Penang To Sadao "Danok"

6 replies to this topic

#1 FlyByNights

FlyByNights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 01:15:28

Does anyone know how to get from Penang to Sadao "Donok" overland ?

If someone has done this trip before, suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 7by7

7by7

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,638 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 04:14:03

Moved to travel.

#3 Thanyaburi Mac

Thanyaburi Mac

Platinum Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 06:58:42

Last time I did this run we just took a taxi from Penang all the way up to Hat Yai. Quick and easy via the fast road.

Do a Google for: penang to sadao

Lots of hits.

Mac

#4 lopburi3

lopburi3

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • 51,700 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 07:07:39

I have not traveled that route for last decade but suspect there are still share taxi departures from road in front of Butterworth Bus Station that go to Sadao and onward to Hat Yai. From Georgetown itself many travel offices have van/bus service.

#5 FlyByNights

FlyByNights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 08:32:32

Thank you everyone,

On another note, will there be any problems coming into Thailand (land crossing) with a new Non Imm B visa if I flew into KL or Georgetown to obtain it?

Don't I have to fly back out?

I heard someone mention Thai Immigration will only stamp the visa for 30 days (Non Imm B ), even though it's intended for 3 months (land crossings), but if someone were to fly into Thailand they would issue you the full 90 days (airport)?

Some say they will only issue 90 days (airport & land crossings), even if the Non Imm B was intended for 1 yr?

BTW, is it possible to get a 1 year Non Imm B in KL or Georgetown and actually getting the full 1 yr stamped coming into Thailand, and if so what are the requirements.

#6 E1717007

E1717007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 08:55:15

mini van at any travel agency on the mainland or penang island, the going rate is RM30.

do avoid butterworth bus station, many touts and scammers hunting for your dollars.

#7 lopburi3

lopburi3

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • 51,700 posts

Posted 2012-06-26 09:24:58

A non immigrant B visa entry is for 90 days only/always. Only if you qualify for and obtain an extension of stay from immigration can you stay longer - but entry will always be 90 days by land or air or sea.

Believe Penang requires company registration at 4 million baht level to consider one year non immigrant B visa but not sure of that or if they will even issue as not much reporting from there in recent months (several years).

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: