27 replies to this topic

#1 djcoops

djcoops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 2005-10-02 15:39:57

Hi

Just moved to Bangkok and looking to join a tennis club in the centre of town. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction and suggest a couple of clubs worth joining.

Cheers

#2 paulfr

paulfr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 2005-10-02 16:31:01

Alot depends on what you are expecting in terms of facilities, available players, amount you are willing to spend, etc.

I play at Santisook on Sukhumvit Soi 38.
8 Courts, 3 of which are under roof with bad lighting.
A knocker costs 1-200B/hr; Court with ballboy is about another 100B.
It is not easy to get a reservation as they book the entire month up right away.
So I play early around 7 or 8 am.

Surasak Club down at Surasak BTS has about 6 courts.
Again it is ahrd to get a court there during prime hours.

Many courts out at National Stadium ... some 25 I believe ... but no knockers to hit with usually.

More expensive options are the British Club (60K THB dues per year)
And the Exclusive Royal Bangkok Sports Club (130K THB dues and you need a sponsor to be considered for membership.)

PM (private message) me for more info if you want.

What is your playing level ?? From what country ??

#3 scosco

scosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2005-10-11 11:53:32

Hi, there is a great tennis facility with really good hitters and coaches. You can go to the website: www.patana.ac.th/tennisacademy.

Randy

Hi

Just moved to Bangkok and looking to join a tennis club in the centre of town. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction and suggest a couple of clubs worth joining.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 Wanderer_99

Wanderer_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 2005-11-01 13:09:37

Plug for my club:

Soi Klang Racquet club, on Sukhumvit Soi 49 (up from Sumitiviej hospital).

6 Tennis courts plus

badmitton, squash, raquetball, two pools, gym, resturant...

12,000bht / year

can also pay 1, 3, 6 months or daily rate.

Edited by Wanderer_99, 2005-11-01 13:10:36.

#5 Rosh

Rosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2005-11-06 14:19:06

Hi,

I am looking for someone or group to play tennis with, around sukumvit soi 26. If anyone out there is also looking for a tennis partner, please contact me at, roshanara_decroos@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Rosh

#6 Rosh

Rosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2005-11-06 14:23:45

Hi

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,
Just saw your note. Are you looking for a tennis partner as well? There are some courts around sukumvit soi 26, 24, 49, etc.
Cheers,
Rosh

#7 carl999

carl999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2008-05-09 15:50:08

Plug for my club:

6 Tennis courts plus

12,000bht / year

Hi, I have just signed on here, never used a blog before, so I hope this finds it way to you. I am a club standard tennis player, live in England. I shall be in Bangkok in June and again for a couple of months in September so somewhere which accommodates this sounds good. What is the general standard like, is it easy to get to, is it easy to arrange games, is there general club play (as I don't know any tennis players in Bangkok). I also play squash (in fact more than tennis)- do you know of a good squash club? Is there aclub where you can do both?
Sorry about all the questions!!!!
Carl

#8 krberner

krberner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2008-05-30 22:28:04

Would love to play some tennis. I'll be in Bangkok for nearly a month June 3-June 20. kyle.berner@gmail.com

I'm about a 3.5 and just love the game.

Plug for my club:

6 Tennis courts plus

12,000bht / year

Hi, I have just signed on here, never used a blog before, so I hope this finds it way to you. I am a club standard tennis player, live in England. I shall be in Bangkok in June and again for a couple of months in September so somewhere which accommodates this sounds good. What is the general standard like, is it easy to get to, is it easy to arrange games, is there general club play (as I don't know any tennis players in Bangkok). I also play squash (in fact more than tennis)- do you know of a good squash club? Is there aclub where you can do both?
Carl

#9 mauiguy90

mauiguy90

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 2008-05-31 07:23:15

Plug for my club:

6 Tennis courts plus

12,000bht / year

Carl

PM if you want a game. I'm a 3.5+ level player and like to play singles for fun. I play in a bunch of places but normally stick to Sukhumvit 38 or AUA Rajadamri, which is between Silom and Chidlom.

#10 sunflowerhx

sunflowerhx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 2008-06-02 07:01:55

Just started a new job in Bangkok.
Looking for practice partners.

Around 4.0 all courter.
Please contact me if like a consistent practice partner.
Prefer to play near the Sathorn area and players around my age (35).

sunflowerhx@gmail.com

Regards
Jason.

#11 carl999

carl999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2008-06-03 14:27:41

Alot depends on what you are expecting in terms of facilities, available players, amount you are willing to spend, etc.

It is not easy to get a reservation as they book the entire month up right away.

Many courts out at National Stadium ... some 25 I believe ... but no knockers to hit with usually.

And the Exclusive Royal Bangkok Sports Club (130K THB dues and you need a sponsor to be considered for membership.)

No idea how this works or how to send you a message- no instructions! I will be in Bangkok on 9.6.08 and would be interested in a game. I am club team level in England

#12 shintan17

shintan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 2008-06-06 22:14:15

Would love to play some tennis. I'll be in Bangkok for nearly a month June 3-June 20. kyle.berner@gmail.com

I'm about a 3.5 and just love the game.

Plug for my club:

6 Tennis courts plus

12,000bht / year

Carl

I am just relocated to Bangkok and also would love to hit with different people. Give me an email at shintan17@hotmail.com
I am available in the afternoon through all the evenings most of the time.

Shin,

#13 shintan17

shintan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 2008-06-06 22:16:27

Plug for my club:

6 Tennis courts plus

12,000bht / year

Carl

PM if you want a game. I'm a 3.5+ level player and like to play singles for fun. I play in a bunch of places but normally stick to Sukhumvit 38 or AUA Rajadamri, which is between Silom and Chidlom.

I play at Soi 38 sometimes too. Shoot me an email at shintan17@hotmail.com if you would like to hit!! I am a solid 4.0.

Shin,

#14 bbw

bbw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 2008-07-16 23:22:36

not sure if these were mentioned:

Ari Tennis, Soi 26. newest courts, they just redid them a few months ago. court is 250 baht/hour and knockers are 300 - 400 baht/hour. nice people and coaches, tho if you don't speak some thai it may be difficult.

Tobacco Monopoly (near Rama IV entrance). old courts showing their age, but only 90 baht/hour. good for lessons and practice. no idea how you reserve these, they are often open in the morning and midday, showers there, too.

Nai Lert Park Hotel. two courts. pricey for non-members (500 baht per person, per day, assuming courts are free) but relatively inexpensive annual membership, which includes their gym and swimming pool.

Conrad Hotel. two courts. a little more expensive than Nai Lert Park.

if anyone wants to play, i'm probably a 3.5, play a few times a week (mostly in the morning), would love some new hitting partners!

#15 paulfr

paulfr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 2008-07-20 09:43:24

Tobacco Monopoly (near Rama IV entrance). old courts showing their age, but only 90 baht/hour. good for lessons and practice. no idea how you reserve these, they are often open in the morning and midday, showers there, too.

Really ??
I drive thru The Tobacco Co almost every day and did not know this.
Guess I will have to go looking for them.
Thanks

#16 joakb

joakb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 2008-09-24 10:44:06

Just moved to Bangkok, I would like to find opponent, any level. I am 30 years old Belgian (speak French, English, een beetje het Nederland), I play just for fun, not that bad, not that good either :-)

I live near On Nut BTS station but I am flexible about location and time. Drop me a message if your are interested.

#17 bravingbangkok

bravingbangkok

DOUGLAS C.NEIDERMEYER 'KILLED IN VIETNAM BY HIS OWN TROOPS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 2008-09-26 19:05:14

Join the British club :o has 4 tennis courst, squash courts, swimming pool, club house and lots of events :D

http://www.britishclubbangkok.org/

#18 guig

guig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 2009-03-07 11:13:30

I have recently relocated to Thailand and have moved to the Ari area of Bangkok for 12 months. I currently play at the Army Tennis courts across from Sanam Pao BTS but I can catch the BTS to other courts in the area. I have played and coached tennis all my life and was still playing A Grade in Sydney before I left.

If any Tv members would like to contact me for a hit I am available most days either in the mornings 7-10am or late afternoon 4-7pm.

My email address is guig2001@hotmail.com

#19 bluefish

bluefish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 2009-03-21 10:22:15

i am applying to go to Thailand, wishing it would be in BKK. if it works out, i ll be there for 12 months.
i am totally a begginer, hoping to find someone who won't minding hitting with me.

BTW, would be better to find a court with a wall in case of not finding any partner

#20 paulfr

paulfr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 2009-03-21 12:02:01

i am applying to go to Thailand, .............
hoping to find someone who won't minding hitting with me.
BTW, would be better to find a court with a wall in case of not finding any partner

Most every tennis facility has people who will hit with you
called 'knockers'. They all are at the 4.0 to 5.0 level of play.
Few courts have a wall but Santisook at Sukhumvit Soi 38 does.

#21 Nadal

Nadal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2009-05-23 16:18:42

Just moved to Bangkok, I would like to find opponent, any level. I am 30 years old Belgian (speak French, English, een beetje het Nederland), I play just for fun, not that bad, not that good either :-)

I live near On Nut BTS station but I am flexible about location and time. Drop me a message if your are interested.

Hi,

Sounds like you are about the same level as I am. I am currently in Bangkok. Call me at +66 8 51888556 and we can set a game.

#22 ramesh1711

ramesh1711

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2009-06-12 12:21:20

Hi Paul,

Are you still playing tennis in Sukhumvit Soi 38? If yes are you looking for a partner to play with. I have just move down to Bangkok and looking for someone that i can play tennis with. Currently i am going to Charansanitwong to play tennis. I feel its really far for me.

#23 ashivpuri

ashivpuri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2010-02-15 12:31:07

Hi
I just read your post and would like to know if the options suggested by you are still available.
I would need a practice partner and tennis courts.i live around Chidlom,Ploenchit.

Thanks
Aparna

#24 HalfSquat

HalfSquat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 2010-03-24 22:03:14

Anyone know of any indoor courts in Bangkok?

#25 jbrewer

jbrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 2010-06-15 13:53:31

Indoor courts? Don't have a clue actually!

But if you re looking for a good club: I very recently signed up at Le Smash Club after some forum advice... You won't find much better in Bangkok! Courts are great, and prices are more than acceptable. Absolutely excellent price/quality!

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: