View New Content Help  
Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Best Breakfast In Pattaya To Be Had Where?

168 replies to this topic

#1 jingjingna

jingjingna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 13:22:22

I don't venture out to Pattaya very often, but every now and then I do get the urge for a proper full English breakfast. This was the case on Sunday and I decided on going to Shenanigans for an Irish breakfast for the grand sum of Baht 150. Value wise I can't complain, two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, two Irish herb sausages, toms and baked beans, two slices of toast with butter/jam and a coffee. (HP sauce too!)

Got me thinking, is there anywhere else that serves up a better Breakfast around the Beach Road area?
:o

#2 SEAtramp

SEAtramp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 13:36:03

Breakfast in Pattaya

#3 fisherd3

fisherd3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 13:55:10

I don't venture out to Pattaya very often, but every now and then I do get the urge for a proper full English breakfast. This was the case on Sunday and I decided on going to Shenanigans for an Irish breakfast for the grand sum of Baht 150. Value wise I can't complain, two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, two Irish herb sausages, toms and baked beans, two slices of toast with butter/jam and a coffee. (HP sauce too!)

Got me thinking, is there anywhere else that serves up a better Breakfast around the Beach Road area?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lek Hotel second Road full works help yourself buffet 95bht. By the Pool.

A legend in Pattaya.

#4 chonabot

chonabot

Chilled Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 14:55:54

Greg's Kitchen 2nd Road ooposte Soi 6 ( nearly ) , an outstanding Breaking of Fast.

#5 Pattaya_Fox

Pattaya_Fox

Platinum Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 17:45:32

Greg's Kitchen 2nd Road ooposte Soi 6 ( nearly ) , an outstanding Breaking of Fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to go to Gregs quite often but then something happened to the sausages they tasted awful so now I would reccommend Baywatch, which is located towards the bottom of Beach road....a lovely place where the food is excellent (real pork sausages), a good menu with plenty of variety including Thai food and some old Western favourites such as apple pie at very reasonable prices and you have a magnificent view of the sea....oh! and I nearly forgot to mention you get service with a smile. :D

#6 DJ Pat

DJ Pat

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 17:48:08

Baywatch Cafe... I've spent many late nights here dining on their rather fine roast pork and apple sauce, or tasty omlettes.

#7 jingjingna

jingjingna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 18:07:46

Baywatch...which end of Beach Road is considered to be the bottom?

#8 jingjingna

jingjingna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 18:09:28

I saw the buffet advertised by Lek hotel but didn't think I'd get 'proper' sausages for that price??

#9 Pattaya_Fox

Pattaya_Fox

Platinum Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 18:11:51

Baywatch...which end of Beach Road is considered to be the bottom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About 150 yards before the famous Walking Street....you`ll see it on the left it has an open frontage.

#10 fisherd3

fisherd3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 18:23:34

I saw the buffet advertised by Lek hotel but didn't think I'd get 'proper' sausages for that price??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must admit I do not recall seeing sausages , I will check it out next time.

But if its not a buffet you get hit with charges for extra cups of tea or coffee , so for me no buffet no deal.

#11 britmaveric

britmaveric

Defender of the Realm

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,236 posts

Posted 2005-02-24 18:47:18

Baywatch Cafe... I've spent many late nights here dining on their rather fine roast pork and apple sauce, or tasty omlettes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with DJ Pat - spent many a morning errr afternoon having breakie there!!! :o

#12 Monkeypants

Monkeypants

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 02:20:57

The Ritz on yamato
proper bangers proper bacon easily the best in town and very cheap

#13 PvtDick

PvtDick

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 02:32:39

OK, enough about English breakfasts. Where to get a real AMERICAN breakfast, with pancakes, waffles, French toast, Denver omelettes, hash browns, and all those fattening things (with real maple syrup, please)?

#14 spike

spike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 05:42:07

The Haven, soi 13, has an excellent breakfast. Great breakfast burrito or steak and eggs with hash browns. Very good.

I tried the Lek because I had heard so much about it, great fruit, but the main courses were not for me. I would rather spend a little more and get some great food.

#15 johnnyk

johnnyk

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 06:02:19

Apex Hotel on 2nd Road around soi 10 also has 95baht buffet, same ownership as Lek but I thought Apex buffet was better.
Baywatch is ok but more expensive.
Personally, I find Greg's on the rpicy side for everything, its ok but not great.
Thumb Up soi 6 does a good English brekkie for 95.

#16 h5n1

h5n1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 14:55:37

this is the best kuay tiaw nam in pattaya - chinese lady across from gold shops on soi bukhao right after soi chaiyapoon -b25.

#17 thaiflyer1

thaiflyer1

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 19:05:53

Decent brekkie............The Sportsman Soi 13........sausage/egg /bacon/toms/beans and best of all bubble and squeak...toast/marmalade and tea/coffee.....130 baht

#18 lungbing

lungbing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 2005-02-25 22:13:39

Also "The Sportsman " on Soi 6 (Soi Yodsak) if you are staying that end of town.

Lung Bing

#19 Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 2005-03-01 08:48:55

OK, enough about English breakfasts.  Where to get a real AMERICAN breakfast, with pancakes, waffles, French toast, Denver omelettes, hash browns, and all those fattening things (with real maple syrup, please)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about biscuits and gravy? :o

#20 William Osborne

William Osborne

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 2005-03-02 23:40:26

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try your local 7/11, i usually get a bottle of M-150, a cheese bite with loads of mustard and some chocalate milk which I mix 50/50 with some low fat milk, plus an aspirin :D

#21 Soi33

Soi33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 2005-03-02 23:46:29

Lewenski's used to be real good for break. I have not been in a while though.

#22 Rinrada

Rinrada

Titanium Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 2005-03-02 23:55:40

Palm Villa opposite Soi Post Office :D ........ :o Wot do you mean? :D Never... :D you dont say...........wot.....Gorn :D

#23 Heiniken

Heiniken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 2005-03-02 23:59:49

Its at Sizzler inside Royal Garden . 99 Bath salat buffe Awsome !!! Inkules all kinds of salat's , fruits , sweets , pasta , soup's amd its inside in an well airconditioned good looking restaurant .. Cant beat this one in this town ..
Steaks and main dishes are pretty expencive but the buffe is a Value .
Check it out . Great whit freinds or todays news paper .

#24 Bongo

Bongo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 2005-03-03 00:29:13

Best English breakfast (Palmer's bar).....Soi 2 Pattayaland! :o

#25 Phil Conners

Phil Conners

Bald Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 2005-03-03 01:40:58

Its at Sizzler inside Royal Garden . 99 Bath salat buffe Awsome !!! Inkules all kinds of salat's , fruits , sweets , pasta , soup's amd its inside in an well airconditioned good looking restaurant .. Cant beat this one in this town ..
Steaks and main dishes are pretty expencive but the buffe is a Value .
Check it out . Great whit freinds or todays news paper .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For breakfast? I don't think so.
It's not bad value for dinner though. add 20-30 baht for chicken or pork + fries.

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: