Accomodation Near New Airport

coconutty

hi, sorry if this was asked before. i couldn't find the answer on the search.

we will be arriving late and leaving the following morning on domestic flight, so need a place close to the airport for the night, but not one of those expensive luxury hotels that usually lurk near airports. is there anything cheap closeby?

thanks,

coco

The Louis Tavern Dayrooms are now open inside the airport on Concourse G, with prices set at 2,000 Baht per 4 hours. They seem to normally be full though so you shouldn't depend on being able to get a room being last I heard they aren't taking reservations yet due to a delay in getting their phone system installed.

The Louis Tavern Dayrooms are now open inside the airport on Concourse G, with prices set at 2,000 Baht per 4 hours. They seem to normally be full though so you shouldn't depend on being able to get a room being last I heard they aren't taking reservations yet due to a delay in getting their phone system installed.

Novotel is only airport hotel as yet 7-9000 baht per night after Oct, so any hotel around area try asia rooms and taxi in out.

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/...rport-area.html

boxer, how do i find cheaper place for my thai partner and i??? we dont need all the facilties, only bathroom/shower and clean place to sleep for a night... has to be by the airport next day picking up daughter... boyfriend says 1000 baht is too expensive (he's thai and we are poor, not cheapcharlies :o ) any ideas

can we just show up w/o reservations for the Avana??? it still may be cheaper than taxi to friend's house somewhere in bangkok we havent a clue where.!

I live near the airport and the area is not exactly flush with hotels.

Apart from the newbie expensive Nootel airport hotel, the closest that i can think of is the Novotel on Srinakarin Rd but still not very cheap (but only 30 mins in a taxi). The avana in Bangna http://www.ehotelbooking.com/thailand/bangkok/avana/ also isn't cheap. Catch 22 isn't it, expensive hotel near airport or cheapo place in town but have to pay double taxi and tolls.

Consider also:

1. Grand Inn Come Hotel, Kingkaew Road, Rachataeva, Bangplee, Samut Prakarn 10540 about Baht 1000 and about 20 mins or 200 baht in a taxi.

2. P.P. Hotel P.P. Hotel, Teparak Road, Km. 3, bout 600 to 100 baht, but its a good distance through Bangna and the traffic will be rubbish, so i wouldn't consider this one.

If i was going for cheap and easy i'd go to the Grand Inn Come Hotel.

I live near the airport and the area is not exactly flush with hotels.

Apart from the newbie expensive Nootel airport hotel, the closest that i can think of is the Novotel on Srinakarin Rd but still not very cheap (but only 30 mins in a taxi). The avana in Bangna http://www.ehotelbooking.com/thailand/bangkok/avana/ also isn't cheap. Catch 22 isn't it, expensive hotel near airport or cheapo place in town but have to pay double taxi and tolls.

Consider also:

1. Grand Inn Come Hotel, Kingkaew Road, Rachataeva, Bangplee, Samut Prakarn 10540 about Baht 1000 and about 20 mins or 200 baht in a taxi.

2. P.P. Hotel P.P. Hotel, Teparak Road, Km. 3, bout 600 to 100 baht, but its a good distance through Bangna and the traffic will be rubbish, so i wouldn't consider this one.

If i was going for cheap and easy i'd go to the Grand Inn Come Hotel.

Agree with above but under 1000 a night in Bkk is hard to find online to book. If bf friend house is in Bkk find out where and even 400 baht each way might be better than hotel? Try a search online by price in asia hotels site.

thanx,

i think that in thai fashion, its being left to the last minute and then there will be a zillion telephone calls, etc... we are arriving at 13:30, and daughter is arriving at 4:00 so we might just nod out on chairs... is that possible??? neither of us has a problem sleeping on floors etc - dont ask- and if there is food etc, then we can wink out and wait for her there... jsut know that looking for the friend somewher in bangkok will use up most of our time and we will have to start back to airport again... my boyfriend and i are like heidi and dorothy in the big city NOT!....or maybe jus tthe hotel and thats that? and then, is there taxis at 4:00 in morning?

thanx,

i think that in thai fashion, its being left to the last minute and then there will be a zillion telephone calls, etc... we are arriving at 13:30, and daughter is arriving at 4:00 so we might just nod out on chairs... is that possible??? neither of us has a problem sleeping on floors etc - dont ask- and if there is food etc, then we can wink out and wait for her there... jsut know that looking for the friend somewher in bangkok will use up most of our time and we will have to start back to airport again... my boyfriend and i are like heidi and dorothy in the big city NOT!....or maybe jus tthe hotel and thats that? and then, is there taxis at 4:00 in morning?

Not many chairs anywhere so floor it will be. Food on Level 3. Taxis 24 hrs no problem. Have a walk round the gardens at one end of Terminal nice area to rest if not raining, go up to Observation area to see the sights. Not much else to do.

by reading the lonelyplanet thorn tree it sounds like there is only one guesthouse anywhere near the airport

http://www.bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

5 km from the airport in Bangpli. 300 Baht a night for a room with A/C. 400 Baht a night for a "superior" room with A/C.

Maybe all the residents near the airport who are complaining about the airport noise should convert there homes into guesthouses. Seems there's currently a big shortage of rooms around the airport. Might be a good opportunity for some.

Maybe all the residents near the airport who are complaining about the airport noise should convert there homes into guesthouses. Seems there's currently a big shortage of rooms around the airport. Might be a good opportunity for some.

i agree sounds like an industry waiting to happen maybe a good thing for the locals

i agree sounds like an industry waiting to happen maybe a good thing for the locals

Just talking to the wife about it yesterday and from her thai perspective she reckons it will happen, somewhere. The area is just crying out for a Malaysia Hotel / Khao San Rd type backpacker ghetto.

There is a hotel a few streets from the Industrial Estate

It is built from containers.

I checked it out because I live nearby and it is only like 400 thb

but very clean....I advise you seriously to go there it is definitly

not a bug infested place or something

Next year I have some 8 people coming to stay with me and

I am thinking about letting some of them sleeping there

J

hi, sorry if this was asked before. i couldn't find the answer on the search.

we will be arriving late and leaving the following morning on domestic flight, so need a place close to the airport for the night, but not one of those expensive luxury hotels that usually lurk near airports. is there anything cheap closeby?

thanks,

coco

Someone want to give these folks a call and ask about prices? It looks to be about the closes to the airport, just on the west side, and from the www site, looks to be more of a "hotel" than a "guest house."

http://www.inncomehotel.com/index_En.htm

Low rise building with 143 luxurious superior and suites rooms designed for maximum comfort and tastefully decorated.

All rooms are equipped with IDD Telephone system, satellite T.V. UTV, In-House Video movie, fully stock mini bar & refrigerator, electronic controlled panal, wall to wall carpeting, themostatically controlled air conditioning and 24 hours room service

Grand Inncome Hotel

Address 99 Moo 6, Kingkaew Rd., Rajatheva, Bangplee, samutprakarn 10540 THAILAND

Tel (662) 738-8191-9

Fax (662) 7388188

Email [email protected]

Web Site http://www.inncomehotel.com

Mac

BIG WARNING

bang plee is NOT near the airpt at all its near the OTHER side of the airport, just like Sapan Mai used to be back side of D Mang

the guesthse may cost just 3/400, but a taxi will NOT know the way and likely cost as much!

My advice would be to go to ramKamHaeng/Bangkapi area, there are at least some 20 hotels/Thai style there, swallow the heap, it will cost you like 100/150 THB taxifare Both ways anyway on top of the room! but it may take just 10/15 mins, as most askers about this want an early flight out next day

While I now sit in kris Flyer's Seoul/Incheon airport liunge, this airport really has something to teach the thai how to work it, excellent! near to Singy's Changi niveau!

Regarding Asanee's BIG WARNING

bang plee is NOT near the airpt at all its near the OTHER side of the airport, just like Sapan Mai used to be back side of D Mang

the guesthse may cost just 3/400, but a taxi will NOT know the way and likely cost as much!

My advice would be to go to ramKamHaeng/Bangkapi area, there are at least some 20 hotels/Thai style there, swallow the heap, it will cost you like 100/150 THB taxifare Both ways anyway on top of the room! but it may take just 10/15 mins, as most askers about this want an early flight out next day

While I now sit in kris Flyer's Seoul/Incheon airport liunge, this airport really has something to teach the thai how to work it, excellent! near to Singy's Changi niveau!

Actually Bangplee IS near the airport as the airport is in Bangplee district. The airport is in Nongprue suburb of Bang Phli, Samutprakarn, 10540. I think what Khun Asanee is warning is that Bangplee itself is at the rear side of the airport, however it takes only about 20 minutes to drive from Bangplee along the excellent new highway that runs parallel to the runways to the terminal front entrance. The taxi fare would be whatever it takes for 20 minutes (and no tollways). The taxi driver would have to be a right donut not to be able to follow all the blue signs to the airport. RamKamHaeng/Bangkapi area however may well be a better alternative for selection of accomm.

Regarding Asanee's BIG WARNING

Actually Bangplee IS near the airport as the airport is in Bangplee district. The airport is in Nongprue suburb of Bang Phli, Samutprakarn, 10540. I think what Khun Asanee is warning is that Bangplee itself is at the rear side of the airport, however it takes only about 20 minutes to drive from Bangplee along the excellent new highway that runs parallel to the runways to the terminal front entrance. The taxi fare would be whatever it takes for 20 minutes (and no tollways). The taxi driver would have to be a right donut not to be able to follow all the blue signs to the airport. RamKamHaeng/Bangkapi area however may well be a better alternative for selection of accomm.

Is it Novotel Bangna is this area?How far is this hotel to airport and to dowtown sathor area (suam lung night bazar)

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted some info on the Thorn Tree about this, thought I would throw it up here too.

Hi #71 Billp, thank you for the info on the Bangpli GH, Sananwan Palace GH. I have some news for you about it.

First problem reported was the 5km from the airport. Getting there was an absolute nuisance for friends of mine who tried it out, like #150. For those NOT familiar with getting around Thailand, my conclusion is that it will be MORE trouble than it's worth, but if you are comfortable navigating Thailand and dealing with cabbies who are guaranteed to try and get as much baht as they can from you but you are firm with them about prices, then it could be good, actually. Make sure they use meters!!!

Chances are its a bit further than 20 minutes and 5 km. I don't understand how that is possible when my friends also suffered along with #150 Craig Schuler through a 1.5 hour ride to the place. I see their site has now added a "20 minute ride" from the new airport to its list. Their return early morning trip took 1/2 hour with no traffic.

In terms of the place itself, it sounded like nothing wrong with the place for its price, but my friends encountered some serious road construction on the way there. Something is not right with this picture here. It may have been the cabbies trying to do them, but I have a feeling, based on #150's review, that it just doesn't seem to be as close as they say.

So if you're going to go for it make sure you do come prepared with the maps, and DO be aggressive with the cabbies in making sure they know where you're going. I see that the GH has reacted--they've now added 500B transfer service and public transport information to their site along with so many mobile numbers, which in conjunction with the room price isn't so bad, still cheaper than the next best option I've been able to locate (the Grand Inn Come--$30 USD).

At Sananwan, I would expect a local, cheap place with probably a lot of local character, and some friendly family hosts as you can see they've updated their site with the knowledge that they're sitting on a good opportunity to capture business.

My two cents.

-------------------------

http://www.xanga.com/mleung

....but if you are comfortable navigating Thailand and dealing with cabbies who are guaranteed to try and get as much baht as they can from you but you are firm with them about prices, then it could be good, actually. Make sure they use meters!!!

....It may have been the cabbies trying to do them, but I have a feeling, based on #150's review, that it just doesn't seem to be as close as they say.

....and DO be aggressive with the cabbies in making sure they know where you're going

What a load of rubbish, the guy does not understand that poor rice farmers, turned part-time taxi drivers still don't know the area and are struggling themselves.

From this insane post it looks like a traveller is thrown to the wolves.

Just returned from staying 1 night at P.P. Hotel. Rooms fair - B600 - 700, breakfast with meal not so good. Taxi was B200 one way. Going taxi took 1 1/2 hour - 1/2 hour on return trip. It definately is out in nowhere land.

Regarding the info on the Bangplee GH, Sananwan Palace GH.

I live very close though i've never been to the place.

I pass both the airport front door and the guest house on my way home every night and it’s about 20-30 minutes in a taxi. From the airport expect to pay (no more than) 200 baht - that should include the 50 baht fee on pick-up from the airport (i did this Monday last) - taxi's are in front of the terminal on i think it’s floor 1 (beware of the airport taxis which are different and cost more).

There are about seven entrance / exit roads to the airport, but the two main ones enter from the north (the main one right to the terminal front door) and from the south - the one you want which goes along the east side of the runways and crosses over the Bangna-Trat highway – if your taxi goes the 6 km parallel to the runways you know he’s gone the correct (and shortest) way.

The guest house is a stone’s throw away from a very famous Wat (temple) called Wat Bangplee Yai (i.e. Bangplee is the name of the area and Yai is big or the biggest of the Wat’s in Bangplee) – ask for Wat Bang Plee Yai and Luang Poh To (pronounced ‘Lung Por Toe’ – it’s a famous Buddha image). Ask some one at the airport before you get a taxi to write Wat Bang Plee Yai and Luang Poh To in Thai for you.

Worth doing at the guest house is visiting the Wat, there’s an old market within it on the canal, and asking the guest house to arrange a tour of the local canal’s (khlongs) for you - that would be well worth doing. Also walk past the Wat and across the road bridge and there’s about 4 huge restaurants there – they all do the same kind of thing which is all-you-can-eat buffet for Baht 69 to 79 baht – they’re "drinking" restaurants and get very busy – try one of the two which border on the canal for nicer ambience. In the area – probably 50 baht in a taxi – is a Big C supermarket – you could walk there in 20 minutes (through the Wat, cross the wooden bridge across the canal, turn right on the road and walk 10 minutes).

Word of warning though. The road to the guest house and Wat is 2 lanes each way but narrows in front to the Wat to one each way so has a bit of a traffic jam at peak hours (it may add 20 minutes to your journey) and you need to be aware that the GH is on the flight path from the airport and will be bloody noisy for about 22 hours a day!