• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rakshell

Motorcycle Import Tax

6 posts in this topic

How much does it cost to import a 500cc motorcycle into Thailand?

I would like to import a Royal Enfield Classic 500 into Thailand. Currently there are no Royal Enfield dealers in Thailand, so importing is the only option at the moment. The price is about B150,000 - B200,000 depending on the model.

Is there a different import tax system for NEW and USED motorcycles ie. would it be cheaper to import a second hand one?

I searched the forums with little luck.... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was quoted 150% of the cost Thai customs put on my motorcycle, a 7 year old Yamaha Fazer, when I enquired about importing it a few years ago.

Just aint worth it.

I suspect the Tax will be huge as with most imported vehicles but I could be wrong. Hopefully an Expert in these matters will be along shortly.

maybe you could import it in pieces as spare parts

I suspect the Tax will be huge as with most imported vehicles but I could be wrong. Hopefully an Expert in these matters will be along shortly.

maybe you could import it in pieces as spare parts

A royal enfield you don't need to import as parts,it will soon fall apart anyway. :)

150% tax on what they decide (feel) is quite expensive and a gamble.

Hey! what's wrong with a Royal Enfield? It's India-proof!

150% tax on what they decide (feel) is quite expensive and a gamble.

Hey! what's wrong with a Royal Enfield? It's India-proof!

Yes, and if someone in customs takes a shine to your bike then you can bet their value will be alot more than book.

150% was the total cost, vat, import duty etc.

I valued my own bike at 3000 GBPounds at the time and the prospect of paying 4500 to get it into Thailand was just too much.

Anyway, isn't a Royal Enfield where the Queen keeps her chickens?