Kidnappers Target Gay Commuity In Thailand

donshows

It has been happening for over a year, gay men from Western countries are set up, kidnapped and robbed of hundreds of thousands of Bhat. Men from the USA, England, German, Australia and many other countries are contacted by a gang of 3 or more.

The pattern is always the same. Mature men are contacted through several of the online websites and a meeting is schedule in a public place and then you are taken to an apartment that turns out to be a hotel and a second man is there with a gun and knife. You are then held and forced to give up your PIN to access your credit card and ATM accounts.

Every abduction is very similar with the same results..money gone and you are told not to contact the police because the kidnappers have placed illegal drugs in your home or hotel room and they will notify the Thai Police.

You are terrified and don’t know what to do.

This happened to me a month ago and I’m still dealing with the terror that I went through but I’m also working with the US Embassy and the Thai Police. I have decided to fight these men and try to stop them from hurting and robbing others. I have found out that at least 10 other men have gone through this, as late as February and my kidnapping in March. This kidnapper has now contacted a friend of mine, it is a small world, and we have now informed the US Embassy and will contact the Thai Police regarding this.

The kidnapper is a 26 year old man who is half Thai and Indian, 183cm tall and nice looking. He was arrested last year for the same crime but has been released and is now back at it again. He works with another man who will just show up and act as if he is a good friend. But soon the gun and knife come out and you are stripped naked and handcuffed. Threats are made and a knife is put to your neck and you give your PIN up very easily.

Once they have all the money they can get out of your accounts, you are released and sent on your way with a final warning not to contact police or you will regret it.

For those who have accounts outside of Thailand, you will most likely get your money back. BUT if you have money in any Thai bank, your money is gone. The people at Bangkok Bank told me I shouldn’t have given out my PIN. The only way to get my money back is for the Thai Police to get the thieves and have them return my money.

I’m attaching a photo of the man who kidnapped me. The kidnapper sent his photo to my friend who is talking with him now. So please be on the lookout for him. He will trap you…he is very good at this. If you know of anyone who has had the same experience, please let me know..I’d like to get his information and pass it on to the US Embassy. Names are not necessary, are just trying to get a list of times and date when these kidnapping are taking place so IF these men are caught, we have more information for the police.

Please pass this on to anyone you think should know about this.

Thank for your help.

The photo has been removed. Thanks, daveb1, for alerting us, but none of the mods caught it until now. It would have been even better to hit the check box in the upper right hand corner of the offending post, which would alert all the moderators.

Agreed, it could be a hoax. The advice in the original post, however, is very helpful.

Our straight friends know that the same thing could happen to them.

When meeting a stranger for the first time (if you think you'll have sex), it is always best to meet in a public place and then proceed to YOUR private room, where your valuables go into a safe. And never add another stranger to the group.

Good advice PB.

It's amazing how one part of our body can cause us so much pain and suffering. If we think with our genitals we often become so irrational and do things we wouldnt normally do. I wonder if the older we get the more irrational we become with regards to cute guys and sex?

Hi...Sorry if you think that this is a hoax..but it happened to me and many other men. I attached the photo of the man that I KNOW KIDNAPPED me and other men...so I am sure that this is one of the 2 men that held me for 14 hours on March 13 and 14th.

If you'd like to talk with me about this...please feel free to do so. I have an appointment tomorrow with the Thai Police and the US Embassy regarding this.

Thanks,

DON

Good advice PB.

It's amazing how one part of our body can cause us so much pain and suffering. If we think with our genitals we often become so irrational and do things we wouldnt normally do. I wonder if the older we get the more irrational we become with regards to cute guys and sex?

Guest endure
Hi...Sorry if you think that this is a hoax..but it happened to me and many other men. I attached the photo of the man that I KNOW KIDNAPPED me and other men...so I am sure that this is one of the 2 men that held me for 14 hours on March 13 and 14th.

Can you give us some more detail of what happened to you? Which boards are you talking about?

Edited by endure

The photo has been removed. Thanks, daveb1, for alerting us, but none of the mods caught it until now. It would have been even better to hit the check box in the upper right hand corner of the offending post, which would alert all the moderators.

Agreed, it could be a hoax. The advice in the original post, however, is very helpful.

Our straight friends know that the same thing could happen to them.

When meeting a stranger for the first time (if you think you'll have sex), it is always best to meet in a public place and then proceed to YOUR private room, where your valuables go into a safe. And never add another stranger to the group.

FYI .... NOT A HOAX

It has been happening for over a year, gay men from Western countries are set up, kidnapped and robbed of hundreds of thousands of Bhat. Men from the USA, England, German, Australia and many other countries are contacted by a gang of 3 or more.

The pattern is always the same. Mature men are contacted through several of the online websites and a meeting is schedule in a public place and then you are taken to an apartment that turns out to be a hotel and a second man is there with a gun and knife. You are then held and forced to give up your PIN to access your credit card and ATM accounts.

Every abduction is very similar with the same results..money gone and you are told not to contact the police because the kidnappers have placed illegal drugs in your home or hotel room and they will notify the Thai Police.

This happened to me a month ago and I’m still dealing with the terror that I went through but I’m also working with the US Embassy and the Thai Police. I have decided to fight these men and try to stop them from hurting and robbing others. I have found out that at least 10 other men have gone through this, as late as February and my kidnapping in March. This kidnapper has now contacted a friend of mine, it is a small world, and we have now informed the US Embassy and will contact the Thai Police regarding this.

The kidnapper is a 26 year old man who is half Thai and Indian, 183cm tall and nice looking. He was arrested last year for the same crime but has been released and is now back at it again. He works with another man who will just show up and act as if he is a good friend. But soon the gun and knife come out and you are stripped naked and handcuffed. Threats are made and a knife is put to your neck and you give your PIN up very easily.

Once they have all the money they can get out of your accounts, you are released and sent on your way with a final warning not to contact police or you will regret it.

For those who have accounts outside of Thailand, you will most likely get your money back. BUT if you have money in any Thai bank, your money is gone. The people at Bangkok Bank told me I shouldn’t have given out my PIN. The only way to get my money back is for the Thai Police to get the thieves and have them return my money.

I’m attaching a photo of the man who kidnapped me. The kidnapper sent his photo to my friend who is talking with him now. So please be on the lookout for him. He will trap you…he is very good at this. If you know of anyone who has had the same experience, please let me know..I’d like to get his information and pass it on to the US Embassy. Names are not necessary, are just trying to get a list of times and date when these kidnapping are taking place so IF these men are caught, we have more information for the police.

Thank for your help.

I have a friend who is worried that he may be in touch with this person via the internet....the person with whom he is in contact is half-Indian, half-Thai, claims to work for IBM and live in Soi 71....could it be the same one??

On ThaiVisa, we seldom permit people to directly name people as sex criminals, without substantiation. The Thai police can circulate the photo on their official website, if they wish.

The website that I was contacted on..and this man contacted me..I didn't contact him..was on SilverDaddies. My friend has been contacted by him on MyGayDar. He has a profile on both and they are current. It appears that he is setting men up in Pattaya also. I have a meeting with the Thai Police and a member of the US Embassy security staff tomorrow. I've also contact the UK Embassy to get them involved. A man from Sydney Australia has sent a report to his embassy here in BKK about his kidnapping and we hope to get them on this also.

This alleged kidnapper must be a bit stupid if he is using his own picture to attract guys via the internet, meeting them for real and then cleaning out their bank accounts using violent methods. He must be a bit of a dumb ass to think he couldnt be traced.

Let's hope he is brought to justice before he gets desperate or someone puts up a fight and gets hurt.

I don't know if I know OP or not, but I do personally know one of the victims of this scam- this scam IS going on, and IS as described (Indian or half-Indian perpetrators)- and the criminal arrested has been let out of jail.

Use common sense. Don't go home with someone you've just met. Meet in a public place, not an apartment building- if you're a tourist and you're going to go to bed with a stranger on short notice, make them leave their id with the desk clerk.

Gaydar is the site where my friend who was a victim met this criminal.

Be careful, folks.

"Steven"

OP is circulating his story through email among my group of friends. I have seen the pictures he mentions, and my friend who was victimised previously confirms it is the same guy. The pictures were also printed in the Thai news when the guy was initially arrested. My friend speculates that the guy simply pays the police off to release him (he should have been in jail for years, or deported).

Gaydar has apparently been alerted about the guy, but they don't care.

If anyone would like to see the photos (for entertainment purposes only, of course) please PM me with an email address- may take me a day or two to reply; I'm a little busy just now!

"Steven"

OP is circulating his story through email among my group of friends. I have seen the pictures he mentions, and my friend who was victimised previously confirms it is the same guy. The pictures were also printed in the Thai news when the guy was initially arrested. My friend speculates that the guy simply pays the police off to release him (he should have been in jail for years, or deported).

If anyone would like to see the photos (for entertainment purposes only, of course) please PM me with an email address- may take me a day or two to reply; I'm a little busy just now!

"Steven"

Question : why use a website? Why not simply go to Sala daeng? Ashamed to be gay? MArried?

Question, I am a member of gay.com, and there is always a describption of what you should not do when you got date. Maybe the same should be past and cut here.

Last point, people will feel hurt, but ... when I met someone, I prefer in my apartment, and someone have to give ID to the guard, and the guard have to get my approval before to give it back. IF there is no approval from me (I am not with the person, or I do not answer phone) the guard have to call the police.

Ooooooooooops forgot, at least you got bondage and kinky party, that is not that bad, it is not?

On the other hand, I fel sory and pity for you guy. You had the right rection, just be prudent next time.

Sting everyone makes mistakes when dating. Some are unfortuante enough to make a mistake with a low life like this guy.There's no need to be quite so harsh with your words.

to answer some of your points.

Not everyone lives in places with security such as yours, I don't.

Why use a website? Why not? I think I read that some of the attacks happened in Pattaya so not much use shouting about it in Sala Daeng. And What do you want the victims to do? These people have had a traumatic experience. They were threatened not to speak about it, many I assume took that seriously. Many victims of crime dont come forward and report it.

As for your comment about bondage, well that was cheap and nasty and I hope there isn't a time in the future when you need the help of others, let alone members the gay community, to come to your aid. There will probably come a time when you live to regret making such a comment.

Edited by DUMPSTER

Sting01, I assume your remarks were not directed at IJWT, since he often meets me in the Sala Deng area, including this evening..... :o

But aside from Sting's overly agressive/negative stance toward the victims, Sting has a point, as does everyone else who's commented so far on this thread.

Use common sense; be careful. However, you don't have to make such huge mistakes, as the victims have made who are mentioned as third parties. I've been reasonably careful or just lucky so far. The same goes for STD's, which can be far more fatal.

Take care.

Sting everyone makes mistakes when dating. Some are unfortuante enough to make a mistake with a low life like this guy.There's no need to be quite so harsh with your words.

to answer some of your points.

Not everyone lives in places with security such as yours, I don't.

Why use a website? Why not? I think I read that some of the attacks happened in Pattaya so not much use shouting about it in Sala Daeng. And What do you want the victims to do? These people have had a traumatic experience. They were threatened not to speak about it, many I assume took that seriously. Many victims of crime dont come forward and report it.

As for your comment about bondage, well that was cheap and nasty and I hope there isn't a time in the future when you need the help of others, let alone members the gay community, to come to your aid. There will probably come a time when you live to regret making such a comment.

Well, I do not see in what my comment/post was directed against or in favour of any sexual community. Did I said something related to the sexual orientation of a poster, tried to laught at someone because this or that?

Same can be said about the horny str8 guy who date without thinking of what happend!!!!!! My place is secure as any other condo I witnessed, even those at 2 000 bht a month in saphan mai, but when I get a visit by a thai 'friend', I try to avoid me problem, so I ask him to give the ID to the guard.

Comment about bondage? Well I have a kathoey friend who do it , she ask for 20 K a night. If the OP went safe and wasted araound the same amount, better for him to think like I suggested, and it avoid simply to turn crazed. I know it sound nasty, but better to have a laught on it, check the police, and alert other of the potential p[roblem. The OP was bold enought to do the last 2, I just given a smal advice on the first. HE IS ALIVE, and that is the most important, it is not.

i'm sure the Op, in hindsight, would do things differently. As i say, we all make mistakes, even you sting, and that is how we learn. Some have to pay a higher penalty, than others, to learn their lessons of life. You can be the safest driver on the road but it doesnt mean your not going to have an accident. And when you have that accident, I hope someone isn't laughing at you.

Guest endure

Can we have a bit more info about this con? I realise that various upstanding members of the forum have vouched for its authenticity but we're a bit short on fine details. Anyone?

Taken from the OP.

Mature men are contacted through several of the online websites and a meeting is schedule in a public place and then you are taken to an apartment that turns out to be a hotel and a second man is there with a gun and knife. The man will just show up and act as if he is a good friend. But soon the gun and knife come out and you are stripped naked and handcuffed. Threats are made and a knife is put to your neck and you give your PIN up very easily. You are then held and forced to give up your PIN to access your credit card and ATM accounts. You are told not to contact the police because the kidnappers have placed illegal drugs in your home or hotel room and they will notify the Thai Police.

How fine are we talking?

Edited by DUMPSTER

• 4 weeks later...

I want to follow up on this. Last week I had a call from the Thai Police and was asked to come to the police station to ID the men who kidnapped me. I was able to ID them and as of a few days ago..they are still in jail. It is believed that they kidnapped about 50 men over the last few years and their apartment was searched and many passports of other vicitims were found there. They have robbed most of us for about 300,000 bht each and one man has paid them over 4 million bht.

If you also see the current issue of Thai Puan, there is an article about my kidnapping and a photo of one of the men who kidnapped me.

I hope that we can keep these terrible men in jail along time and they will suffer like they made me and so many others.

Thank for your help.

I'm glad they've caught the guys (again, and again :o ) but they (Thai police) need to feel some sort of pressure to keep them in jail no matter how much money they have squirrelled away, and possibly make reparations to the guys they robbed if they have any known bank accounts.

I'd say you should contact your embassy in Thailand and/or your state department at home, show them copies of your police records, the relevant news articles, etc., and let them know the police have let these guys free to victimise foreign tourists before. It also wouldn't hurt to let the foreign media know about this scam and the poor record of the Thai police in dealing with it. With luck, they'll have a long, long stay in a nice room courtesy of the Thai government. And good riddance to bad garbage.

"Steven"

Edited by Ijustwannateach

"Steven"

I really doubt this. Gaydar has grown to be a major international business and has a lot to lose if they ignored this situation. If the facts are so clear-cut and evidenced by the police, it's inconceivable that Gaydar would just shrug and leave the profile online. I don't have access to the relevant full info but I would urge anyone who does to relay it to Gaydar admin.

No need to get paranoid but, as others have said, we should be sensible about how we meet anyone whether first contact is through an online dating/chat site or any other way. This reminds me of the warnings I remember seeing in Lonely Planet, Rough Guide etc about politely declining offers of sweets/drinks etc from fellow passengers on long-haul bus trips........... bring your own.

And, lest we forget, a knife to the throat is far from being the only way of being parted from one's cash.......... :o Being controlled only by the heart or another organ south of it without a measure of cool-head common sense is nearly always a recipe for disappointment at some stage. That said, I feel for anyone who falls victim to anything like the OP describes.

Well, I'll ask him again, but that was what one of the guys who got robbed told me about Gaydar the last time I spoke with him about it.

Maybe the Disney syndrome? As long as things stay hushed up, it's easier than fixing a tricky problem like ride safety or petty crime in the park?

"Steven"

Hi Steve: I went to the US Embassy first...and have stayed in contact with them. The last man kidnapped is Danish and is in contact with his embassy also. We are contacting a Thai lawyer and will try to get at their money to stop them from using it to get out of jail.....DON

I want to follow up on this. Last week I had a call from the Thai Police and was asked to come to the police station to ID the men who kidnapped me. I was able to ID them and as of a few days ago..they are still in jail. It is believed that they kidnapped about 50 men over the last few years and their apartment was searched and many passports of other vicitims were found there. They have robbed most of us for about 300,000 bht each and one man has paid them over 4 million bht.

If you also see the current issue of Thai Puan, there is an article about my kidnapping and a photo of one of the men who kidnapped me.

I hope that we can keep these terrible men in jail along time and they will suffer like they made me and so many others.

Thank for your help.