40 replies to this topic

#26 steelepulse

steelepulse

Beach Club

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 2008-08-07 21:45:55

>>Thanks everyone for your input. I've called a few companies to come and give me a quote and some more details. Think i will avoid a tiled pool as i can imagine there would be many problems, although they look beautiful.

Mine's been fine for 5 years.  Just make sure you get references from prior construction jobs.  Why go with something you aren't as happy with looks wise as you would like to be?

#27 CroBiker

CroBiker

Motorrad Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 2008-11-07 19:21:19

I'm thinking of having a pool built.I've seen many ads for pool companies here in Phuket but would like someone to point me in the right direction when it comes to choosing one.I'll need someone to clean it after too so don't want a company with crappy after sales service.Thanks.

I have get my Pool last Year November from Desjoyaux Phuket.
Not cheap,but good Quality with 10Year Warranty!
Also a very good Service!
The Company has over 40Years Experience Worldwide.
Ask Richy 081-9586756
or Reena 076-209145
www.desjoyauxasia.com
Robinsons

Same here, built mine in November 2005 and so far they provided great after sale service. If I have any problem they come immediately and fix it. On other hand, Navinda is much cheaper but their filtration system is not up to standards. My neighbor has theirs and he seems to be very upset.

Edited by CroBiker, 2008-11-07 19:27:02.

#28 zazo

zazo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 2009-03-29 12:24:41

I have a pool from Navinda which is very good.
Price is normal and they have good after sale service.

You are very lucky, my pool from Navinda. leeeeks leeeeks leeeeks

#29 AsiaMB

AsiaMB

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 2009-03-29 19:07:38

I'm thinking of having a pool built.I've seen many ads for pool companies here in Phuket but would like someone to point me in the right direction when it comes to choosing one.I'll need someone to clean it after too so don't want a company with crappy after sales service.Thanks.

Does the fact that there are no replies mean there are no good pool companies in Phuket, or is it just that the 34 readers of my post don't have one, or do you want me to just take the plunge ( pardon the pun) and go with any? :o

Call my mate Peter living in Phuket , he is an Aussie Pool Builder has a registered business in Phuket and built many pools here ..... better standard than any local or thai builder....... ...

#30 Nadege

Nadege

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 2010-01-07 14:20:37

You are very lucky, my pool from Navinda. leeeeks leeeeks leeeeks

Can we get your name name name ????????

#31 stevenl

stevenl

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts

Posted 2010-01-07 14:41:01

Can we get your name name name ????????

Why would you be interested in that, unless you're Navinda?

#32 zazo

zazo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 2010-01-21 09:30:43

Navinda pools are the worst, mine leaked through the walls all the time, the owener told me that the team that built my Pool where new and that they had to learn yes that is true, we had to spend an extra 280,000 baht to put all his faults right, he only lets you hold back 5% as final payment my fault did not read SMALL print, we hav had five pools in Thailand and that was the worst by FAR, they even but the skimer four inches to lowe, sad that he is still do bad work :) :D :D

#33 zazo

zazo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 2010-01-22 09:18:53

i will love to see your pool ??? to see if you are still happy ?

#34 stevehaigh

stevehaigh

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 2012-01-22 17:54:51

Thanks everyone for your input. I've called a few companies to come and give me a quote and some more details. Think i will avoid a tiled pool as i can imagine there would be many problems, although they look beautiful.

good luck, tiled pools are the norm for Thailand and i think are by far the best, least maintenance and best looking

also check out this http://poolphuket.com/ if you are interested in more of a natural free-form pool and some water features to make it fun

#35 barka

barka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 2012-01-22 18:24:07

Try Valentine at Valient Pools, hes been here a long time,and bulit many pools, will ailso give you good advice.

#36 Old Croc

Old Croc

Carnivorous Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 2012-01-22 22:48:00

Royale has probably built his pool by now, he started this thread over three years ago.

Although, there may be others thinking about building one now who appreciate the contacts..

#37 barka

barka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 2012-01-23 07:21:02

Does the fact that there are no replies mean there are no good pool companies in Phuket, or is it just that the 34 readers of my post don't have one, or do you want me to just take the plunge ( pardon the pun) and go with any? Posted Image
V

VALIENT POOLS...Valentine,the owner has many years experiance ,building pools, here in Phuket,he will give yoe some good hoenest, advice.....he is a TV member and posts on this forum regular..

#38 petercallen

petercallen

Platinum Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 2012-01-23 08:09:39

Does the fact that there are no replies mean there are no good pool companies in Phuket, or is it just that the 34 readers of my post don't have one, or do you want me to just take the plunge ( pardon the pun) and go with any? Posted Image
V

VALIENT POOLS...Valentine,the owner has many years experiance ,building pools, here in Phuket,he will give yoe some good hoenest, advice.....he is a TV member and posts on this forum regular..

Who built your pool or is it a state secret??

#39 Valentine

Valentine

PSU Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 2012-01-23 08:30:22

V

It was not me although I saw his pool the other day & it looks just fine.

#40 barka

barka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 2012-01-23 08:41:27

V

NO ..i posted before on who built my pool,a local Thai,builder recomended to me by a freind,i have had it now 6 years,a concrete, tiled, pool,with salt water chlorinator,Hayward pumps etc good qualty build,been a good pool,i am happy, no regrets,but i have owned 2 properties, where Valentine built the pools and they are in resorts and they stil look good built over 8 years ago..and still working well...

#41 katabeachbum

katabeachbum

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts

Posted 2012-01-23 08:55:10

second recomondation on Valentine. Just replaced a pump at my home and very happy with it, choise of pump, installation job and price.

The pool on second floor I build myself in 2007

For a fiberglass pool I d go with Navinda. They used to have some fiberglass problem, but seem to have sorted it. The 2-3 days build time is great if you live on site

PVC liner pool, Des Jouaux, no doubt. Stay away from their previous dealer in Th, located close to Toyota Bypassroad

Sponsored by....

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: