112 replies to this topic

#76 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,549 posts

Posted 2013-01-12 16:18:33

I passed by Mikes stall in Big-C yesterday and had a falafel sandwich with the yogurt sauce. It was good, but I still prefer Doner King, particularly due to the bread they use. Besides, I actually prefer the mayo based dressing, so there...

Good for you and bless your mayo on Middle eastern food loving heart! However, wouldn't it be special if they offered mayo sauces AND non-mayo ones as well?

#77 RabC

RabC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 2013-01-12 16:57:13

Spot near Soi VC

This is the original kebab stand in Pattaya - been here at least 15 years

I ate at that stand many times years ago, and they are a the better of the bad lot, but I don't actually like it because the use the pita bread and cut their vegetables in cubes as many do.Vegetables should be sliced or fine cut but not blocks.

I am sorry I am really confused, having been brought up in Cyprus eating kebabs from both Greeks and Turks, they both used Pitta bread, what else is there to put a kebab in without turning it into a wrap? I agree that the salad should be finely sliced, in Cyprus it was shredded white cabbage and not lettuce.

#78 jbrain

jbrain

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 2013-01-12 19:53:18

Spot near Soi VC

I ate at that stand many times years ago, and they are a the better of the bad lot, but I don't actually like it because the use the pita bread and cut their vegetables in cubes as many do.Vegetables should be sliced or fine cut but not blocks.

I am sorry I am really confused, having been brought up in Cyprus eating kebabs from both Greeks and Turks, they both used Pitta bread, what else is there to put a kebab in without turning it into a wrap? I agree that the salad should be finely sliced, in Cyprus it was shredded white cabbage and not lettuce.

You ask, we deliver. This Posted Imageis a proper Kebab bread.

Edited by jbrain, 2013-01-12 19:54:58.

#79 RabC

RabC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 2013-01-12 21:05:32

Spot near Soi VC

Sorry I beg to differ, I have no idea where you got that but its not authentic. That's just a sandwich

#80 jbrain

jbrain

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 2013-01-12 21:09:18

Sorry I beg to differ, I have no idea where you got that but its not authentic. That's just a sandwich

Try to enter Kebab bread into Google images and see what you end up with Posted Image

Of course it is also possible that Google doesn't know the difference between a kebab and a sandwich.

#81 raro

raro

The quality poster you can trust!

• Admin
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 2013-01-12 23:01:25

that looks like the stuff I had in Istanbul. That's in Turkey last time I checked....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

#82 RabC

RabC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 2013-01-13 07:11:42

Attached File  DonerKebab_1242517c.jpg   55.29KB   19 downloads

Well this is the basis of the style from Cyprus but adulterated for UK tastes, again from Google. Note the two handed hold, not a lot of people realise they can act as a Gyroscope to guide liquidly confused people home.............

Also this link http://www.obit-mag....-kebab-sandwich about the supposed inventor of the Kekab Sandwich stating he was Turkish and used Pitta. 1971 seems a bit recent though.........

Edited by RabC, 2013-01-13 07:16:23.

#83 Naam

Naam

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,823 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 17:14:14

Posted Image

authenticity depends on the area. the thick bread of the Döner in the picture would be rejected by any Döner and of course Shwarma lover. but then... to each his own.

#84 Naam

Naam

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,823 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 17:27:23

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#85 RabC

RabC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 18:49:53

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

A man after my heart

#86 Ulysses G.

Ulysses G.

Unwanted Member

• Advanced Members
  • 35,063 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 19:27:44

POPULAR

They ALL look good to me! Posted Image

Edited by Ulysses G., 2013-01-16 19:29:05.

#87 yoslim

yoslim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 21:02:52

Posted Image

Where can I find a Kebab like this at a reasonable price with yoghourt garlic sauce in pattaya ? Posted Image

#88 raro

raro

• Admin
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 23:01:50

That's what we are trying to find out with this thread :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

#89 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 50,549 posts

Posted 2013-01-16 23:57:57

Where is this place exactly? I can't tell by the address:

http://www.foodpanda...zza-(-Pattaya-)

Hi

It is on Pattaya New Plaza, 2nd Road, approx opposite soi 8.

I`ve been past but not tried it yet.

Thanks. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Anyone tried it?

Sorry for any misdirection.Posted Image
This place is most likely not what you're looking for.
Garlic yogurt sauce, check.
Thin wrap bread, check
Chile sauce, no check (only packaged sugary Thai "hot" sauce)
Meat, I won't say anything as to be polite Posted Image

#90 seasia

seasia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 2013-01-18 14:35:37

As Doner King on Pattaya Klang got a few mentions on this thread, I tried it for the first time a few nights ago.

I had a beef kebab, tasted fine to me.

I thought the service was a little on the slow side but kebab above average and will return.

Glad it was mentioned.

ThanksPosted Image

#91 raro

raro

• Admin
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 2013-01-18 23:35:48

Santorini off walking street in the Arab corner. No yoghurt, but tahini. No lamb but chicken. Shwarma wrapper. Tasty, but only two raros lacking lamb and yoghurt.

#92 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 50,549 posts

Posted 2013-02-06 15:24:06

Has anyone posted yet about this new location of Michael Kebab?

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=33955

Fancy a good tasty and high quality Turkish style lamb shish kebab or a slice of delicious tasting Turkish Pizza; look no further than Michael Kebab Pizzeria. This newly opened Kebab and Pizza eatery is located next door to the Village Chippy in The Village off Third Road (opposite the Fire Station) all courtesy of award winning Turkish restaurateur Michael Kebabs (no joking! – actually it is a nickname Michael has acquired for serving up great tasting
kebabs back in his home town of Adana on the Mediterranean coast in Turkey)

Edited by Jingthing, 2013-02-06 15:24:27.

#93 sotsira

sotsira

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 2013-04-04 12:51:20

Traditional Greek Gyros is now available in Pattaya!

For those of you who have tried this popular Greek dish can now find it at the two fast food restaurants

recently opened in Soi (postoffice) 13/2.  and also in Soi 6.

Called Smart Food and managed by their Greek owners so will get authentic greek Souvlaki and gyros in pitta. 

Check out the link below:

http://www.facebook....artfood.pattaya

#94 raro

raro

• Admin
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 2013-04-14 00:23:36

Well...I stumbled around Soi LK Metro last night and somewhere on Soi Diamond (I *think* it was) I found a Döner booth that boasted having the best Döner in town. From my vague recollections (yes, it was quite late...) They definitely had lamb only (which we count as a plus), a huge portion (yet another plus) and they had Yoghurt garlic sauce. Yes. NO FRIGGING MAYONNAISE!! 

That makes four raros for this place. 

I will try to find the place again in due time and report back about its precise location. The time space continuum had some flaws last night....

#95 jbrain

jbrain

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 2013-04-14 00:31:11

Well...I stumbled around Soi LK Metro last night and somewhere on Soi Diamond (I *think* it was) I found a Döner booth that boasted having the best Döner in town. From my vague recollections (yes, it was quite late...) They definitely had lamb only (which we count as a plus), a huge portion (yet another plus) and they had Yoghurt garlic sauce. Yes. NO FRIGGING MAYONNAISE!! 

I will try to find the place again in due time and report back about its precise location. The time space continuum had some flaws last night....

I stumbled around Soi LK Metro last night and somewhere on Soi Diamond .

is the rest of the review as reliable as your orientation last night, since that seems to have been a bit out of proportion biggrin.png

#96 raro

raro

• Admin
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 2013-04-14 00:44:21

is the rest of the review as reliable as your orientation last night, since that seems to have been a bit out of proportion biggrin.png

ahh...right. Soi DIANA....oh well.....a Soi after all....whistling.gif

#97 Phil Conners

Phil Conners

Bald Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,249 posts

Posted 2013-04-14 10:52:16

Any junk food is delicious after a night on the juice. rolleyes.gif

#98 RabC

RabC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 2013-04-14 15:51:23

ahh...right. Soi DIANA....oh well.....a Soi after all....whistling.gif

Obviously not using the secret Kebab Gyro function.

#99 raro

raro

• Admin
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 2013-04-15 09:04:32

It was a quality Döner, not junk food. rolleyes.gif

#100 sotsira

sotsira

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 2013-04-15 14:35:39

It was a quality Döner, not junk food. rolleyes.gif

Agreed, not all fast food is junk food,

I regard processed foods and microwave dinners as junk food!

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: