132 replies to this topic

#51 OzDamo

OzDamo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 2011-01-09 09:36:41

This topic title, like smoking tobacco is "deceptive"
Smoking is a method of getting a nicotine "fix"- you are a drug addict, that's the real problem.
So anything that says you'll stop smoking by replacement of the method of nicotine induction, is simply dancing around the real problem-SMOKERS ARE NICOTINE ADDICTS!
The mantra required to break free from the drug, is to stop using any form of nicotine- With a positive state of mind it won't be an agony to free yourself, you just need to know the reasons why you don't stop smoking!
Most of it is the negative mind state of the nicotine addict, which continues this dissent upon themselves....the nicotine addict need to learn to like themselves again, like when they did before they started!
2 months after stopping 99% of the problem is gone absolutely........but 1% in a negative mind is room for failure!
"So never take another puff"
-and don't sucker for gum or any other kind of NRT's it's the same......no craving lasts longer then 2 minutes, why throw success away for a moments weakness!
If someone sparks up a dart somewhere they shouldn't tell them..."hey buddy, I just stopped smoking, I am trying to get off nicotine addiction, can you do that somewhere else?"
They won't start a fight, because for starters they can't breath properly and would most definitely lose!
Stand up for your own freedom, don't be sheepish!
Nicotine, smoke free or not will still greatly increase your risk of a heart attack, never mind lung cancer or stokes.
Listen to your body and learn to like yourself as you should a healthy function human being, control your subliminal mind with your own conscientiousness.

#52 sebscala

sebscala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 2011-03-06 18:58:39

I have recently bought one of the E-Health cigarettes and see on their website that you can buy drops (as someone else on this thread also mentions) to add to a used cartridge so that you can reuse it, which seems much more convenient than having to buy the cartridges and running around all over Bangkok to find them!

Does anyone know where these are available?

#53 ripley

ripley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 2011-04-17 13:23:31

The e-cigarette is a brilliant invention. It delivers a bit of nicotine (non-tobacco) via a vapor. As the dangerous substances in cigarettes are from added chemicals plus toxins due to burning substances, the e-cigarette makes perfect sense. And of course it's being banned everywhere! You think the Tobacco Companies are about to allow them??
I recently had someone bring me a few bottles of Johnsons Tobacco Juice from America, where it is manufactured and guaranteed pure nicotine and glycerin - full stop. Excellent. As the N-joy and other e-cig companies state, they are not offering a cessation of smoking but rather a safe substitute.
I'd love to find out where these are available in Thailand - specifically Pattaya -and how firmly the laws against them are enforced.
When I researched the subject, the law in Thailand remains firm: E-cigarettes are illegal to import, use or sell in the Kingdom. Thus I am too paranoid to "vape up". How odd that tobacco cigarettes are not also banned....

#54 CHdiver

CHdiver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 2011-04-17 17:42:57

The e-cigarette is a brilliant invention. It delivers a bit of nicotine (non-tobacco) via a vapor. As the dangerous substances in cigarettes are from added chemicals plus toxins due to burning substances, the e-cigarette makes perfect sense. And of course it's being banned everywhere! You think the Tobacco Companies are about to allow them??
I recently had someone bring me a few bottles of Johnsons Tobacco Juice from America, where it is manufactured and guaranteed pure nicotine and glycerin - full stop. Excellent. As the N-joy and other e-cig companies state, they are not offering a cessation of smoking but rather a safe substitute.
I'd love to find out where these are available in Thailand - specifically Pattaya -and how firmly the laws against them are enforced.
When I researched the subject, the law in Thailand remains firm: E-cigarettes are illegal to import, use or sell in the Kingdom. Thus I am too paranoid to "vape up". How odd that tobacco cigarettes are not also banned....

If you google ecig and Thailand and click on the first results you may find what you are looking for.

#55 TOKARA

TOKARA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 2011-04-17 20:44:20

am going BKK next month

anyone can help where can i find e-ciga besides MBK, Chinatown?

hows does the e-ciga looks like in MBK?

#56 trutrvl

trutrvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 2011-06-10 19:22:41

So much talk about ecig being bad, well I say... show me the study, show the proof! nobody seems to be able. The common reason given by Gov to ban ecig is that the sweet flavours (choc, banana, etc) might appeal to children and so get them addicted to the habit... Fine I say, then regulate the sale just like the traditional cigs and don't sell to children... what a lame excuse to ban a product that compared to traditional cigs is healthier. Everiyhing that's inside the ecig juice is also found in foods, there is of course a high concentration of nic but then nic on its own is not a health risk, in fact it has many medical benefits, besides, with ecigs YOU controll the amount of nic you want.

I tryed an ecig last December and haven't touched a regular cig since, i.e. I've been a non smoker for 7 months now, did it overnight with no effort at all... this must be good! As far as being addictive... well, I started with 18mlg nic juice, within a week I switched to 8mlg nic juice and now I only use nic juice for 1 hour in the morning, the rest of the day I vape ZERO nic juice... seems to me I'm reducing my addiction not continuing it and I feel good, the house doesn't stink and my pets don't run away! Try blowing a puff of smoke into the face of your dog then blow a puff of ecig vap, see the difference, that's your proof of which is harmful and which isn't.

I say to all these Govmts - WAKE UP! Stop thinking about tobacco revenue and give priority to a healthier population

#57 drumournie

drumournie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 2011-06-10 20:03:06

There are two on the market that surpass anything, the Tornado mk2 and the screwdriver, look them both up on the internet. I've been using them for the past 6 months and found them exceptionaly reliable and do what they say

IMO the ones that look like a cigarettes, with a flashing light at the end are a waste of time, hardly work, no smoke, no kick, but thats my opinion. I bought these kinds before, gammuzi or something and another I cant remember, waste of money.

Plenty of Forums on the internet to study it on.

I buy from a company called totaly wicked.

http://www.totallywi...uk/welcome.html

#58 likewise

likewise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 2011-07-28 10:04:14

Well in our little shit hole of Krabi I found an "E cig" at Tesco's and, this was only 599 baht and 150 baht for a box with 10 cartridges in, never seen the other E cigs where you refill it yourself.

Bought it on Tuesday and happily sucking the thing when I feel like smoking, haven't touched a LM since Tuesday. So far so good.

#59 thaisabai

thaisabai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 2011-08-23 20:22:27

I bought my e-cigarette here:
http://www.healthcab...roducts_id=7376

I also buy the juice for refilling here (very economical):

http://www.healthcab...ndex&cPath=1075

the E510 model just looks like a real cigarette. I like the manual verson (more control over the amount of Nicotene inhaling)

thaisabai

#60 thaisabai

thaisabai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 2011-08-23 20:26:26

by the way:

http://www.healthcabin.net/

also ships to Thailand. I recently ordered a set for my girfriend with Menthol smoke juice. she loves it.

#61 likewise

likewise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 2011-08-28 13:57:44

might have to order that too, coz as usual... went back to Lotus to buy cartridges and .. no have sir solly :rolleyes:

#62 chuppachops

chuppachops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 2011-09-08 07:33:58

hi i have tried to stop smoking many times and could nt do it , couple of weeks ago i bought an e cig from the shopping center here in phuket i thought id give it a go as i had heard a lot of good things about them. I paid 500 baht got a charger 1 e cig and some menthol cartridges, got home gave it a puff and wow its just like the real thing!

for 4 days i didnt touch a real tobacco ciggy didnt have and cravings at all. I was very happy until the thing broke :( . I done a bit or research watching utube and now i have ordered an expensive vapor king one from an internet site as i know this is the answer for me i know 100% it works! the good thing is you can buy cartridges with different levels of nicotine from 36 mg down to 0 mg of nicotine so you are able to wean your self of it. there are many flavours aswell which is cool i think and adds to the attraction for me. I can really see these things taking off in a big way in the next year or two and im reading the huge tobbacco companies are worried about it and are thinking of getting into this aswell to get their bit of the pie.

the site i used is http://store.vapor4l...er_Kits_s/1.htm

try them they work !

Edited by chuppachops, 2011-09-08 07:36:13.

#63 thescot

thescot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 2011-09-08 22:36:01

You can get any type of e-cig in Thailand and all accessories to go with them. Some top models are made here. I have never had a real ciggie for over 1 year and even hate the smell of them since i read about them here. I'm involved in the vaping community and can help any expa find what they want and i know someone who makes them for export. I have to say that the small ones that look like real cigs are good to try but if the truth be told a battery that lasts you all day or maybe 2 days, the proper equipment to go with it and you will never have another real cigarette again. I started on the small e-cigs and now laugh at them but guess you have to start somewhere.
Any help needed then pm me

A very happy vaper indeed!!

#64 mr3cho

mr3cho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 2011-10-03 11:55:55

You can get any type of e-cig in Thailand and all accessories to go with them. Some top models are made here. I have never had a real ciggie for over 1 year and even hate the smell of them since i read about them here. I'm involved in the vaping community and can help any expa find what they want and i know someone who makes them for export. I have to say that the small ones that look like real cigs are good to try but if the truth be told a battery that lasts you all day or maybe 2 days, the proper equipment to go with it and you will never have another real cigarette again. I started on the small e-cigs and now laugh at them but guess you have to start somewhere.

hi thescot, I am new to this. I just bought one of these 'tank systems' the other day and some ejuice. I quite like it although I now understand the health department's concern, because when I first got it, I was so excited that I took so many hits off of it and took it way more nicotine than i usually get from cigs.
But anyways, I like it, I like the flavor and I don't smell (that much) anymore.

What I wanted to ask you is that if you know a place perhaps in BKK where I can find the e juice in variety? I want to try different flavors and mixes. I am currently using Ovale brand which has VG, PG, and 3 other chemicals ( dimethylpyrazine , linalool and one other) which I don't know what they do so I'm a bit weary. Which ejuice do you recomend?

#65 chuppachops

chuppachops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 2011-10-03 19:36:07

hi thescot, I am new to this. I just bought one of these 'tank systems' the other day and some ejuice. I quite like it although I now understand the health department's concern, because when I first got it, I was so excited that I took so many hits off of it and took it way more nicotine than i usually get from cigs.
But anyways, I like it, I like the flavor and I don't smell (that much) anymore.

What I wanted to ask you is that if you know a place perhaps in BKK where I can find the e juice in variety? I want to try different flavors and mixes. I am currently using Ovale brand which has VG, PG, and 3 other chemicals ( dimethylpyrazine , linalool and one other) which I don't know what they do so I'm a bit weary. Which ejuice do you recomend?

ive bought 5 x 30 ml from vaporforlife they have a huge line of juices and really nice too.. my all day vape is kant menthol, or the past few days white chocolate 11mg nice and mellow with a nice throat hit. its about 8-12 dollars a bottle and 25 dollars postage so buy a few to last.

ive just bought some cheaper juices ( sourced here in thailand) (thanks thescot!) 100 baht each for a bottle theyre ok id reccomend the peach.. although everyone is different. im never going back to smoking and my chest is getting much better.

im also wondering if anyone that has been vaping for a long time if they have tried to quit ecigs.. it it harder than quiting normal cigs?

Edited by chuppachops, 2011-10-03 19:38:01.

#66 chuppachops

chuppachops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 2011-10-06 20:11:12

Quick review after 1 week with the sun -T system, it leaks all over not really very good the supplier said they all do it with the tank system.. its awsome apart from that

#67 gabthai

gabthai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 2011-10-11 16:35:15

HI

If sombody who buy e-cig from phuket can tell me exactlyu where they bought it ???
Because order now on the net with the link on forum,but i have to stop right now...i do small heart attack grrrrrr.....i have to stop quickly and even i am worry for my health hard to stop without nothing

Big thank you Guy

#68 kvindemin

kvindemin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 2011-10-22 07:36:19

HI

If sombody who buy e-cig from phuket can tell me exactlyu where they bought it ???
Because order now on the net with the link on forum,but i have to stop right now...i do small heart attack grrrrrr.....i have to stop quickly and even i am worry for my health hard to stop without nothing

Big thank you Guy

same me, if you have a address in bkk, pattaya or phuket , i will be very grateful.....pm will be very welcome....thanks

#69 AlongtheChaoPraya

AlongtheChaoPraya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 2011-10-25 02:25:57

I would like to add that I am another success story. I started smoking back the 60's and managed to quit a few times over the decades using the patches and gum and sometimes pure willpower. But I always suffered, and eventually failed.

I never had any problems getting my e-cigs delivered to me in Thailand. I even used eBay once from a company in Holland. But the first two brands I got were cigarette-size, and after some time, I started having trouble with the atomisers, the batteries, and the volume of the vapor.

What did it for me was ordering these cigar-size e-cigs from China. They were like a dream. I didnt hold back, or try to wean myself off of them. The Chinese had some sort of promotion and I received about 30 bottles of juice of varying flavours and nicotine contents, including some that had zero mg/ml. After awhile (months), I just started losing interest and the need to do it all the time.

chuppachops wrote: "im also wondering if anyone that has been vaping for a long time if they have tried to quit ecigs.. it it harder than quiting normal cigs?"

Well, like I explained, it was easier for me to get off the e-cigs than the cancer-causing kind - but it took awhile. I have to admit though that I went through a grey period after I found myself in a country with the wrong battery charger, and I still had an urge from time to time. During this time, I just had to quit drinking more than one or two drinks at a time, and I bought some nicotine gum. But my addiction level was so low (thanks to the reduced e-cig use) by that time that I would cut the gum into tiny pieces (thirds or quarters) and just place the little pieces in my mouth like a mint. It worked. The normal method of course is just to wean yourself down to low-level juices using the e-cigs. (They are just as fun to smoke.)

Now, a year later, I never have the urge anymore, and just the thought of rationalising and smoking "just one" of those nasty things (real cigarettes) again is repulsive.

I go into so much detail, because if just one person on this forum can use these tips and make the effort to successfully quit smoking, the benefits are of course enormous. And the magic of the e-cigs is that you really don't have to give those up. There is nothing dangerous about nicotine in low levels. (Some people cannot grasp this idea, and it is a waste of time to argue with them.) I too hope that some day some tobacco companies get into the e-cig business. It would change the world, health-wise. Chok-dee Khraap.

#70 mr3cho

mr3cho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 2011-10-26 14:38:41

It's been nearly 1 month now and I haven't had any urge to smoke a regular cig. Very easy transition.

That being said, the e-cig should also come with a word of caution. The liquid nicotine consistency and quality is wiiiiddee open. I'm not sure some are even safe. No ingredients printed on the bottles, no standards, no safety regulations and most are from China.

I just recently bought a new batch from China called Dekang. 10 bottles of various flavors. All have a similar "chemical" smell and when I smoke it has a chemical taste undertone. Also dries out my throat and nostrils. I'm about to throw out the batch.

Be careful.

#71 AlongtheChaoPraya

AlongtheChaoPraya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 2011-10-28 01:37:28

"I just recently bought a new batch from China called Dekang. 10 bottles of various flavors. All have a similar "chemical" smell and when I smoke it has a chemical taste undertone. Also dries out my throat and nostrils. I'm about to throw out the batch."

Hello Mr3cho- as far as your statement about drying out your throat and nostrils, I have read in many threads that this is a common complaint of e-cigs in general. It has more to do with the mechanics of the deep-breathing of vapor and the large exhale.

I ended up using a company called Absolutely Cigs in China because I found out that they were the ones that made the attractive and popular Revolver charging kits and e-cigs which are sold as if they were American from a U.S. site.

I combined the promotion on the juice that came with the large e-cigs with another juice promotion and the cost came out to 25 U.S. cents (7.5 Baht) per ml. Their site is at:

http://absolutelyecigs.com/index.php

#72 JUDAS

JUDAS

Amused

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 2011-10-28 09:28:41

Not a good day at all! Just had nearly 10k Baht worth of e-cigs and liquid seized by Thai Customs Dept.

#73 AlongtheChaoPraya

AlongtheChaoPraya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 2011-10-29 16:17:13

Not a good day at all! Just had nearly 10k Baht worth of e-cigs and liquid seized by Thai Customs Dept.

Ouch!

#74 chuppachops

chuppachops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 2011-10-30 07:58:32

why did they seize them? ive had no problems. can you get them back? probably have to pay a fee

#75 mr3cho

mr3cho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 2011-10-31 14:54:08

Hello Mr3cho- as far as your statement about drying out your throat and nostrils, I have read in many threads that this is a common complaint of e-cigs in general. It has more to do with the mechanics of the deep-breathing of vapor and the large exhale.

I started and went back to using Ovale brand juice and it's great. I suspect that the dekang juice is either fake or that it is PG based and that I am allergic to PG. The ovale brand may contain more vg than pg.

Sponsored By:

The Stop Smoking Project subforum has been established to run a step by step programme over the next few weeks with the objective of trying to help as many smokers as possible become non smokers.

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: