Lifan Cross 200

267 replies to this topic

#226 ryanwiley

ryanwiley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 2012-08-15 11:18:55

I'm looking for some US size 12 (Thai size 45-46) riding boots. New or used is fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

#227 dave_boo

dave_boo

haec vita est illusionem

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 2012-08-15 11:47:01

Anyone know how to stop my front brake from squeaking!

Either the rotor is warped or the pads are vibrating. A simple fix if it's the pads is to remove the caliper and apply a thick coat of silicone to the back of the pads (the metal part). Allowing it to dry will form a rubberised surface that prevents high speed vibrations. If this doesn't work a new rotor is in order.

#228 T182

T182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 2012-08-16 01:59:03

Finished a 1200 km Buriram--Khlong Yai--Buriram trip on August 2nd, 3rd, 4th with DutchBike. The LIfan ran beautifully through the rain, up and over mountains, and across sandy beaches. Here is a full write up with pics and our course marked on Google maps.

Here are the numbers from "My Tracks." This is just one way, on the way there.

Total Time: 15:53:58

Moving Time: 9:57:31

Total km: 559.93 km

Average Speed: 35.22

Average Moving Speed: 56.23

Max Speed: 94.34 km/h

Cheers,

Ryan

And all on the original Lifan seat.
You have ball's of brass and an arse of steel mate Posted Image

That said your certainly showing what these little bikes are capable of.
Look's a fun trip.

#229 ryanwiley

ryanwiley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 2012-08-16 06:56:37

Finished a 1200 km Buriram--Khlong Yai--Buriram trip on August 2nd, 3rd, 4th with DutchBike. The LIfan ran beautifully through the rain, up and over mountains, and across sandy beaches. Here is a full write up with pics and our course marked on Google maps.

Here are the numbers from "My Tracks." This is just one way, on the way there.

Total Time: 15:53:58

Moving Time: 9:57:31

Total km: 559.93 km

Average Speed: 35.22

Average Moving Speed: 56.23

Max Speed: 94.34 km/h

Cheers,

Ryan

And all on the original Lifan seat.
You have ball's of brass and an arse of steel mate Posted Image

That said your certainly showing what these little bikes are capable of.
Look's a fun trip.

Ha ha! Yeah, that's not exactly a touring seat! Nothing wrong with it, though. It's a good seat for off-roading, but it's too thin for a 15 hour ride! Need a big, wide cruiser seat that distributes my weight across all of my cheek real estate! We met up at a petrol station with a group of 1500 cc Honda Goldwing riders from Pattaya. Those bikes are like rolling homes. Seats were more comfortable than the office chair I'm sitting in now! We'd have taken them on the beach, though! Posted Image

#230 motocrosser

motocrosser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 2012-08-19 14:42:07

@ dave boo,have just put silicon on the brake pads and yes you were right seems to have solved my problem for now!thanks.it was getting to become a bad noise all the time!

#231 dave_boo

dave_boo

haec vita est illusionem

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 2012-08-19 15:03:06

@ dave boo,have just put silicon on the brake pads and yes you were right seems to have solved my problem for now!thanks.it was getting to become a bad noise all the time!

Glad I could help. There should have been some anti-squeal spring steel behind the pads; wonder where that's at...

#232 necronx99

necronx99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 2012-08-20 15:50:04

I just changed the oil on my cross (1500km).
how often should the gear oil be changed?
I can see the gearbox filler, just above the gear lever?
Where do you drain it and how much to put back in?
I read somewhere that this engine uses shared oil with the crank, but if thats the case why is there a port near the gear lever?
Also, is there an oil filter of any kind?

#233 Richard-BKK

Richard-BKK

Motorcycle Thailand

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 2012-08-20 17:08:05

I read somewhere that this engine uses shared oil with the crank, but if thats the case why is there a port near the gear lever?

All the information you need is in the Lifan owner's manual, do you not have a owner's manual?

#234 necronx99

necronx99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 2012-08-20 17:16:06

All the information you need is in the Lifan owner's manual, do you not have a owner's manual?

I have "a" lifan owners manual and other than pointing out the need to change the gearbox oil pepriodically it studiously ignores telling you how to go about it.

#235 wantan

wantan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 2012-08-20 18:44:41

I have "a" lifan owners manual and other than pointing out the need to change the gearbox oil pepriodically it studiously ignores telling you how to go about it.

I doubt that the Cross 200 has seperated engine and gear oil.
Why not take a picture of the "gearbox filler", so we can help you to identify its pupose Posted Image

There will only be a metal filter screen, no real oil filter. If the bike is new check it after the run in. There may be some small metal parts to remove.

Maybe a user manual helps?

Edited by wantan, 2012-08-20 18:47:47.

#236 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 12:18:37

Anyone change there back tire yet and if so to what sort?the original is very soft and wheres out very quick off road.not sure if you can put anything wider on because of swing arm and chain guard would stop it!

I was going to respond to this sooner, but I just got around to taking some pics.

I did change out the rear tire on my Lifan, with an agressive Moto Z tire from the dirt bike shop in CM
Posted Image

Here is the specs
Posted Image

Posted Image

It did fit, so I took it on a serious ride up the backside of Doi Chang - in the rain. We took pics, but the other guy has them, I will post if they are good.
But riding up some of the different mud surfaces really jammed up in the swing arm. it really made the climbing difficult in places because it trying to stall me out. So when I got back down I decided I needed a bigger chain.
I got a D.I.D. chain two links longer and it gave me about 3 cm clearance to the front of the swing arm but probably less than a centimeter to the sides.
Posted Image

It is looking a little more off road now
Posted Image

And while I was tinkering I got around to putting on new Renthal bars and hand guards as well
Posted Image

#237 necronx99

necronx99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 12:24:04

Anyone change there back tire yet and if so to what sort?the original is very soft and wheres out very quick off road.not sure if you can put anything wider on because of swing arm and chain guard would stop it!

I was going to respond to this sooner, but I just got around to taking some pics.

I did change out the rear tire on my Lifan, with an agressive Moto Z tire from the dirt bike shop in CM

Yes, aggressive indeed. You could probably put it to work weeding ricefields now!

#238 necronx99

necronx99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 12:26:19

I doubt that the Cross 200 has seperated engine and gear oil.
Why not take a picture of the "gearbox filler", so we can help you to identify its pupose Posted Image

There will only be a metal filter screen, no real oil filter. If the bike is new check it after the run in. There may be some small metal parts to remove.

Maybe a user manual helps?

I think I was googling myself into confusion with references to older or other models.
So we'll assume single oil supply and no filter screen.
The port I assumed was for gear oil is probably just a casting plug.

#239 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 12:29:02

Yes, aggressive indeed. You could probably put it to work weeding ricefields now!

About the new tire, I wouldn't suggest it for someone who primarily does road travel. Your cornering ability on pavement is reduced by quite a bit. Also your braking.
I was heading down a steep slope on a paved road the other day; the road was wet. I was engine braking but I stepped on my rear brake and felt nothing happen. I realized that I was already sliding on just the engine braking. I rode it out, but it could have been nasty because I was going though a corner.
The grip is phenomenal on dirt and mud though. But I have a feeling that I have also lost some top end speed because of the larger tire circumference. 5th gear just can't push it as well.

Maybe a bigger carb eh?

#240 taninthai

taninthai

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 12:33:49

Cannock what were the prices for handguards and tyre and do you have contact details
I can only seem to find acerbic guards which are 3000 bht
Thanks

#241 necronx99

necronx99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 12:35:23

About the new tire, I wouldn't suggest it for someone who primarily does road travel. Your cornering ability on pavement is reduced by quite a bit. Also your braking.
I was heading down a steep slope on a paved road the other day; the road was wet. I was engine braking but I stepped on my rear brake and felt nothing happen. I realized that I was already sliding on just the engine braking. I rode it out, but it could have been nasty because I was going though a corner.
The grip is phenomenal on dirt and mud though. But I have a feeling that I have also lost some top end speed because of the larger tire circumference. 5th gear just can't push it as well.

Maybe a bigger carb eh?

I haven't done it yet (others have) , but I still think dropping the rear to 44 teeth is the go to get better overall performance.
I think the stock gearing is more suited to full on moto x.

#242 dave_boo

dave_boo

haec vita est illusionem

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 13:48:38

Canuck...you think about getting those forks painted black so that your bike is more stealthy? I would think it may improve the looks.

#243 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 15:08:26

Cannock what were the prices for handguards and tyre and do you have contact details
I can only seem to find acerbic guards which are 3000 bht
Thanks

I honestly can't remember what I paid for the guards. I bought them back in February and couldn't put them on the Lifan bars because they are solid at the ends.
I only recently got the new bars so that I could put them on.
I can tell you that they were not that much, around a 1000B. this is because they are Chinese knockoffs, just like my bike.
They are strong enough, with lots of aluminum, but the fit and finish is lacking a bit, and they weren't a perfect fit to the Renthal bars either; but only I can tell. They will do the simple job they were made for.
I got them at a Lifan shop in CM, they had bunch of them in a few color choices.
The tire was 1300B from the dirt bike shop beside Rider's corner in CM. I think it is actually called Dirtbike shop. But others know better than me. I was only there once.

#244 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 15:10:58

Canuck...you think about getting those forks painted black so that your bike is more stealthy? I would think it may improve the looks.

I am toying with a few paint ideas at the moment. It is tempting to go blacker.

#245 motocrosser

motocrosser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 15:16:38

Anyone managing to get a wheelie out of these bikes,cant seem to manage it!

#246 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 2012-08-21 16:52:23

Anyone managing to get a wheelie out of these bikes,cant seem to manage it!

Check post 229. Ryan Wyley's avatar is him doing a wheelie on his Lifan.

I haven't managed a wheelie yet, but I haven't tried much. Couldn't do one on my old CBR either.

#247 NomadJoe

NomadJoe

Submerged Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 2012-09-03 21:38:06

Just noticed a new Lifan shop in Phuket town. Heading into town on Chao Fa East road coming from Chalong, about 70m before the fire hose circle, right hand side. As far as I know Stallion in Patong is still selling Lifan too.

#248 Phronesis

Phronesis

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 2012-12-03 22:59:56

I am just about to purchase a Lifan Cross 200.

Any updated reports from Cannuckamuck and friends regarding reliability would be greatly appreciated. All of your bikes should have a few more miles on them now.

I would also like to know if anyone has installed an aftermarket stainless or carbon exhaust and if so where it was purchased. Photos would be great.

Cheers

#249 taninthai

taninthai

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 2012-12-04 19:22:22

One less owner on here now seems moto grosser is selling his , if your near samui might be the bike for you ,sure it has a few little mods/extras

#250 AllanB

AllanB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 2012-12-07 12:26:42

To Canuckamuck,

yes, surely. You are right.
I do the service by my self, than i know is done in the right way.
If you are not able or willing to so so, you need a trustable and responsible dealer or garage.

Tomorow i am goung to modify the engine with change the carburetor to a better one. If that is succeed and result in more torque, than i will change the rear chain sproket (i gues kawasaki ksr).
the cost was pointed to 4.700,- Baht and nothings original will be modified.
In this, if its not really working i can easy change back by my self.
My aim is a top speed of 130-140km/h for a cruising speed of 120km/h.

Will see how that will works out.

i will keep you informed with details soon.

Have always (LI) fun.

Peter

120clicks on Chinese dirt tyres, a braver man than I.

I mate of mine has one, he thinks it is great, ex Paris-Dakar man so he should know, rags the hell out of everything he owns, so I let you know how long it lasts in his hands.

Doesn't strike me as a highway bike at all, but i am a newbie.

Sponsored by:

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: