• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cm das

Super Bowl Viewing

10 posts in this topic

Any recommendations for a nice, low key place to watch the super bowl & get a good breakfast. I don't mind a decent crowd but last year I went to Outback & could hardly enjoy the game with all the loud drunks surrounding me. Actually I left early to watch the 4th quarter at my school! I was thinking maybe a hotel this time. Thoughts?

The Superbowl is not being shown in Thailnd anymore, its been censured for being 'un-thai'

oh- and its boring too :o

may I suggest you watch Chelsea V The Champions of Europe instead :D

The Superbowl is not being shown in Thailnd anymore, its been censured for being 'un-thai'

oh- and its boring too :o

may I suggest you watch Chelsea V The Champions of Europe instead :D

The superbowl starts about 6 hours after the overpaid V the incredibly lucky!

I can't imagine anywhere you can watch it without any drunks. Apart from hiring a hotel room.

well you could watch it at my house, no drunks here (except maybe me, and I'm very well behaved), this offer does not apply to the superboring/bowl - sorry :o

The NFL Superbowl will on at

Jai Yen Cafe

19 Moon Muang Road

(Next to Mad Dog)

low key & a 42 inch Plasma TV

should be alright to watch there.

Breakfast from 8.00 am.

You expect to sit in a Bar for 5 hours and not be surrounded by drunks?

:o

If those hours are 6-11 am, I don't think it's an unreasonable hope. I don't mind people drinking & enjoying the game. And if they want to cheer loudly that's ok too. Actually I like an enthusiatic crowd. What I don't like is when people get wasted enough so that they no longer pay attention to the game & instead start talking s&%# to the people around them. That's what happened last year & that's what I want to avoid. Anyway, go Seahawks!

As pretty much everyone watching will make it an early morning rather than a late night, I'd expect coffee, tea and bagel abuse sooner than alcohol abuse. :o

Maybe a bit late but here from the horse's mouth - we will be opening at 6am (Jai-Yen Cafe* but will only be serving tea/coffee/softies until half time. After that we can serve beer. However, I won't tolerate anyone getting wasted in my place at that time of the morning, a few beers and some good natured appreciation is cool but as cm das and chanchao imply, we're opening for the sport, not for a mega p*ssup!

Cheers,

Pikey (Khun Jai-Yen)