• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlelouer

Judo In Bangkok

30 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know where to practise judo in Bangkok ?

Thanks a lot,

Jerome

there's a few clubs ,one in the thai japan centre near victory monument and one in the national stadium ( :o Skytrain)

Judo clubs in bangkok:

*Thai-Japanese Stadium at DinDaeng 4 pm to 5.30 pm almost every day

*National Stadium ( National Stadium skytrain station) 6 pm to 9 pm every day Mon to Fri

*Ramkamheng University Stadium . not sure of schedule

if you are into Judo , you may try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Bangkok Fight Club .

we got few pretty good judo players here

here: www.BangkokFightClub.com

Judo clubs in bangkok:

*National Stadium ( National Stadium skytrain station) 6 pm to 9 pm every day Mon to Fri

if you are into Judo , you may try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Bangkok Fight Club .

Have you got any more details on where in the NS it is practised? I went there today but could not find it. Cheers

If you try the BKK Fight Club where they teach Brazilian Ju Jitsu, you'll find that it's a little more realistic than Judo. Judo is popular in Bangkok (like Tae Kwon Do) but it tends to emphasize a lot on grabbing the clothing of the opponent which isn't practical in real life situations....regular street clothes may simply tear off.

But Judo is not really a "self defense" sport anyway... I don't pretend to use it if I was attacked. Though it could help !

Nobody talked about street fighting, it's a sport :o

Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (aka. grappling) is more like wrestling. Maybe effective - at least if you're physically strong, but not very technical.

Nobody talked about street fighting, it's a sport :o

Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (aka. grappling) is more like wrestling. Maybe effective - at least if you're physically strong, but not very technical.

And as long as there is only one opponent- an unlikely scenerio in LOS. Don't get me wrong - i love watching BJJ guys in UFC, have all the respect in the world for what the Gracie family has done. But BJJ against multiple opponents - i'd like to see a demonstration.

mixed martial arts are a waste of time. box if you want to learn to defend yourself properly. you dont need to know how to roll around on the carpet for 20 minutes with a bloke in his underpants.

Boxing is good, but it has many limitations. Muay Thai would be better (particularly the old style) as it uses virtually every part of the body as a weapon. The best systems are those used by special forces guys. They are simple, easy to learn and very effective.

mixed martial arts are a waste of time. box if you want to learn to defend yourself properly. you dont need to know how to roll around on the carpet for 20 minutes with a bloke in his underpants.

Total BS.

The vast majority of all fights go to the ground.

Best defence is to run like heck.

2nd best defence is to know how to fight standing up and on the ground.

you obviously don't have a clear idea of what the MMA ( mixed martial arts) is. boxing is a big part of it , so is Muay Thai , Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling

it's the complete package: train to fight on your feet and on the ground if you have to.

strike , clinch, takedowns, joint locks , chokes and strangle holds : if you see this a waste of time you must be a very special person...

BangkokFightClub.com

Here are some news regarding judo classes:

- Monday to Friday : 6 pm to 7.30pm at Ramkhaheng (with national team)

- Saturday : 5 pm to 7 pm at Thai Japanese Center Dindaeng

- Sunday : 4pm or 4.30 to 6pm Thai Japanese Center Dindaeng

In dindaeng, I think they train also every day, but I don't know about the schedule (probably 4pm)

See you there !

Jerome

Judo clubs in bangkok:

Have you got any more details on where in the NS it is practised? I went there today but could not find it. Cheers

So has anyone figured out where in the national stadium it is?

Also, fyi, Ramkamhaeng is around 5:30-8:00 daily, except Sundays and maybe Mondays. Good workout, but inconvenient for your typical expat-neighbourhood dweller.

Judo clubs in bangkok:

So has anyone figured out where in the national stadium it is?

Also, fyi, Ramkamhaeng is around 5:30-8:00 daily, except Sundays and maybe Mondays. Good workout, but inconvenient for your typical expat-neighbourhood dweller.

afaik they dont train there anymore.

i went to the thai-japan centre a few times, then they stopped for a few months, and i havent been back since. only day worth going is saturday, otherwise hardly anyone there. i cant remember the training times, probably from 5pm onward. i will try going again from next month onward to see if it has re-started.

can u tell me how to get to the ramkhamhaeng gym? its hard to find info. on it.

cheers

The easiest way to find it is - just to go to Ramkamheng University Indoor Stadium on Ramkamheng Rd., and ask there about where the Judo is .

BangkokFightClub.com

Now that was funny

Now that was funny

as he talks about rolling on carpets, i think he was speaking from personal experience, and probably lying about the underpants. :o

I practice Aikido which involves a lot of rolling around....but not in underpants! :o

There are two major Aikido dojos in BKK in case you're interested!

Hi Jerome,

Are you still in Bangkok?

I am a 1stDan black belt in judo. I live in Bangkok and I too have found it difficult to find an active judo club here.

/Herman

Hi,

Yes, i'm still here, and still training ! Training places are changing from time to time, but there is training almost everyday. You can contact me for places / time...

By the way, starting Monday and until the end of July, Thailand is organzing a "training camp" for the Youth preparing the Youth Olympic Games next month. There will be the top (young) players of several countries of Asia. A rare opportunity to train with international players !

Hi Jerome,

I am a 1stDan black belt in judo. I live in Bangkok and I too have found it difficult to find an active judo club here.

/Herman

Hi,

Yes, i'm still here, and still training ! Training places are changing from time to time, but there is training almost everyday. You can contact me for places / time...

By the way, starting Monday and until the end of July, Thailand is organzing a "training camp" for the Youth preparing the Youth Olympic Games next month. There will be the top (young) players of several countries of Asia. A rare opportunity to train with international players !

Hi Jerome,

/Herman

Hi Jerome,

I live in Thailand and i will be very happy if you can help me to find a place where i can train in Judo , I'm 1stDan and i really struggling finding a place in Bangkok, it's seams like from all the Thai People that i asked that they don't even know what is Judo.

Please Help!

Tomer

Hi,

Hi Jerome,

/Herman

Hi Jerome,

I live in Thailand and i will be very happy if you can help me to find a place where i can train in Judo , I'm 1stDan and i really struggling finding a place in Bangkok, it's seams like from all the Thai People that i asked that they don't even know what is Judo.

Please Help!

Tomer

Hi Tomer,

you can go to "Huamark Stadium" (Ramkhamhaeng), every day Mon-Fri at 6pm (it is where I currently train). Alternatively, you can train at the "Thai Japanese Center" in Dindaeng on Satudays from around 4.30pm, and probably on sundays as well. There are other clubs in universities as well, but I hardly go there.

See you there !

Jerome

On July 30-31, there will be the Thailand International Judo Tournament at National Stadium. A dozen of countries will be joining.