Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mobi

What Type Of Electrical Plug Is Used In The Philippines?

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what type of adaptor I need to connect my lap top, phone charger etc.in the Philippines?

Thanks?

Two flat type I used in our office there - same as Thailand

Edit - just checked and they say they also use the two round prong Euro one too - but as I said in office I used the flat one

Thanks Tywais :o

Great website - I shall book mark it.

I wouldn't trust what these websites say...just because the hotel where you are staying at is using a different plug than the national standard. I always carry a universal plub adapter wherever I travel in Asia.

So you gonna rough-it for a bit ehh...going from Bimmers to Jeepneys :o

I wouldn't trust what these websites say...just because the hotel where you are staying at is using a different plug than the national standard. I always carry a universal plub adapter wherever I travel in Asia.

So you gonna rough-it for a bit ehh...going from Bimmers to Jeepneys :o

Something like that - I'm gonna slum it for a week :D

rest assured the outlets there are the same as here in Thailand, the only problem is will there be a supply coming from them !!!!!

Q: What type of plugs do they use in Thailand?

Answer: A frickin hodgepodge.

TIS - what a joke.

A couple decades ago, there were conflicting electrical systems in place. Near the US bases on Luzon (Angeles City, Olongapo) they used 110v 60 hz; out in the sticks they used 220v 60 hz. Honest. I don't know what's used in Manila.

If you have anything that needs a ground make sure you have an adapter that converts three prong to two. I rarely have ever seen or used a properly grounded outlet in Luzon or Cebu. Also if you are powering anything that you like and might not want to have burn up, you really need a good surge/spike protector and voltage filter. The power is very dirty (voltage and cycles are variable) in PH and I have had a few electronics get cooked.