• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ground Engineer

Toyota Innova

7 posts in this topic

I was thinking of buying a Fortuner but am put off by the fact that it has a solid rear axle (same as a pickup). Saw a Toyota Innova last week on second road and was very impressed with the space and the 7 seats. All the benifits of the Fortuner but with independant suspension all round, a lighter car and the smaller 2.5 litre D4D diesel engine and 2 wheel drive. Also a bit cheaper than the Fortuner.

Does any one have any experience with these cars. Good or bad.

Cheers,

Rob.

Innova gets my vote for the ugliest car around.

Also I would not call it a SUV, where the S stands for "Sport".

For a Mommie Wagon a better choice would be the Wish.

Unless you really want the diesel.

I think the sales figures for the two cars reflect this.

I got one as a company car. Its ok, not too bad and the car holds well in terms of reliability.

Innova is based on the same, pickup platform as Fortuner, it's not a "proper" SUV by any means.

They used to offer them with 2l petrol engine, is it still an option?

I was thinking of buying a Fortuner but am put off by the fact that it has a solid rear axle (same as a pickup). Saw a Toyota Innova last week on second road and was very impressed with the space and the 7 seats. All the benifits of the Fortuner but with independant suspension all round, a lighter car and the smaller 2.5 litre D4D diesel engine and 2 wheel drive. Also a bit cheaper than the Fortuner.

Does any one have any experience with these cars. Good or bad.

Cheers,

Rob.

You are wrong about the Fortuner, it does not have a solid rear axle like pickup. Its competitor Isuzu Mu-7 does however, which might in part explain the difference in market share...

I am extremely happy with my Fortuner, about 23,000 kms on the clock and no problems, just a comfortable and roomy car.

/ Priceless

wow, when did the new fortuner arive? still have to see an independent rear suspension for a fortuner..last fortuner i saw had solid rear axles,,as well as innova, they just have coil spring suspension,, unlike the isuzu MU that has solid rear axles but uses leafspring suspension.

Innova gets my vote for the ugliest car around.

Also I would not call it a SUV, where the S stands for "Sport".

For a Mommie Wagon a better choice would be the Wish.

Unless you really want the diesel.

I think the sales figures for the two cars reflect this.

Mitsubishi Spacewagon > Wish