11 replies to this topic

#1 Lammbock

Lammbock

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 2010-10-11 21:44:22

Hey Guys,

My best Buddy visits me for the first time and he never being to Thailand before.
So i would like to make it as easy as possible for him to get true the immigration at Swappy.

So can anyone direct me to a download for that whit arrival card which you get in the plane before you landing?

Would be a great help.

Best Regards,
Lammbock :jap:

#2 Crossy

Crossy

Bull Powered Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,175 posts

Posted 2010-10-11 21:59:03

Not exactly rocket science to fill out, but here's a sample:-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT Actually I note that the Departure Card has the same flight number as the arrival, this is incorrect, just leave it blank until you leave.

#3 Lammbock

Lammbock

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 2010-10-11 22:18:06

WOW!! Crossy!
You nailed right there cause my friend exactly is a German! Thanks!

(Rocket Sicience) <-- Classic! :D

#4 Sophon

Sophon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 2010-10-11 23:57:00

Posted Image

EDIT Actually I note that the Departure Card has the same flight number as the arrival, this is incorrect, just leave it blank until you leave.

Shouldn't "Next city/Port of disembarkation" be Frankfurt rather than Bangkok?

Sophon

#5 MTH

MTH

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 2010-10-12 04:31:59

Posted Image

Sophon

No, Bangkok is correct. That's were the person is disembarking the flight.

I must say housewives in Frankfurt makes a decent salary B)

#6 rodcourt49

rodcourt49

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 2010-10-12 07:11:14

Posted Image

Sophon

..probably make good frankfurters as well

#7 Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn

I can't re Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 2010-10-12 08:20:52

WOW!! Crossy!

Hey Crossy!! If you play your cards right (and her avatar is a true likeness), you're well in there!!!

Edited by Cuchulainn, 2010-10-12 08:21:26.

#8 Sophon

Sophon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 2010-10-12 14:27:56

Posted Image

Sophon

Actually, I still think it should be Frankfurt. That section of the card is used for statistical purposes, and they already know you arrived in Bangkok, I believe they now want to know where you are going next. If they really wanted to know in which Thai city you arrived then I don't think they would have used the wording "Next city" which seems to point to the future.

But I could very well be wrong, and whatever you fill out (or don't fill out) in this section doesn't really matter anyway as it s not checked by the immigration officer.

Sophon

#9 Crossy

Crossy

Bull Powered Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,175 posts

Posted 2010-10-12 16:25:18

WOW!! Crossy!

Hey Crossy!! If you play your cards right (and her avatar is a true likeness), you're well in there!!!

My wife just took delivery of some ducks, ceramic kitchen knives and balloons :(

#10 mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 2010-10-12 18:02:25

My wife just took delivery of some ducks, ceramic kitchen knives and balloons :(

Nice one Crossy!!!!!!

Edited by Crossy, 2010-10-12 20:50:41.
fixed the quote

#11 NanLaew

NanLaew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts

Posted 2010-10-13 15:58:05

Actually, I still think it should be Frankfurt. That section of the card is used for statistical purposes, and they already know you arrived in Bangkok, I believe they now want to know where you are going next. If they really wanted to know in which Thai city you arrived then I don't think they would have used the wording "Next city" which seems to point to the future.

But I could very well be wrong, and whatever you fill out (or don't fill out) in this section doesn't really matter anyway as it s not checked by the immigration officer.

Sophon

Correct. The "From" is where you came from before arriving in Bangkok. The "Next City" is where you are going after you leave Bangkok, ie. when you surrender this card at the airport, where you are going next.

If Crossy has been saying he's going to Bangkok every time he leaves Bangkok, maybe that's why the TAT tourist arrival numbers are such a mess!!!

#12 MTH

MTH

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 2010-10-13 20:19:34

Sophon

Correct. The "From" is where you came from before arriving in Bangkok. The "Next City" is where you are going after you leave Bangkok, ie. when you surrender this card at the airport, where you are going next.

If Crossy has been saying he's going to Bangkok every time he leaves Bangkok, maybe that's why the TAT tourist arrival numbers are such a mess!!!

The form is actually on the back of the arrival card, that you surrender on arrival.
Not on the back of the departure card.

However with wording like this, no wonder we see topics like: Thailand Not Ready For English As Second Language

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: