Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boater

Has Any Of The Radiation From Japan Been Dedected In Thailand?

7 posts in this topic

As the Title mentions, has Thailand had any radiation impact from Japan? or is there any equipment to check if there is?

The reason for the OP, as Radiation is now hitting Europe, and is expected to hit the UK shortly ( and Thailand is a lot closer )

link here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368716/Japan-nuclear-crisis-Britain-radiation-risk-Fukushima-heats-AGAIN.html

Radiation from Japan heads east due to wind, so it would be detected there first even though Thailand, Korea, China, etc are closer. Yes they could detect it, the government has been operating a nuclear reactor for over 40 years already

crt_radiationmodel_E_20110317062146.jpg

Any radiation detected in the UK will have gone via the US and over the Atlantic.

I bet some of the girls at Baccara have received a few doses :)

The levels are about one millionth of the natural background radiation

I doubt there is anything to worry about, IF it goes around the world to get here.

The in-laws warned us not to go outside if it rained as "the radiation from Japan' is in the rain and will make us all sick.

Not sure what smiley is appropriate for this comment, so I'll let it stand as it is.

If any Japan source radiation did fall on Thailand, they probably wouldn`t tell us.

Bad for business.