View New Content Help  
Photo
- - - - -

Where Can I Buy Used Furniture In Bangkok?

No replies to this topic

#1 pete98

pete98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 2005-05-11 00:56:12

Hi,

I am new to the board and looking forward to join in the discussions. Seems like a friendly place with a lot of useful information. :o

Well, on to my questions.

I have just looked at a nice and cheap apartment in the Lard Phrao area, but unfortunately it is unfurnished. Since I only expect to stay for 1 year I would prefer not to spend a furtune on new furniture. Are there any places that sell used furniture here in BKK, such as fleamarkets or special stalls at chatuchak. I checked the online classifieds already, but didn't find much.

And on a somewhat related note, does anyone know a good gym around Lard Phrao, preferably close to Carrefour.

Thanks and regards, Pete

#2 Vampyros Lesbos

Vampyros Lesbos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 2005-05-11 03:07:39

Hi,

I am new to the board and looking forward to join in the discussions. Seems like a friendly place with a lot of useful information. :D

Well, on to my questions.

I have just looked at a nice and cheap apartment in the Lard Phrao area, but unfortunately it is unfurnished. Since I only expect to stay for 1 year I would prefer not to spend a furtune on new furniture. Are there any places that sell used furniture here in BKK, such as fleamarkets or special stalls at chatuchak. I checked the online classifieds already, but didn't find much.

And on a somewhat related note, does anyone know a good gym around Lard Phrao, preferably close to Carrefour.

Thanks and regards, Pete

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one sels second hand stuff in Thailand i seen one proper second hand shop and that was in Phuket for second hand BAR and Resturant stuff but it was not doing great. New stuff is so dam cheap that you can buy cheaper then IKEA in Thailand.
There is furniture fair every 3 month in Queen Sirikit check it out,. :o

#3 pete98

pete98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 2005-05-11 22:32:17

Took a look at the furniture shops in Seacon Square today. They had a lot of nice stuff, and as you say quite resonably priced. But even so, buying complete furniture from new for a 1 BR would set me back around 50K. It is a little too much when you have to throw it out or sell it dirt cheap one year later. Too bad. Looks like I will have to find another apartment. :o

Regards Pete

#4 Kringle

Kringle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 2005-05-12 10:18:54

You can check the ads here on TV or even Baht and Sold as people sell stuff all the time. I'm visiting a guy this afternoon thatis selling everything he has and will post anything that I don't want to help him.

#5 Neeranam

Neeranam

Anonymous Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 2007-03-20 14:07:23

No one sels second hand stuff in Thailand i seen one proper second hand shop and that was in Phuket for second hand BAR and Resturant stuff but it was not doing great.

Many people sell second hand things, especially furniture. I bought a chair for 4,000 baht and later saw it in Index for 14,000. There is a good one on Suk soi 49, good for small things like radios, tvs, kids toys etc

#6 ltdknowledge

ltdknowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 2007-03-20 14:31:12

Not sure how close you are to Bangbon 3, but there is a second hand shop that also reconditions furniture and they are very cheap. I looked at an L shape designer sofa which was about 20,000 in one of the big stores. They had a reconditioned one that looked new for 7000bht, and lots of others too.

#7 Spaniel

Spaniel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 2007-03-22 10:06:11

Not sure how close you are to Bangbon 3, but there is a second hand shop that also reconditions furniture and they are very cheap. I looked at an L shape designer sofa which was about 20,000 in one of the big stores. They had a reconditioned one that looked new for 7000bht, and lots of others too.

Do you know the name of the shop and where exactly is Bangbon 3? Thanks.

#8 my benny rai

my benny rai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 2007-03-27 11:56:39

There is a good gym near St Johns, within walking distance of the Pahonyothin Underground Station. It is on the upper floors of a car dealership. They have weights, snooker, cardio, a small resturant and a small pool. Sorry, forgot the name of the dealership and the name of the gym. Directly across from this gym, as you look out the window in the cardio area, you can see a tall building that also has a gym that is much smaller, more expensive, and not opened as much.

Edited by my benny rai, 2007-03-27 12:02:18.

#9 leisurely

leisurely

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 2007-03-30 12:44:58

I've never been, but apparently Soi dog rescue has a second hand shop somewhere near the tobacco monopoly park. Google SDR and that should have the info. Alternatively, try BAMBI - another google, they have a classified section.

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: