Western Women

Glauka

Since few weeks ago I have come across to some post against Western women attitude, look, lifestyle....

Well I have been brought in a western family, my parents education was based on trying to achive my little dreams, be honest, speak out what i think, fight about matters which find unfair, respect and so on...

It seems that to know what we want, to try to achieve our little dreams, wanting to be independent from our partners, speak out when we think something is not fair make us less desirable to some western men who have found that a more docile woman is what they want. Fair enough...But why this bashing against us...

Well most of you have had bad past experience with western woman...but why the personal experience of some of you have to do with the rest of us? Was she like a devil and were you a little angel, blameless in the break up of the relationship? Have you never behave like a complete idiot and did things which you knew were not right? Well I had bad sentimental experience with westerners men but I am not going to bash you or critize you...

one ot the thai posters said that he will never critize thai girls...why do you critize us? Why do you show with your words an image of us that in my case is far from the truth?

Why so many comparison between Western and Thai female? Do you know us all as to speak so general about certain group within the population?

One of the posters refers to one of my comments as to be a Feminist police...if you ever meet me you will discover that i am far from that...but i can tell you that if a i think that something is not fair under my point of view i am going to tell you what I think...

Some men have state that thai girls are more feminine...again I consider myself and most of my friends quite femenine...

Well I am not a bricklayer Kind of woman but I will lay a brick if is need to be done, I am not a wife-mother for my partner but will try to support my partner when he needs to, i am not in need to be save but i like to find protection, i can live independently but i want to find someone to love...so what am I?

I AM A WOMAN and some of you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature....

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since few weeks ago I have come across to some post against Western women attitude, look, lifestyle....

Well I have been brought in a western family, my parents education was based on trying to achive my little dreams, be honest, speak out what i think, fight about matters which find unfair, respect and so on...

It seems that to know what we want, to try to achieve our little dreams, wanting to be independent from our partners, speak out when we think something is not fair make us less desirable to some western men who have found that a more docile woman is what they want. Fair enough...But why this bashing against us...

Well most of you have had bad past experience with western woman...but why the personal experience of some of you have to do with the rest of us? Was she like a devil and were you a little angel, blameless in the break up of the relationship? Have you never behave like a complete idiot and did things which you knew were not right? Well I had bad sentimental experience with westerners men but I am not going to bash you or critize you...

one ot the thai posters said that he will never critize thai girls...why do you critize us? Why do you show with your words an image of us that in my case is far from the truth?

Why so many comparison between Western and Thai female? Do you know us all as to speak so general about certain group within the population?

One of the posters refers to one of my comments as to be a Feminist police...if you ever meet me you will discover that i am far from that...but i can tell you that if a i think that something is not fair under my point of view i am going to tell you what I think...

Some men have state that thai girls are more feminine...again I consider myself and most of my friends quite femenine...

Well I am not a bricklayer Kind of woman but I will lay a brick if is need to be done, I am not a wife-mother for my partner but will try to support my partner when he needs to, i am not in need to be save but i like to find protection, i can live independently but i want to find someone to love...so what am I?

I AM A WOMAN and some of you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature....

I guess its the same as to why some people here talk bad about one kind of Thai girl......they are women too.

I guess its the same as to why some people here talk bad about one kind of Thai girl......they are women too.

What´s your point?

I am talking about western woman bashing...bargirls bashing could be new topic. etc

Edited by Glauka

Do you know us all as to speak so general about certain group within the population?

Most of the "bashing" usually comes after the "old, fat, ugly loser" with the "young Thai girl" rants.

I think the fact that so many are judged so quickly as "old, fat and ugly", and therefore "losers", is why many sense a difference with non-Western women.

Do you know us all as to speak so general about certain group within the population?

Most of the "bashing" usually comes after the "old, fat, ugly loser" with the "young Thai girl" rants.

I think the fact that so many are judged so quickly as "old, fat and ugly", and therefore "losers", is why many sense a difference with non-Western women.

yes I don´t like that either...

but have you notice that "old,fat, ugly loser" description has come many times from your male fellows...but we western women are the ones to be bashed...

What´s your point?

I am talking about western woman bashing...bargirls bashing could be new topic. etc

My point was the generalisation, because some people have had a bad experience with one girl so all girls of that type are labelled the same. Some men have had a bad experience with Western women so they generalize that all western women are the same....and so it is with different women from other areas of life, be it race, job hair colour etc.....

And it is not just women either that get generalised but men do as well....

You have raised an interesting point here....can we have a topic about western women bashing but not a BG bashing topic.????.....mmmmmmmmmmm :o

i think the attitude of western men to western women after meeting with asian women change because the asian women are still women and not striving to be men.

let me explain over the past 20 years

1. in my home town the last men only club closed under pressure from women's rights organisations. now they have access they only come into the place in dribs and drabs, the lads have to watch thier p' and q's, the place is nearly empty and faces closure.

2. the golf club, the women now have entry rights to all the comps and get privilage shots and tee off 200 yards in front of the men. now if they want to play and compete then play as we play on an even footing.

3. in the west it is well known how unfair the laws are against the man as far as divorce goes. and i do not see many women standing up and saying how unfair ti is.

4. women in the work place getting promotions just because there seems to be an abundance of men in senior positions. and when the women have position you cannot shout or raise voices as this sets off tears. what good is this in the very emotional world of business, people do get emotional and upset over monitory decisions and they want answers and solutions not tears.

men want to marry a woman not a competitor

women have wanted and got the competative edge now they must learn to live with what they have achieved.

me i love my children and my wife i like to drink with friends come home from a hard days work to a clean house and good food if i was married again to a western woman she would want to work and compete and i would have to clean and cook after my work day, maybe we would have plenty of money, but a sh+t life. i do not want my wife working as i feel it is hard enough to keep the house in order and that in it's self is a full time job.

now why does the western woman want to work and have children and run a house at the same time, beats me

What´s your point?

My point was the generalisation, because some people have had a bad experience with one girl so all girls of that type are labelled the same. Some men have had a bad experience with Western women so they generalize that all western women are the same....and so it is with different women from other areas of life, be it race, job hair colour etc.....

And it is not just women either that get generalised but men do as well....

You have raised an interesting point here....can we have a topic about western women bashing but not a BG bashing topic.????.....mmmmmmmmmmm :o

Yes we can have a topic about anything and bar girl bashing topic could be an interesting one but what i meant is that i rise this new topic to give my opinion about the bashing of western woman after a bad relationship in the past...and also against they way we have brought up...

There are generalization about everything I know that ,but i rise this one because I refers to me as a western woman and also because this kind of generalization affect me more personally than others... :D

I have nothing against western women, my mother was one. :o My first wife (may the earth rest lightly upon her) was a western women. She was born in Cali Colombia and raised in Bogota and Boyaca. A really firey headstrong Colombian women, but a good women none the less. She grew up with maids to cook and clean for her so her domestic skills were to be kind, rudimentary. Her skills in handling of money were noexistent at the time of our marriage. She slowly grew capable over the years, after the burning of much food and our bank account.

My lovely Thai wife speaks softly, doesn't nag, cooks like a first class chef, and saves most of what she earns for our future. What she doesn't save goes into land purchases. Other than skin lotions and a few clothes shes virtually maintainence free.

What she isn't is docile. Shes quiet and reserved, but our home is run to her liking. I'm content to let her captain the ship. I know what our goals are, and I'm very happy with our ideas, and how we're working toward them. The only loud voice of displeasure I hear from her is of my own doing, as I might throw a container of cold water on her while shes taking a warm shower, while yelling songkran. Do not fear, she gets me back. :D

As far as femininity, my wife is twenty five years younger than I and shes hot.

What shes "not" is a good looking lady who in 10 years will look loke a boar hog, overweight, overbearing and with a nasty disposition. I know many will remain as they are today. sweet and fit. Most will sour as they age, making life unbearable for the poor husband whom will have deserved better, but can't stop time or their appettite. Some will end up with a bad husband, and will take it out on future males in their life.

As a large majority of North American women will end up with big bodies, I'm content with my petite and lovely wife.

i think the attitude of western men to western women after meeting with asian women change because the asian women are still women and not striving to be men.

You don´t know me so please avoid the assumption that i am not a woman o.k

1. in my home town the last men only club closed under pressure from women's rights organisations. now they have access they only come into the place in dribs and drabs, the lads have to watch thier p' and q's, the place is nearly empty and faces closure.

2. the golf club, the women now have entry rights to all the comps and get privilage shots and tee off 200 yards in front of the men. now if they want to play and compete then play as we play on an even footing.

I have nothing to do with that...I don´t know which is your home town so don´t blame me for that.,

3. in the west it is well known how unfair the laws are against the man as far as divorce goes. and i do not see many women standing up and saying how unfair ti is.

well divorce laws...well what is come after the divorce depends on the cases or there is a law that says-All woman we´ll get their ex-husband money, car, house and belongins. He will be otherwise miserable, poor and blameless for this outcome.

4. women in the work place getting promotions just because there seems to be an abundance of men in senior positions. and when the women have position you cannot shout or raise voices as this sets off tears. what good is this in the very emotional world of business, people do get emotional and upset over monitory decisions and they want answers and solutions not tears.

Please tell well this occurs because I am clueless

women have wanted and got the competative edge now they must learn to live with what they have achieved.

Me I want to marry to a man not a man who is 30 to....years old and want a mother to look after him.

My ex-boyfriend felt less because all the things i was achiving on my own. I have never try to compete to anyone. This is the way I am I try to fight for the things i like it...like my dancing, university...if that make you feel less is because you have an insecurity problem that you should work out by yourself.

me i love my children and my wife i like to drink with friends come home from a hard days work to a clean house and good food if i was married again to a western woman she would want to work and compete and i would have to clean and cook after my work day, maybe we would have plenty of money, but a sh+t life. i do not want my wife working as i feel it is hard enough to keep the house in order and that in it's self is a full time job.

now why does the western woman want to work and have children and run a house at the same time, beats me

Well when I was studying dancing working and running the house My ex never I mean NEVER offers me to sustain me financially for running the house.

Many men I know expect their girlfriend to work otherwise they think she is lazy because housework is not considered as a job at all if you are child less....

Let me tell you, some men as well as women in the west...expect us to be SUPERWOMEN....caring mothers, thin, femenine , intelligent,liberal....but if you ever reach that your male fellows want you to they feel threaten...well I am not pretend to be a SUPERWOMEN and I don´t compete to anyone...If you feel threaten and less you should check out your self-steem.

Also I want to have a partner...I want to share my problems, my interest, my dreams...I don´t want to be with someone who expect the house clean, the food made and my sexual self ready for when he comes home after meeting his mates...is that make me less woman-like? No is only make less desirable partner under your point of view...

I have nothing against western women, my mother was one. :D My first wife (may the earth rest lightly upon her) was a western women. She was born in Cali Colombia and raised in Bogota and Boyaca. A really firey headstrong Colombian women, but a good women none the less. She grew up with maids to cook and clean for her so her domestic skills were to be kind, rudimentary. Her skills in handling of money were noexistent at the time of our marriage. She slowly grew capable over the years, after the burning of much food and our bank account.

My lovely Thai wife speaks softly, doesn't nag, cooks like a first class chef, and saves most of what she earns for our future. What she doesn't save goes into land purchases. Other than skin lotions and a few clothes shes virtually maintainence free.

What she isn't is docile. Shes quiet and reserved, but our home is run to her liking. I'm content to let her captain the ship. I know what our goals are, and I'm very happy with our ideas, and how we're working toward them. The only loud voice of displeasure I hear from her is of my own doing, as I might throw a container of cold water on her while shes taking a warm shower, while yelling songkran. Do not fear, she gets me back. :D

As far as femininity, my wife is twenty five years younger than I and shes hot.

What shes "not" is a good looking lady who in 10 years will look loke a boar hog, overweight, overbearing and with a nasty disposition. I know many will remain as they are today. sweet and fit. Most will sour as they age, making life unbearable for the poor husband whom will have deserved better, but can't stop time or their appettite. Some will end up with a bad husband, and will take it out on future males in their life.

As a large majority of North American women will end up with big bodies, I'm content with my petite and lovely wife.

fair enough!

You like your wife the way it is and that is what it should be... :D

I am not like her but that doesn´t make less woman or femenine.

No we cant have a topic about BG bashing even if it was started by a BG....because it is against the rules......you see the double edged sword that is now created

I like Opothai's reply.... :D

But gburns who has made the this rule...western women?

you see the double edged sword that is now created :o:D

Edited by Glauka

I agree with opothai

Glauka I dont see many TV males bashing western women posts The only time I here about it is when a TV lady gets on her high horse and starts to whine

Maybe it is just that time of month ?? :o

Well when I was studying dancing working and running the house My ex never I mean NEVER offers me to sustain me financially for running the house. you met the wrong man

Many men I know expect their girlfriend to work otherwise they think she is lazy because housework is not considered as a job at all if you are child less....as i said before running a household properly is in my opinion a full time job

Let me tell you, some men as well as women in the west...expect us to be SUPERWOMEN....caring mothers, thin, femenine , intelligent,liberal..

correct... but be realistic..

but if you ever reach that your male fellows want you to they feel threaten..

threatened by what

.well I am not pretend to be a SUPERWOMEN and I don´t compete to anyone..good idea be yourself at all times.

If you feel threaten and less you should check out your self-steem. again threatened by what

Also I want to have a partner...I want to share my problems, my interest, my dreams..that is what marriage is about and don't settle for anything less.

I don´t want to be with someone who expect the house clean, the food made and my sexual self ready for when he comes home after meeting his mates..why not

.is that make me less woman-like? No is only make less desirable partner under your point of view...now your getting personal and not constructive

Glauka

as for the rest of my previous post you tend to take it too personally, obviously you are not to blame for some of the shortcomings of the western woman, as i am not to blame for the shortcomings of some western men. we are just exchanging and trying to understand different attitudes as you mentioned in your original post.

Glauka, it's best not to take any of it personally. There are men on this site who bash western women, and there are also men on this site who bash Thai women. There are also women on this site who bash men. It's all generalisations, and when the generalisations become misogynistic or misandristic it's best just to ignore the perpetrator. But everyone is entitled to their preferences, and different men appreciate different qualities and attitudes in females, there's no problem with that. Why care about the opinion of somebody who would condemn you and write you off just on the basis of your nationality, without even getting to know what you have to offer?

Well when I was studying dancing working and running the house My ex never I mean NEVER offers me to sustain me financially for running the house. you met the wrong man

Many men I know expect their girlfriend to work otherwise they think she is lazy because housework is not considered as a job at all if you are child less....as i said before running a household properly is in my opinion a full time job

Let me tell you, some men as well as women in the west...expect us to be SUPERWOMEN....caring mothers, thin, femenine , intelligent,liberal..

correct... but be realistic..

but if you ever reach that your male fellows want you to they feel threaten..

threatened by what

.well I am not pretend to be a SUPERWOMEN and I don´t compete to anyone..good idea be yourself at all times.

If you feel threaten and less you should check out your self-steem. again threatened by what

Also I want to have a partner...I want to share my problems, my interest, my dreams..that is what marriage is about and don't settle for anything less.

I don´t want to be with someone who expect the house clean, the food made and my sexual self ready for when he comes home after meeting his mates..why not

.is that make me less woman-like? No is only make less desirable partner under your point of view...now your getting personal and not constructive

Glauka

as for the rest of my previous post you tend to take it too personally, obviously you are not to blame for some of the shortcomings of the western woman, as i am not to blame for the shortcomings of some western men. we are just exchanging and trying to understand different attitudes as you mentioned in your original post.

Oh no opathai I think you misunderstood me...i don´t take it personal as you bashing me-Glauka. I am taking personanlly as a western woman...

when I said "is that make me less woman-like? No is only make less desirable partner under your point of view" I meant well. I want it to say that maybe under your view I am not the woman you are looking for because you look other characteristics in woman. No every men has to like me as a woman. Every people has their own idea about their perfect partner.

And yes that is what we doing...exchanging point of views and i like it. :o

Glauka, it's best not to take any of it personally. There are men on this site who bash western women, and there are also men on this site who bash Thai women. There are also women on this site who bash men. It's all generalisations, and when the generalisations become misogynistic or misandristic it's best just to ignore the perpetrator. But everyone is entitled to their preferences, and different men appreciate different qualities and attitudes in females, there's no problem with that. Why care about the opinion of somebody who would condemn you and write you off just on the basis of your nationality, without even getting to know what you have to offer?

I agree...but when I rise this topic I just wanted to put my opinion of such matter and try to understand why this bashing happen...

Also i wanted to bring out the point that generalizations are not so good in many cases.

Good post Eddie...

Again I take it personal but in the good side...if you know what i mean. I think that there are many intelligent members in this forum as to have a nice discussion. That´s all. :D

I´ve forgotten the word only

I don´t want to be with someone who only expect me the house clean, the food made and my sexual self ready for when he comes home after meeting his mates..why not

Because maybe at some point i would like to do something different...so i think options should be open for both of us.

Glauka, why do you care so much?

There are millions upon millions of farang-farang couples & sucessful marraiges & only a small percentage of farang man-thai women relationships. Of this small percent most do not hate farang women, so when they (farang women haters) speak as a majority on this website, in fact, they are only a minority & a very very small one in the scheme of things.

I don't care about their opinion or reasons for not liking farang women but will try to keep any hateful posts off this forum. (as do the other mods & admin) as we women have the right to not be abused for being women or from the west. (Is called racism & sexual hatred)

By starting topics like this, you give them a platform to express their opinion & I really don't need the extra work. :o

Again I take it personal but in the good side...if you know what i mean. I think that there are many intelligent members in this forum as to have a nice discussion. That´s all. :D

Pity we can't have this discussion in the office so you could get us all a cup of coffee while we wrap things up :o

Glauka

Having read your posts, I have one question...........

Will you marry me?

(PS. Don't tell the Missus I asked :D )

Thank you but not...

I will not marry to a married man... :D

but i feel flattered nonetheless :D

Glauka, why do you care so much?

There are millions upon millions of farang-farang couples & sucessful marraiges & only a small percentage of farang man-thai women relationships. Of this small percent most do not hate farang women, so when they (farang women haters) speak as a majority on this website, in fact, they are only a minority & a very very small one in the scheme of things.

I don't care about their opinion or reasons for not liking farang women but will try to keep any hateful posts off this forum. (as do the other mods & admin) as we women have the right to not be abused for being women or from the west. (Is called racism & sexual hatred)

By starting topics like this, you give them a platform to express their opinion & I really don't need the extra work. :D

Maybe you are right...but I think farang women haters is not a good thing so if having this kind of debates we all can learn something is good and maybe we will have less farang women haters in the future...(if there is not bashing and insulting going on of course)

Maybe i can at least understand why they think like that...

maybe not... :o

Edited by Glauka

I don't think you will change their mind but up to you.

FYI everyone, keep it civilised. I have zero tolerance for this kind of thing any more (3 years & the same old crap! )

:D crap?!

Pity we can't have this discussion in the office so you could get us all a cup of coffee while we wrap things up :D

what about a beer.. :o:D

I have been reading TV for a while but I just signed up not to long ago. The one thing that is needed to read this is a thick skin. You can't take it to personal. If some of the things said in this forum hit to close to home then no one has to keep reading. Just turn it off. :o

I don't think you will change their mind but up to you.

FYI everyone, keep it civilised. I have zero tolerance for this kind of thing any more (3 years & the same old crap! )

:D crap?!

Pity we can't have this discussion in the office so you could get us all a cup of coffee while we wrap things up :D

what about a beer.. :o:D

You start to make more and more sense :D

.............snip / for brevity ............ One of the posters refers to one of my comments as to be a Feminist police... ¿Lesbian Brigade.....? I'd love to hear some of your stories :P

you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature....
¡QUOTE OF THE WEEK Candidate #1 !

¡QUOTE OF THE WEEK Candidate #2 !

I have nothing to do with that...I don´t know which is your home town so don´t blame me for that.,

well divorce laws...well what is come after the divorce depends on the cases or there is a law that says-All woman we´ll get their ex-husband money, car, house and belongins. He will be otherwise miserable, poor and blameless for this outcome.

4. women in the work place getting promotions just because there seems to be an abundance of men in senior positions. and when the women have position you cannot shout or raise voices as this sets off tears. what good is this in the very emotional world of business, peopl

.............snip / for brevity ............ One of the posters refers to one of my comments as to be a Feminist police... ¿Lesbian Brigade.....? I'd love to hear some of your stories :D

you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature ¡QUOTE OF THE WEEK Candidate #1 !

i think the attitude of western men to western women after meeting with asian women change because the asian women are still women and not striving to be men color=#CC33CC] ¡QUOTE OF THE WEEK Candidate #2 ![/color]

i think the attitude of western men to western women after meeting with asian women change because the asian women are still women and not striving to be men

2. the golf club, the women now have entry rights to all the comps and get privilage shots and tee off 200 yards in front of the men. now if they want to play and compete then play as we play on an even footing

4. women in the work place getting promotions just because there seems to be an abundance of men in senior positions. and when the women have position you cannot shout or raise voices as this sets off tears. what good is this in the very emotional world of business, peopl

Ok kayo i don´t know what do you mean again with this quote of the week candidate thing.... :D:o are you making fun again ...

Edited by Glauka

Thank you but not...

I will not marry to a married man... :D

but i feel flattered nonetheless :o

I will cancel the caterers then :D It's a shame, as I like a lady who wears a blue scarf with such panache :D.....you also bear a remarkable resemblance.........to me :D

but I think farang women haters is not a good thing so if having this kind of debates we all can learn something is good and maybe we will have less farang women haters in the future...(if there is not bashing and insulting going on of course)

Maybe i can at least understand why they think like that...

maybe not...

At the risk of being patronising (my dear :D :D ) I see that you have been on TV for nearly a year - I have been here for less than a month........IMO you are being hopeful with your wishes! :D:D

I will put you down as being an eternal optimist - no bad thing of course.

I can't even read this, its a mess.

when you use quotes, make sure there's no blank lines adjoining the "

" and "
"

for example, (mis-spelling is intentional for display purposes)

blah blah blah

[/qoutee]

should be,

blah blah blah

[/quotee]

cv

============================================================

.............snip / for brevity ............ One of the posters refers to one of my comments as to be a Feminist police... ¿Lesbian Brigade.....? I'd love to hear some of your stories :o

you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature....
¡QUOTE OF THE WEEK Candidate #1 !

¡QUOTE OF THE WEEK Candidate #2 !

Exactly - couldn't have put it better myself!

Glauka honey don't take these things personally. The vast majority of guys married to Thai women got married to them because they fell in love with them - not because they were a certain type of women.

Yep there is a minority of guys who think that Thai women are a certain way and probably actively sought a Thai women to marry for that reason. I personally think they have under estimated Thai women who from my experiance are a lot more savvy than they let their men think.

Anyway don't stress about it - just be thankful that you didn't get landed with the minority looking for a 1950's housewife! :o

A women is a women - regardless of how YOU think she should behave!!!

I think the last think women are striving to be are men - we realised long ago we can do things just as well ourselves. Just because she has the audacity to have a good job, have a house , a car, holidays and shock gasp horror want to/has children don't mean she wants to be a man! I personally can't think of anything worse!! :D