#1 jlelouer

jlelouer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 2006-03-05 13:08:22

Hi,

Does anyone know where to practise judo in Bangkok ?

Thanks a lot,
Jerome

#2 unforgiven

unforgiven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 2006-03-22 01:52:47

there's a few clubs ,one in the thai japan centre near victory monument and one in the national stadium ( :o Skytrain)

#3 BFC

BFC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 2006-04-08 10:51:35

Judo clubs in bangkok:

*Thai-Japanese Stadium at DinDaeng 4 pm to 5.30 pm almost every day

*National Stadium ( National Stadium skytrain station) 6 pm to 9 pm every day Mon to Fri

*Ramkamheng University Stadium . not sure of schedule

if you are into Judo , you may try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Bangkok Fight Club .
we got few pretty good judo players here

here: www.BangkokFightClub.com

#4 longway

longway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 2006-05-24 22:20:43

Judo clubs in bangkok:

*National Stadium ( National Stadium skytrain station) 6 pm to 9 pm every day Mon to Fri

if you are into Judo , you may try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Bangkok Fight Club .

Have you got any more details on where in the NS it is practised? I went there today but could not find it. Cheers

#5 Thaiboxer

Thaiboxer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 2006-05-25 09:42:37

If you try the BKK Fight Club where they teach Brazilian Ju Jitsu, you'll find that it's a little more realistic than Judo. Judo is popular in Bangkok (like Tae Kwon Do) but it tends to emphasize a lot on grabbing the clothing of the opponent which isn't practical in real life situations....regular street clothes may simply tear off.

#6 jlelouer

jlelouer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 2006-05-29 16:25:10

But Judo is not really a "self defense" sport anyway... I don't pretend to use it if I was attacked. Though it could help !

#7 Phil Conners

Phil Conners

Bald Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 2006-05-29 16:46:00

Nobody talked about street fighting, it's a sport :o

Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (aka. grappling) is more like wrestling. Maybe effective - at least if you're physically strong, but not very technical.

#8 Netfan

Netfan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 2006-06-06 00:31:34

Nobody talked about street fighting, it's a sport :o

Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (aka. grappling) is more like wrestling. Maybe effective - at least if you're physically strong, but not very technical.

And as long as there is only one opponent- an unlikely scenerio in LOS. Don't get me wrong - i love watching BJJ guys in UFC, have all the respect in the world for what the Gracie family has done. But BJJ against multiple opponents - i'd like to see a demonstration.

#9 leftcross

leftcross

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 2006-06-07 18:46:44

mixed martial arts are a waste of time. box if you want to learn to defend yourself properly. you dont need to know how to roll around on the carpet for 20 minutes with a bloke in his underpants.

#10 Thaiboxer

Thaiboxer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 2006-06-09 08:38:22

Boxing is good, but it has many limitations. Muay Thai would be better (particularly the old style) as it uses virtually every part of the body as a weapon. The best systems are those used by special forces guys. They are simple, easy to learn and very effective.

#11 beleby

beleby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 2006-06-13 22:06:50

mixed martial arts are a waste of time. box if you want to learn to defend yourself properly. you dont need to know how to roll around on the carpet for 20 minutes with a bloke in his underpants.

Total BS.

The vast majority of all fights go to the ground.

Best defence is to run like heck.

2nd best defence is to know how to fight standing up and on the ground.

#12 BFC

BFC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 2006-06-15 10:08:11

you obviously don't have a clear idea of what the MMA ( mixed martial arts) is. boxing is a big part of it , so is Muay Thai , Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling
it's the complete package: train to fight on your feet and on the ground if you have to.
strike , clinch, takedowns, joint locks , chokes and strangle holds : if you see this a waste of time you must be a very special person...

BangkokFightClub.com

Edited by BFC, 2006-06-15 10:10:20.

#13 jlelouer

jlelouer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 2006-08-18 23:29:53

Here are some news regarding judo classes:

- Monday to Friday : 6 pm to 7.30pm at Ramkhaheng (with national team)
- Saturday : 5 pm to 7 pm at Thai Japanese Center Dindaeng
- Sunday : 4pm or 4.30 to 6pm Thai Japanese Center Dindaeng
In dindaeng, I think they train also every day, but I don't know about the schedule (probably 4pm)

See you there !
Jerome

#14 AjarnUan

AjarnUan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 2007-11-28 15:29:23

Judo clubs in bangkok:

Have you got any more details on where in the NS it is practised? I went there today but could not find it. Cheers

So has anyone figured out where in the national stadium it is?

Also, fyi, Ramkamhaeng is around 5:30-8:00 daily, except Sundays and maybe Mondays. Good workout, but inconvenient for your typical expat-neighbourhood dweller.

#15 longway

longway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 2007-12-02 00:20:20

Judo clubs in bangkok:

So has anyone figured out where in the national stadium it is?

Also, fyi, Ramkamhaeng is around 5:30-8:00 daily, except Sundays and maybe Mondays. Good workout, but inconvenient for your typical expat-neighbourhood dweller.

afaik they dont train there anymore.

i went to the thai-japan centre a few times, then they stopped for a few months, and i havent been back since. only day worth going is saturday, otherwise hardly anyone there. i cant remember the training times, probably from 5pm onward. i will try going again from next month onward to see if it has re-started.

can u tell me how to get to the ramkhamhaeng gym? its hard to find info. on it.

cheers

#16 Nigelmartin

Nigelmartin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 2007-12-02 10:28:11

Just completed my own Dojo in Chiang Mai. Anyone interested e-mail me. Nigel

#17 BangkokFightClub

BangkokFightClub

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 2007-12-02 10:43:04

The easiest way to find it is - just to go to Ramkamheng University Indoor Stadium on Ramkamheng Rd., and ask there about where the Judo is .

BangkokFightClub.com

#18 MrSquigle

MrSquigle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 2007-12-02 11:38:41

Now that was funny

#19 longway

longway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 2007-12-02 21:48:29

Now that was funny

as he talks about rolling on carpets, i think he was speaking from personal experience, and probably lying about the underpants. :o

#20 raro

raro

The quality poster you can trust!

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 2007-12-03 13:59:16

I practice Aikido which involves a lot of rolling around....but not in underpants! :o

There are two major Aikido dojos in BKK in case you're interested!

#21 hermanh

hermanh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 2010-06-08 01:03:25

Hi Jerome,

Are you still in Bangkok?

I am a 1stDan black belt in judo. I live in Bangkok and I too have found it difficult to find an active judo club here.

/Herman

#22 jlelouer

jlelouer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 2010-07-15 13:43:13

Hi,

Yes, i'm still here, and still training ! Training places are changing from time to time, but there is training almost everyday. You can contact me for places / time...

By the way, starting Monday and until the end of July, Thailand is organzing a "training camp" for the Youth preparing the Youth Olympic Games next month. There will be the top (young) players of several countries of Asia. A rare opportunity to train with international players !

Hi Jerome,

I am a 1stDan black belt in judo. I live in Bangkok and I too have found it difficult to find an active judo club here.

/Herman

#23 shiri

shiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 2011-03-02 13:54:04

Hi,

Yes, i'm still here, and still training ! Training places are changing from time to time, but there is training almost everyday. You can contact me for places / time...

By the way, starting Monday and until the end of July, Thailand is organzing a "training camp" for the Youth preparing the Youth Olympic Games next month. There will be the top (young) players of several countries of Asia. A rare opportunity to train with international players !

Hi Jerome,

/Herman

Hi Jerome,
I live in Thailand and i will be very happy if you can help me to find a place where i can train in Judo , I'm 1stDan and i really struggling finding a place in Bangkok, it's seams like from all the Thai People that i asked that they don't even know what is Judo.
Please Help!

Tomer

#24 jlelouer

jlelouer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 2011-03-31 09:15:30

Hi,

Hi Jerome,

/Herman

Hi Jerome,
I live in Thailand and i will be very happy if you can help me to find a place where i can train in Judo , I'm 1stDan and i really struggling finding a place in Bangkok, it's seams like from all the Thai People that i asked that they don't even know what is Judo.
Please Help!

Tomer

Hi Tomer,

you can go to "Huamark Stadium" (Ramkhamhaeng), every day Mon-Fri at 6pm (it is where I currently train). Alternatively, you can train at the "Thai Japanese Center" in Dindaeng on Satudays from around 4.30pm, and probably on sundays as well. There are other clubs in universities as well, but I hardly go there.

See you there !

Jerome

#25 jlelouer

jlelouer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 2011-07-27 14:26:15

On July 30-31, there will be the Thailand International Judo Tournament at National Stadium. A dozen of countries will be joining.

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: