13 replies to this topic

#1 tonymontana32

tonymontana32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 16:35:19

Hi All, just a very quick one...does anyone know of any decent pawn shops near On Nut ( preferably ) where i can pawn my laptop?

Thanks in advance

#2 gotlost

gotlost

Titanium Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 16:45:19

Time to leave. :)

#3 TigertheCat

TigertheCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 18:03:15

You probably wont get much from a pawn shop,why not post the specs in Classifieds and get some offers,I might be interested myself

#4 lazygourmet

lazygourmet

Accidental Hedonist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 18:21:17

Correct me if I am wrong... but I don't think that a non-Thai is allowed to pawn things in Thailand.

#5 tonymontana32

tonymontana32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 18:22:43

You probably wont get much from a pawn shop,why not post the specs in Classifieds and get some offers,I might be interested myself

I'm not selling it and I dont need much as i wll only be pawning it for a few days at the most...you see i work here with a good salary but i spent a wee bit too much this month as it was my 3 year old daughters birthday (spoiled her rotten), i have money but i just need an extra few grand or so as i am doing a visa run to Laos on 27th 3 days before i get paid....and i like to enjoy myself for a couple of days in Laos if you get my drift '-)

#6 tonymontana32

tonymontana32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 18:24:10

Correct me if I am wrong... but I don't think that a non-Thai is allowed to pawn things in Thailand.

You are wrong as i have done it a few times myself when i used to live in Pattaya

#7 Pib

Pib

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts

Posted 2010-06-19 22:14:53

I'm not selling it and I dont need much as i wll only be pawning it for a few days at the most...you see i work here with a good salary but i spent a wee bit too much this month as it was my 3 year old daughters birthday (spoiled her rotten), i have money but i just need an extra few grand or so as i am doing a visa run to Laos on 27th 3 days before i get paid....and i like to enjoy myself for a couple of days in Laos if you get my drift '-)

Assuming you do pawn the laptop and then get it back after payday, it appears your spending habits may have you pawning the laptop again before the end of next month.

#8 kuifje

kuifje

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 2010-06-20 00:00:15

Most pawn shops will accept foreigners who live here(with a address in Thailand).

They don't give much for items such as laptops, camera's, etc. They prefer gold.

The interest rate's are very reasonable, so don't worry about that.

Don't forget to see the expire date of you pawning, after that date you will lose your property.

#9 axllau

axllau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 2010-06-20 00:13:23

yes there is a pawn shop beside sukhumvit main street
between soi 73 -77
about 500 meter from bts on nut
i walk thru thr everyday

#10 tonymontana32

tonymontana32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 2010-06-20 00:27:29

between soi 73 -77
i walk thru thr everyday

Cheers mate, that's the kind of info i need!! Much appreciated axllau i will go there tomorrow to see what they will give me. Do you know if they accept electronic items?

#11 axllau

axllau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 2010-06-20 04:15:19

between soi 73 -77
i walk thru thr everyday

Cheers mate, that's the kind of info i need!! Much appreciated axllau i will go there tomorrow to see what they will give me. Do you know if they accept electronic items?

sorry dude
i just walk pass by
never go inside

#12 SirDougless

SirDougless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 2010-06-20 15:45:49

You are wrong as i have done it a few times myself when i used to live in Pattaya

A few extra grand in Baht I assume. Less than $100? Done it before?

Living the dream ...

#13 tonymontana32

tonymontana32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 2010-06-20 16:26:39

A few extra grand in Baht I assume. Less than $100? Done it before?

Living the dream ...

If you cant post a decent answer then why post? I work here with a beautiful 3 year old daughter & wife so yes in fact i am "living the dream". Ya fuc_kin muppet!!!

#14 TenDreams

TenDreams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 2010-06-21 15:05:26

[/quote]
If you cant post a decent answer then why post? I work here with a beautiful 3 year old daughter & wife so yes in fact i am "living the dream". Ya fuc_kin muppet!!!
[/quote]

Hah hah hah! Nice!!

There are a couple at the Klong Tan (Petchaburi) end of Sukhumvit 71, haven't been in them, but I think there are at least 2 pawn shops up there.
Good luck!

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: