8 replies to this topic

#1 BIG SPUDS

BIG SPUDS

Do you re member?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 2005-03-24 21:30:21

Hello girls this is one for you to help me with.

My thai Gf is very small and has trouble getting nice shoes to fit.
she can get them but struggles to find a big selection.

could any one tell me what the uk equivalant size is to a thai 40 shoe size.

i said maybe when she comes to the uk she may have more luck, but i guess thailand has smaller ladies than the uk!!!

Anyway any help on converting sizes would be appreciated.

:o

#2 lopburi3

lopburi3

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,769 posts

Posted 2005-03-24 21:57:18

Thai use various size systems and if it 40 most likely that means the size used in Europe which would be 7 in UK and not small at all. Which is probably why she has a problem. Small size is very common here it is the size 7 and above where you have a problem.

#3 BIG SPUDS

BIG SPUDS

Do you re member?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 2005-03-24 22:11:38

so if she says her shoe size is a 40 (and its no way near a uk 7) how do i find out the real equivalent?

#4 lopburi3

lopburi3

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • 51,769 posts

Posted 2005-03-24 22:42:51

Ask her to draw around her foot and make a cut out? Shoe size accouding to wife varies from maker to maker here and I know they use all kinds of size systems as most are making for world markets rather than Thailand.
Below is a link to Tesco Lotus size chart for shoes in Thailand/Asia. You will note that the Asia woman size range from about 3-9 which is my experience also. Not sure what system your GF is using.

http://www.tescolotu...el/shoesize.asp

#5 dr_Pat_Pong

dr_Pat_Pong

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • 30,679 posts

Posted 2005-03-25 10:45:25

Ask her to draw around her foot and make a cut out?  Shoe size accouding to wife varies from maker to maker here and I know they use all kinds of size systems as most are making for world markets rather than Thailand.
Below is a link to Tesco Lotus size chart for shoes in Thailand/Asia.  You will note that the Asia woman size range from about 3-9 which is my experience also.  Not sure what system your GF is using.

http://www.tescolotu...el/shoesize.asp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're a mine of information Lop :o

#6 BIG SPUDS

BIG SPUDS

Do you re member?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 2005-03-25 19:24:59

i'm still non the wiser :D :o :D

GF is adamant shes a 40
and i know shes not a size 7 (uk)

oh well we will have to wait till she comes over!!!

Edited by BIG SPUDS, 2005-03-25 19:25:29.

#7 sbk

sbk

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • 40,183 posts

Posted 2005-03-25 22:16:44

Why cant she just send you a drawing of her foot? Explain to her that the British size and thai sizes are not the same.

I am 5'5" and I don't even wear a 40!

#8 cathyy

cathyy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 2005-03-27 09:48:05

Hmmm, I wear a US size 7 1/2, and a Thai size 38. If she wears a Thai size 40, she ought to wear an EU size 40. However, Thai sizes, especially cheap brands, will frequently run VERY small, and it's possible that she really wears a size as small as 34 EU. I have had to buy a size 44 before due to inaccurate sizing. See this website: International Shoe size conversion chart

Edited by cathyy, 2005-03-27 09:58:21.

#9 Maka

Maka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 2005-04-01 14:14:14

A Farang friend has the exact same problem with his Thai G/F and her inability to get sizes right.

He finally figgerd out that it all started when he convinced her that 4" was really 8"

Have you told your G/F that a new potato was really a BIG SPUD ? If so this might be the root of the problem.

:o

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: