14 replies to this topic

#1 BangkokRob22

BangkokRob22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 2011-11-20 00:52:17

Hi,

Looking in the past I found a couple different posts on what settings are needed to get AiS Edge, 3G, and WiFi. Searching for them now I can not find them. Could any direct me to where those posts might be. I plan on getting the 550 THB that gives a couple GB of 3G/Edge data and unlimited WiFi.

Thanks.

#2 jackbox

jackbox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 2011-11-20 01:02:47

AIS GPRS Internet"
apn="internet"

AIS MMS
apn="multimedia"
mmsproxy="203.170.229.34"
mmsport="8080"
mmsc="http://mms.mobilelife.co.th"
type="mms"

#3 lomatopo

lomatopo

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 2011-11-20 09:53:30

To subscribe to that package you would create and send the following service message:

*133*23# SEND

AIS/One-2-Call APN Settings:

http://www.ais.co.th/vas/smartphone/

Not sure about the WiFi? Once you subscribe to the package you should get an SMS which would contain the required username and password for available WiFi AP's. The username may well be your telephone number.

#4 Crossy

Crossy

Bull Powered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 2011-11-27 10:44:23

All the available packages are here https://12calleservi...PWeb/index.html you need to get the one-time-password by SMS to your phone then you can choose the one you want.

#5 lomatopo

lomatopo

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 2011-11-27 11:00:45

For AIS/One-2-Call packages that include WiFi I found this:

To subscribe Wifi, please dial *389# to get username and password.

AIS/One-2-Call Data Packages

Edited by lomatopo, 2011-11-27 11:03:53.

#6 BangkokRob22

BangkokRob22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 2011-11-28 23:31:32

Thanks.

#7 inthake8

inthake8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 2012-10-15 16:08:27

new to these phones. do I also need to have "use packet data" set to on ? Can not seem to get internet working any other way.

#8 CP3

CP3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 2012-10-15 17:00:25

new to these phones. do I also need to have "use packet data" set to on ? Can not seem to get internet working any other way.

yes..you need to turn it on

#9 CP3

CP3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 2012-10-15 17:08:13

Saw 99thb monthly auto renew. If we are on this, do we still need to top up for sim's validity ? or as long as we pay 99thb, the number is valid forever

#10 haybilly

haybilly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 2012-12-26 09:15:34

Saw 99thb monthly auto renew. If we are on this, do we still need to top up for sim's validity ? or as long as we pay 99thb, the number is valid forever

Good Question--I hope someone has got the answer--this could be handy for my spare Sim, if it is not time limited. AIS 'used' to have a Sim called 'Sawadee Naan Naan' or similar, some years back, which would literally stay functional regardless of topping up--my daughter still has one and rarely uses it, but it always works when she puts it in a phone--anyone know if they still issue a similar Sim??

#11 lomatopo

lomatopo

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 2012-12-26 09:48:04

The new 99 baht monthly plan looks to be hard-capped at 75 Mega-Bytes, not sure what happens when you reach that threshold? Maybe they start charging you my the Byte or Minute so be careful.

In theory, that plan should auto-renew every month, assuming you have at least 107 baht balance each month prior to the renewal day, until you cancel it.

One-2-Call have a special SIM: Nan Jung SIM

http://www.ais.co.th...sdee-sabai.html

which gives 60 days validity for top-ups as low as 10 baht, so I guess you could max it out at 365 days for 60 baht (six separate top-ups on top of the initial 30 days)? Not sure what the call rate is exactly as the website is conflicted.

Edited by lomatopo, 2012-12-26 09:52:41.

#12 haybilly

haybilly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 2012-12-26 11:39:22

The new 99 baht monthly plan looks to be hard-capped at 75 Mega-Bytes, not sure what happens when you reach that threshold? Maybe they start charging you my the Byte or Minute so be careful.

In theory, that plan should auto-renew every month, assuming you have at least 107 baht balance each month prior to the renewal day, until you cancel it.

One-2-Call have a special SIM: Nan Jung SIM

http://www.ais.co.th...sdee-sabai.html

which gives 60 days validity for top-ups as low as 10 baht, so I guess you could max it out at 365 days for 60 baht (six separate top-ups on top of the initial 30 days)? Not sure what the call rate is exactly as the website is conflicted.

Thanks for that--I will check it out--and I think that you are correct with the other plan--exceed the limit and pay through the nose!
Reason that my daughter needs a long-life Sim is that, on occasions, she spends long periods out of Thailand and needs to resume her calling on her return; I have a contract so no such problems, but setting up a contract Sim for a teenager could be expensive!

#13 maturebrit

maturebrit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 2012-12-26 12:01:25

why not call 1175 and they will give you the package you want

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

#14 lomatopo

lomatopo

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 2012-12-26 13:36:26

Thanks for that--I will check it out--and I think that you are correct with the other plan--exceed the limit and pay through the nose!
Reason that my daughter needs a long-life Sim is that, on occasions, she spends long periods out of Thailand and needs to resume her calling on her return; I have a contract so no such problems, but setting up a contract Sim for a teenager could be expensive!

How long are the long periods she spends outside of Thailand? Can she leave a SIM with you so that you can keep it "alive"? I assume she wants to keep the same number? Are there any other requirements? Mobile data, low per minute calling rates, specific provider?

Most mobile data plans which do not offer "unlimited internet usage" do charge per minute, on time-based plans once you exceed your monthly threshold, or by the KB/MB on a volume plan.

Additionally, most providers do have usage requirements - the SIM must be used (call, SMS, maybe even a service request) once every 90 days. This rule may not be currently enforced but there is a pending shortage of numbers, and a need to recycle unused numbers.

#15 EBF

EBF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 2013-03-04 20:00:09

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I've gotten onboard with AIS and I'm on a plan that gives me unlimited wifi.

Does anyone know if the username is your phone number, and the password is just the 4 digit pin you receive in an SMS? All the messages i'm getting are in Thai, so I can't tell what's what.

Thanks,

Sponsored By:

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: