Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevdulounge

Problem With Tot Speedtouch Modem

7 posts in this topic

Hey, you helped before I hope you can help me again :

I can't get into the admin section of my TOT speedtouch modem anymore, to change my ip address :

I used to change user, and logon as administrator with login:" "admin" password: "tot".

It doesn't work anymore, and I cant figure out the password. I tried reseting the modem to factory default, by pressing the tiny button in the back, but no luck with that either....

See, I can't use my modem with a linksys router anymore now...

I hope someone can help me :o

speedtouch sounds like Zyxel is the manufacturer. Try userid admin and password 1234 - those are the defaults for Zyxel.

Does the box have a type description on the bottom?

anyone ?...

are you using the interface software supplied by TOT, without more information it sounds like the lan connection to your router/modem has broken down, that would account for the no access, my only experience with tot is from a friend who had a bad lan cable preventing connection, the ADSL was working fine with all the lights

also check in notepad that your keyboard is putting in the correct letters, I know in the past a friend had a similar problem with a password, he didn't realise his keys where not typing the correct codes and as you can't see them on a password he didn't realise

its a speedtouch 536, by thomson, sold to me by TOT. it works fine but I can't get in the administration panel because the password seems to have changed. it used to be admin / tot. I tried admin / 1234 also, and many other things... but no chance so far

wooohooo i tried something that worked : Used firefox instead of IE7. Can't changed users with ie7 for some reason. !!

its a speedtouch 536, by thomson, sold to me by TOT. it works fine but I can't get in the administration panel because the password seems to have changed. it used to be admin / tot. I tried admin / 1234 also, and many other things... but no chance so far

Thompson indeed. I mixed up prestige and speedtouch.

So it works again with the Linksys router? (I assume you setup the Thompson as a bridge and run PPPoE on the Linksys?)