Where to begin? I'm in a situation. To be precise - my girlfriend is.
She's Indian. She is 26 weeks pregnant. She's been here on a Non B visa but due some trouble with her job (you can read more about that here: http://www.thaivisa....y-visa-problem/ ) she ended up on a tourist visa. The visa runs out on the 30-th.
Yesterday we've learned that her pregnancy is at risk. I wont get into medical details here, what matters is that she should stay at home and rest. Before we got that information we were planning to fly back to India on the 6th October and get her an ED visa, we wanted to stay in India for 3 weeks and come back. This holiday plans have been canceled for obvious reasons. But we still need to get her a visa.
The doctor wasn't happy about it but he DID allow her to fly there and back suggesting that the sooner we go the better it is (for her and the babies health) But if it's only possibile we'd still rather avoid flying. Hence my question - is it possible to get a tourist visa extension for medical reasons?
Today we're seeing another doctor to get a second opinion on that matter.
To sum it up, the facts are.
- She's indian so she can only get her visa in India (2 hour flight form here).
- She has all the documents for her ED visa (costed her 15k)
- She's 26 weeks pregnant. There is some complications and she should rest.
- Her visa runs out in 4 days.
- Te doctor allowed her to fly but from what I read it's better not to.
thanx for any info,
Edited by manonthemon, 2012-09-26 08:28:30.