Vientiane Hotels Near New Consulate Location

11 replies to this topic

#1 frenchFARANGbkk

frenchFARANGbkk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 2009-01-05 02:34:11

Vientiane hotels near new consulate location, Soradith, Bouchadakham, Oudomphone Guest House, Heung Chaleun, Laongdao

Hi,

I checked on hobo maps and it seems that there are some hotels and guesthouses near the new consulate place in Lao (Bourichane street : IB211).

Do you know any of these places ?

Soradith Hotel : IE210

Bouchadakham Hotel : ID209

Oudomphone Guest House : IG210

Heung Chaleun Hotel : IG212

Laongdao Hotel : IH212

Thanks and Happy new year !

#2 Lite Beer

Lite Beer

• News Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,010 posts

Posted 2009-01-05 09:45:04

You might get a bigger responce here.

#3 technocracy

technocracy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 2009-01-05 10:12:50

If I was you I'd just stay in the central area and get a tuk tuk or even better just hire a motorbike.

Most of those hotels you list are small local style hotels more akin to places locals take their mia noi for a night of loving!

The Soradith Hotel is more know for the Soradith Nightclub which is one of the main gay and ladyboy night spots - so you can make a logical guess who are the main users of that particular hotel.

Oh actually there is also the 'Nam Papa Villa' which on that map is where the water tower logo over the road from the Laongdao Hotels is - the Nam Papa Villa doesn't look that bad actually but you are still are surrounded by nothing to do. Well unless you want to do you grocery shopping at the food market or minimarts that are on that road or you can pay your water bill at the office next door!

Also none of them are in easy walking distance to the new consulate!

So take your pick! :o

Edited by technocracy, 2009-01-05 10:24:21.

#4 frenchFARANGbkk

frenchFARANGbkk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 2009-01-05 13:29:32

Thank you, I just wanted to try new places, knowing the center very well already.

So the Nam Papa Villa would be the best around the new consulate?

Do you know how much it costs, and also the price of others hotels around? (if it's not so close to consulate and also expensive yes, maybe better go back to usual places)

As you seem to know where is the new Thai consulate can you also tell me where it is located on the Bourichane road?

Thanks a lot.

#5 technocracy

technocracy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 2009-01-05 17:40:40

I haven't actually been up the road yet to see where it is - well because there is absolutely no reason to go that way!

However in the next day or so I am actually going to go and take a look to see exactly where it is - out of my own curiousity along with looking at any possible buildings that could be made into a guest house as I smell a business opportunity for a decent guest house in spitting distance of the consulate! :o :D

#6 Green

Green

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 2009-01-07 03:50:12

can u rent a motorbike there? Any suggestions? what are the standard rates for bikes and tuk-tuks....will it help to speak thai with them?

#7 callao

callao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 2009-01-09 20:24:23

can u rent a motorbike there? Any suggestions? what are the standard rates for bikes and tuk-tuks....will it help to speak thai with them?

you can rent a motorbike at PVO, on Fa ngum road on the mekong side across from Lane Xang hotel, $10 a day for a suzuki scooter, the minimart across from Khop Chau Deu bar also has motorbikes for rent also both speak english, callao

#8 frenchFARANGbkk

frenchFARANGbkk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 2009-01-11 13:47:48

Vientiane hotels near new consulate location, Soradith, Bouchadakham, Oudomphone Guest House, Heung Chaleun, Laongdao

Hi,

I checked on hobo maps and it seems that there are some hotels and guesthouses near the new consulate place in Lao (Bourichane street : IB211).

Do you know any of these places ?

Soradith Hotel : IE210

Bouchadakham Hotel : ID209

Oudomphone Guest House : IG210

Heung Chaleun Hotel : IG212

Laongdao Hotel : IH212

Thanks and Happy new year !

I confirm that there is nothing but the consulate in this area, and the best hotel seems to be the Heung Chaleun Hotel for 700 THB.

Laongdao Hotel is clean and new for 500 thb.

Soradith Hotel and Oudomphone Guest House cost 400 and 300 thb but they are dirty and the furnitures are old.

#9 frenchFARANGbkk

frenchFARANGbkk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 2009-10-12 15:56:07

Hi,

Do you know the names of the new central hotels in Vientiane ?

I know that there is the City Inn Vientiane Hotel but there are also 2 or 3 other new hotels on the same street.

Thanks.

#10 technocracy

technocracy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 2009-10-12 17:21:56

If I pass them in the next day or so I'll try look out for what they are. I can't remember off the top of my head.

#11 frenchFARANGbkk

frenchFARANGbkk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 2009-10-14 01:54:32

Thanks if you get the names.

#12 willi2006

willi2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 2009-11-29 13:23:37

As I saw this week there are now three new accommodations close to the consulate. See OpenStreetMap Vientiane Thai consulate.
  • Douang Pra Seuth Hotel, Tel 285255.
  • Giapo´s Guest House 350/450 THB, Motorbike rental 350 THB.
  • Lako Apartment 450 THB, just opened.

Attached File  DouangPraSeuthHotel1.jpg   116.59KB   23 downloads Attached File  DouangPraSeuthHotel2.jpg   151.95KB   31 downloads Attached File  GiaposGuestHouse1.jpg   143.01KB   27 downloads Attached File  GiaposGuestHouse2.jpg   106.58KB   32 downloads Attached File  LakoApartment.jpg   116.93KB   55 downloads Attached File  BusinessCards.jpg   313.63KB   46 downloads

Edited by willi2006, 2009-11-29 13:25:33.

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: