View New Content Help  
Photo
- - - - -

Is Attraction To Ladyboys A Gay Thing, Or Not?

393 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Attraction To Ladyboys A Gay Thing, Or Not?

Are you attracted to ladyboys (legal age of course)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 05:31:39

My presumption is that most men who identify as gay are NOT sexually interested in ladyboys. This subject comes up frequently on this site when ladyboys are mentioned, with mostly straight posters saying the whole thing is a gay thing, that if you're into LBs you must be gay.

My view is that the vast majority of mainstream gay men are not interested sexually in real or fake females, so there is nothing gay about it.

So here's your chance to voice your preference on this curious topic.

The main intention here is to see the percentage of gay men into LBs or not.
However, I figure bis and straights will also read this and may wish to vote, so I have included those options as well.

Yes, I do realize that some people don't accept the standard labels of gay, bi, or straight. One poll can't cover everything in the universe, for example vegetarian cannibal carrotcake-sexuals, NOT covered!

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 05:39:59.

#2 LaoPo

LaoPo

Hungry for Freedom of Speech Member

• Advanced Members
  • 13,237 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 05:34:58

Is Attraction To Ladyboys A Gay Thing, Or Not?

NO.

I'm not voting since I'm not Bulgarian.

LaoPo

#3 endure

endure

Nocturnal Spooner

• Honorary Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 05:38:04

:coffee1:

#4 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 13:51:23

Don't y'all vote at once, it might crash the servers!

Hmmmm, maybe a picture will help?

Attached File  ladyboys_web.jpg   262.15KB   284 downloads

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 14:21:14.

#5 JohnLeech

JohnLeech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 14:48:04

Without any sort of definition of "ladyboy" (and in this case a picture doesn't speak a thousand words) I am afraid the poll is meaningless.

The term is so used (and abused) that it encompasses anything from those who have had "the full op" (bits added and bits taken away) to those who are simply "a bit fem", via transgenders, transexuals and transvestites (many of whom are not gay at all).

Even in Thai the term "katoey" covers much the same field, and slight differences in pronunciation refer to very different beings. "Katoy", for example, means post-op, while "katöy" means fem (or "ladyboy short hair", as it has been described to me!).

Edited by JohnLeech, 2010-08-11 15:12:30.

#6 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 15:19:08

Again, I would like to welcome everyone, gay, bi, and straight to vote in this poll about attraction to Thai ladyboys. Don't let the fact that it is in the gay forum put you off.

#7 Loz

Loz

Existential Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 15:59:03

It used to be of concern to me that I found them attractive. I'm straight, but sexy is sexy. End of Story.

I doubt many straight guys could look at the above picture and not have impure thoughts.

Reminds me of a very old TV ad in the UK for a body spray. " Men just can't help acting on impulse" :huh:

:bah: :( :ph34r: :whistling:

#8 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 16:50:27

My assumption is that ladyboys are for guys suppressing their homosexuality and have found a partial solution they can deal with psychologically (it's not really a man if it has implants and lipstick).

Another question might be, are ladyboys gay?

#9 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 18:34:21

My assumption is that ladyboys are for guys suppressing their homosexuality and have found a partial solution they can deal with psychologically (it's not really a man if it has implants and lipstick).

I personally think your theory is complete bunk. In this day and age in most certainly Thailand, if you like guys, you can get a guy. If you want to be discreet about, you can, no problem. Your orientation is what YOU think it is. When straight guys call a hetero man who goes with a LB gay, that is often meant as an insult but unless the man SELF identifies as gay, he isn't gay.

Are LB's gay? That is a more complex question. But the same general theory applies. In their own minds if they identify as being a female inside, they are only gay is they are lesbian oriented to other females or female identified LB's.

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 18:35:04.

#10 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 18:36:13

I doubt many straight guys could look at the above picture and not have impure thoughts.

Indeed, makes sense to me. I also doubt most self identified gay men looking at that picture of lady looking human beings would be sexually stirred in the slightest. Why be gay or even think of yourself as gay if you go for real or modified ladies? That's silly.

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 18:38:19.

#11 eurasianthai

eurasianthai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 18:47:04

Here is a picture of some of the Hua Hin ladyboys I took quite a long time ago.

Posted Image

And to answer you question:

If you're attracted to ladyboys because they look like beautiful women (sometimes), it is not a gay thing.
If you're attracted to ladyboys because they're ladyboys, it is a gay thing.

I think :D

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 18:49:04

And yet another questions is "Who cares?"

In a purely selfish and self interested vein, why wouldn't straight men applaud the presence (increasse?) of gays, ladyboys, etc. Fewer "real" men chasing women means the increased supply of ladies available :)

#13 zaphodbeeblebrox

zaphodbeeblebrox

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 18:49:07

Most gays I know in Thailand are not into ladyboys. And why should they be? They are attracted to men, and not the image of a woman. I think most ladyboys are gay, but prefer to live as women. Ladyboys aren't attracted to other ladyboys or women (despite that being the fantasy of many hetero males.
;)

I think that men that go for ladyboys are not gay. If they were, as Jing says, they would have no problem finding an accommodating Thai male. I think they're just into an exotic-fetish kind of thing. It's something different. They're still attracted to the image of a woman, but it's just some different plumbing when it comes down to doing the dirty.

Just my personal observations.:ph34r:

#14 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 18:53:48

The bottom line (wink wink) is that sexual orientation is mostly in your head (the one above your neck) ...

#15 MB1

MB1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 19:18:00

It used to be of concern to me that I found them attractive. I'm straight, but sexy is sexy. End of Story.

Reminds me of a very old TV ad in the UK for a body spray. " Men just can't help acting on impulse" :huh:

Heres a pic of a freind I've known sometime now, I've been out with many times and some guy's indeed have impure thoughts and even sometimes get quite a shock when finding out that Dow no longer has a *****.

Attached Files

#16 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 21:32:19

She looks to have some real "F.H." potential. Sorry, I shouldn't have (but I did).

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 21:38:20.

#17 bifftastic

bifftastic

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 21:57:10

All the gay men that I know are attracted to other men. They wouldn't find a ladyboy attractive. Transvestite men, although often camp, are often not gay, they just like to dress as women (that one does confuse me by the way :lol:)
I would say that a ladyboy is a transsexual, a woman 'trapped' in a man's body and therefore not gay (as JT pointed out sexual orientation is about one's own perception of oneself)
For me, being heterosexual, I find the female form attractive so yes, I would be attracted to a ladyboy. If that person fitted my 'type' if you like, however, I'm not sure I'd take it any further than that. I certainly wouldn't if that person was 'pre-op' and still had male genitalia. Post-op, I don't know, the situation has never arisen....I think...or has it?....hmmm :lol: anyway, if you can't tell, who cares? :D

#18 bifftastic

bifftastic

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:00:31

Heres a pic of a freind I've known sometime now, I've been out with many times and some guy's indeed have impure thoughts and even sometimes get quite a shock when finding out that Dow no longer has a *****.

Yep, she's gorgeous :)

#19 Pdaz

Pdaz

Submersible Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:20:52

If you put a pig in a bear costume it's still a pig.. I can understand the idea of a gay man who is attracted to men not being attracted to a man who resembles as woman.. But why would a straight have sex with a man even if he does resemble a woman.. Yes there are some very sexy looking khatoeys.. Great boobs, nice looking butt.. But it's still a guy whatever colour he paints his nails and intercourse with a same sex partner is defined as homosexual or Lesbian.. And as both of them are guys they ain't no lesbos...

Maybe there just aren't enough labels.. but to me any man who enters into sexual activilty with a same sex partner is homesexual (AKA Gay) He may be in denial and just shy of admitting he likes very feminine men.. But I just see it as a way to get his hands on the meat and two veg with the old excuse ready. ''I didn't know it was a bloke'

If it oinks it's a pig !

#20 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:24:22

If this LB lover doesn't feel that he is gay, yet you insist on calling him gay, there is a conflict there. I think the person actually involved in the thing is much more important than some simplistic interpretation. You may disagree. Sexual psychologists are on my side.

Also to consider, sex acts and sexual orientation are NOT the same thing. Consider prison. A man may be involved in a sexual relationship in there for 10 years, and never feel for a second that he is a gay man. Gay sex and gay ORIENTATION is not the same thing. Even outside prison, in some macho cultures a masculine "top" may be considered a "real man" and may not feel that he himself is gay, feeling only the bottom is gay. So there are cultural differences in all this, of course.

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 22:32:33.

#21 bartender100

bartender100

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:32:03

On topic and very funny, please watch it to the end. Alan Partridge

#22 eurasianthai

eurasianthai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:53:50

I can understand the idea of a gay man who is attracted to men not being attracted to a man who resembles as woman.. But why would a straight have sex with a man even if he does resemble a woman.. Yes there are some very sexy looking khatoeys.. Great boobs, nice looking butt.. But it's still a guy whatever colour he paints his nails and intercourse with a same sex partner is defined as homosexual or Lesbian.. And as both of them are guys they ain't no lesbos...

If you go back to Roman times, 2000 years ago, they were not that concerned by who was gay or who was straight.
There was not such definitions anyway.
For men and women, sex was sex and anything related to it was an experience to enjoy.
The gay, lesbian, straight definitions are pretty recent.

Edited by eurasianthai, 2010-08-11 22:57:07.

#23 neverdie

neverdie

Fark hew.

• Advanced Members
  • 13,442 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:54:03

:coffee1:

Im attracted to anyone who's shouting coffee. :ph34r:

#24 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,434 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 22:56:25

I can understand the idea of a gay man who is attracted to men not being attracted to a man who resembles as woman.. But why would a straight have sex with a man even if he does resemble a woman.. Yes there are some very sexy looking khatoeys.. Great boobs, nice looking butt.. But it's still a guy whatever colour he paints his nails and intercourse with a same sex partner is defined as homosexual or Lesbian.. And as both of them are guys they ain't no lesbos...

If you go back into Roman times, 2000 years ago, they were not that concerned by who was gay or who was straight.
There was not any such definition anyway.
Men or women, sex was sex and anything related to it was an experience to enjoy.
The gay, lesbian, straight definitions are pretty recent.

I would agree the labeling is historically recent but it has certainly taken hold over much of the globe, and while it may be limiting for some, it does at least provide a framework to talk about the different kinds of sexuality. After all, among humans, there are only so many sexes you can sleep with ...

I do think that if an individual for whatever reason doesn't feel the standard labels of gay, bi, or straight apply to him, it is a shame if those labels are forced on people, but the reality is, they often are.

BTW, not an expert but I don't think your picture of Roman sexuality is exactly right either.

Edited by Jingthing, 2010-08-11 23:02:33.

#25 RedQualia

RedQualia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 2010-08-11 23:03:54

Reminded of a line from an old Cheech & Chong bit. Can't remember which, but I think he's in front of the judge on a charge of rape. "How do you plead?" "I plead insanity. I'm just crazy about that stuff..."

Beautiful is beautiful. OTOH, not all ladyboys are such. Walking down Sukhumvit and seeing a ladyboy over six feet tall, tattooed biceps, leering at me from that manly face... That's a bit far from beautiful. What percentage of ladyboys are so for economic reasons (and not because of their "inner she"), I wonder...

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: