome, and seem to be football players. .......

I agree about the Golden Ball--really decent food at good prices and the boys are handsome. I also like Gallery Bar across from the entrance from the Imperial Mae Ping hotel. Beautiful garden courtyard setting, good food, and lower drink prices than the night bazaar. The waiters are handsome, and seem to be football players. .......

The Tianzi restaurant next to Gallery Bar is the best thing around; have a (healthy) dinner there--try the brown rice salad!--and then go digest with the boys next door.

• 1 month later...

:o Just returned from Udon Thani

Mr Tong's Bar and Restaurant

Have not seen anything like it in 8 years in Thailand

Outdoor terrace, inside very chic bar and restaurant, the decor is extremely moderno, pleasant staff..security provided by off duty BIB's..

DJ noise not pleasant

Mixed crowd

Brit and Thai owners, gets packed around 11pm....unfortunately that is past my bed time these days

Highly recommend it if you want to kick back and watch the world pass by...Dukkha

:o Same owners as Mr Tongs Bar

It is called Super Star and you are correct as is due to open soon according to owner

who kindly shouted me a black soda, Johnny Walker and Soda, had never heard the

term as am not a whisky drinker....seems they have no shortage of patrons

There is a kareoke bar a few doors from there, not given much reccommendation..Dukkha

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...