Warning! Be aware of this email:
phony pay pal email.JPG 80.68K 49 downloads
I noticed it as a spoof because:
- The email was sent to my hotmail account used to collect junk email not to my gmail account registered with PayPal.
- The sender's address was not a valid domain
- The artwork in the header is an obvious copy!
- The links were not valid PayPal links! The links were an insecure http:// link, not a secure htttps// link. They were to a non PayPal domain (linkelserviciodelvino.mx).
PayPal take online fraud seriously by investigating phishing emails reported to them.
Follow these steps to report the email:
- Forward the entire email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
- Delete the suspicious email from your email account.
Think before you click!
Edited by BB1950, 2012-07-21 13:07:31.