9 replies to this topic

#1 TerraplaneGuy

TerraplaneGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 2013-01-14 22:57:42

Hi All,

This is a pretty small-scale question but I'd appreciate a couple of tips filling out my first Form TM7. I'm doing it to get a one year extension of my expired non-immigrant O-A visa (I'm over 50 and already extended for a few months with a re-entry permit). Where the form says "Arrived by ... from ... port of arrival ... date" does that mean the latest re-entry I did (which is just last month) or is it referring to the original entry with my O-A visa over a year ago? I suspect it means the latest re-entry but if anyone can confirm I'd appreciate it. Also, where it says "Reason(s) for extension ..." is it sufficient to simply put "Retirement"?

Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

TG

#2 harrry

harrry

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 2013-01-14 23:03:39

Check the date you are permitted to stay till. Usually if you enter while the visa is still valid you should bbe stamped in for a full year.

#3 TerraplaneGuy

TerraplaneGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 00:05:21

Check the date you are permitted to stay till. Usually if you enter while the visa is still valid you should bbe stamped in for a full year.

Harry,

Thanks but sorry, I don't understand your comment. The form doesn't ask for the date until which I am permitted to stay, and I am not wondering how long I will be extended for. My question is how to fill in the form where it asks for the port and date of my arrival: my question is which arrival do they mean, my original arrival or my latest arrival (since I've re-entered a number of times).

Cheers

TG

#4 harrry

harrry

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 00:31:00

Yo

Harry,

Thanks but sorry, I don't understand your comment. The form doesn't ask for the date until which I am permitted to stay, and I am not wondering how long I will be extended for. My question is how to fill in the form where it asks for the port and date of my arrival: my question is which arrival do they mean, my original arrival or my latest arrival (since I've re-entered a number of times).

Cheers

TG

You can only submit an application for a new extension within 30 days of your current stay expiry. What date does your current stay expire?
No good filling in a form if you do not have to.
And if you entered on a 15 day entry you will have a problem converting to a non -O.
In order to help you it is best to provide proper details.
If you re-entered a month ago you either have a further 12 months stay already or are on overstay.

Edited by harrry, 2013-01-15 00:38:43.

#5 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 52,892 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 00:35:30

1. Latest entry in Thailand
2. Retirement

#6 TerryLH

TerryLH

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 02:14:33

" I'm doing it to get a one year extension of my expired non-immigrant O-A visa (I'm over 50 and already extended for a few months with a re-entry permit)."

A re-entry permit does not extend anything. It simply keeps your current 'permission to stay until' date alive.

Post 5 gives you the answers you asked for.

Terry

#7 TerraplaneGuy

TerraplaneGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 11:20:28

1. Latest entry in Thailand
2. Retirement

Jingthing, thank you!

TG

#8 TerraplaneGuy

TerraplaneGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 11:32:41

" I'm doing it to get a one year extension of my expired non-immigrant O-A visa (I'm over 50 and already extended for a few months with a re-entry permit)."

A re-entry permit does not extend anything. It simply keeps your current 'permission to stay until' date alive.

Post 5 gives you the answers you asked for.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks - I shouldn't have used the word "extended", I just meant it in the colloquial sense that the permit allowed me to stay longer than I would have been able to under the original visa, not in the formal sense.

Cheers,

TG

#9 TerraplaneGuy

TerraplaneGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 16:21:36

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My O-A visa expired in June 2012. But I had re-entered in February 2012 so got the additional 12 months from then. So I am permitted to stay until Feb. 2013. Meanwhile I had to travel, so I got a multiple re-entry permit, which I last used to re-enter Thailand in December 2012. I will now be applying for my first formal extension, from Feb 2013-2014, using the Form TM7. Hope that makes sense!

Cheers and thanks all,

TG

#10 harrry

harrry

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 2013-01-15 19:15:02

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My O-A visa expired in June 2012. But I had re-entered in February 2012 so got the additional 12 months from then. So I am permitted to stay until Feb. 2013. Meanwhile I had to travel, so I got a multiple re-entry permit, which I last used to re-enter Thailand in December 2012. I will now be applying for my first formal extension, from Feb 2013-2014, using the Form TM7. Hope that makes sense!

Cheers and thanks all,

TG

That clarifies things. Just did not want to see you caught in a hard place.
As stated the place and method of entry and date is the one shown on the stamp on your departure card stapled in your passport.
You can and should apply early in case there are any problems with the papers. The extension will date from when your current stay expires but you do not lose anyhing.
Remember your bank deposit needs seasoning if you are not using the income method.
Good luck.

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: