Ant Bites On My Junk - Again

29 replies to this topic

#1 candypants

candypants

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 15:49:25

no matter how long i live here i always seem to slip into a sense of complacency. I become careless and forget that all important rule -- check the towel before you dry yourself.

it is for this reason, that almost every towel in my house is white, you can see at a glance if the little red bastards with a black section at the back have reappeared as they seem to do without fail at this time of the year. Every towel but one, and it is brown.

well today after a quick shower before i set off to pick up my daughter from school i grabbed the brown towel and and proceeded to dry myself vigourosly, beginning as i always do with my junk, giving my butt a good dry and moving on to the rest of my body.

Seconds later, the burning, searing pain begins as welts start to raise themselves all over by body, not the least of which are below the belt and all over my bits.

The first one appears at my throat and i realize what i have done, i grab the towel, and sure enough, it is alive with the  vicious beasts.

i really cannot explain in words the discomfort that ensued and lingered for the better part of an hour.

#2 TommoPhysicist

TommoPhysicist

Titanium Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 15:50:38

Stop wearing candy pants ........ they are after the candy!

#3 Chao Lao Beach

Chao Lao Beach

Cleanest Air in Thailand at Chao Lao Beach

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 15:51:29

I think the ants are trying to eat those candy G' Strings you seem to wear.

#4 HeijoshinCool

HeijoshinCool

Honorary Bored Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 18:13:22

Maybe a little less "vigorously."

#5 canuckamuck

canuckamuck

Fine Specimen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,332 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 18:36:40

Towel ants, what a pain in the ass.

I suggest you add vinegar to the wash. Ants dislike vinegar.

#6 impulse

impulse

I could be wrong. Often am....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 19:13:52

If the towel wasn't brown, perhaps you'd see them first?

I'm still stinging from a troop of ants that crawled across my bed a few moths ago.  A couple of them got lost in the folds of the sheets and apparently liked the brush "down there".  With the perpetual Bangkok sweat their campfire is still burning on occasion -even months later.

Edited by impulse, 2013-03-09 19:15:04.

#7 Norabone

Norabone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 19:21:04

What sort of house do you live in if you get ants in your bed? Get the exterminators in and clean better.

#8 bunta71

bunta71

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 19:25:59

Same same butt different for me. The bites were on my face because I have this strange habit of drying my face before drying the southern regions and then moving on to the other regions...

#9 lemoncake

lemoncake

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 19:33:33

just stop using towels and blow dry yourself

though still can not understand where you live and how ants get into towels

#10 Songhua

Songhua

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 19:38:31

You dry your nethers before your face?

#11 Fookhaht

Fookhaht

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 20:03:28

What sort of house do you live in if you get ants in your bed? Get the exterminators in and clean better.

Maybe he eats cookies in bed...   whistling.gif

Edited by Fookhaht, 2013-03-09 20:04:31.

#12 loong

loong

Floppy Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 20:33:36

Wash your towels regularly and dry in the sun. In between washes, hang them so that they can dry properly. Then there will be nothing to attract the ants.

#13 Ministry of Som Tam

Ministry of Som Tam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 20:39:53

Only a problem for potless TEFLers living in a dive,try cleaning your grubby little room once in a while!

#14 Sheryl

Sheryl

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 21:52:21

I have experienced the female equivalent while working out in the garden. More than once.. And also once a bite directly into the eye. So I know whereof you speak.

When I was bit in the eye my vision blurred and there I was trying to consult medical texts to see if there was any risk of long term damage except I couldn't read them because my vision was so blurred...and my eye in excrutiating pain. (For anyone unlucky enough to encounter this: the blurred vision will resolve fully, and you should get eye drops containing a steroid to hasten the process).

Their bites contain formic acid.

#15 lemoncake

lemoncake

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 21:56:06

I have experienced the female equivalent while working out in the garden. More than once.. And also once a bite directly into the eye. So I know whereof you speak.

When I was bit in the eye my vision blurred and there I was trying to consult medical texts to see if there was any risk of long term damage except I couldn't read them because my vision was so blurred...and my eye in excrutiating pain. (For anyone unlucky enough to encounter this: the blurred vision will resolve fully, and you should get eye drops containing a steroid to hasten the process).

Ok, so the vision will resolve fully, but what about his junk? will it ever work again?giggle.gif

#16 chickenslegs

chickenslegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 2013-03-09 22:31:18

Ok, so the vision will resolve fully, but what about his junk? will it ever work again?giggle.gif

Maybe, when the swelling goes down.ohmy.png

#17 kimamey

kimamey

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 10:35:58

I don't get a problem with my towels up here in Isaan but ants are a problem sometimes. I guess living in a rural area that's always going to be the case but if anyone has any ideas on how to at least cut them down I would be grateful. I do remember finding white marks that looked like chalk around the legs of the kitchen table which I was told was to stop the ants getting onto the table and it seemed to work. I will try to find out what it was but I expect there will be translation problems.

#18 jocko

jocko

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 10:59:51

I have never had ants chewing the crown jewels but before I came to Thailand I didn't know there was two types of body powder the soft and gentle babies bum powder and a red hot powder for elsewhere so far I have only been caught twice.

#19 NeverSure

NeverSure

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,012 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 11:04:48

Maybe he eats cookies in bed...   whistling.gif

I want a GF named Cookies.

#20 shaggy1969

shaggy1969

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 11:13:00

Pesky little critters,Here's some helpful natural tips to help keep the buggers at bay.

#21 kimamey

kimamey

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 11:34:40

Pesky little critters,Here's some helpful natural tips to help keep the buggers at bay.

Well in my post #17 I mentioned something chalk like that we had round our table legs and after checking it was chalk. This seems to be backed up by your link.

Thanks

#22 Fookhaht

Fookhaht

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 11:59:07

Yeah, biting ants on the towels (and inside T-shirts) that you pull from the drawer or drying rack.   I've had it happen 2-3 times.  Not a fun experience.   My solution?  Dance around and yell for awhile until the pain subsides.  Then make a note:  "shake everything before applying to naked body."  Works for me. 

#23 JLCrab

JLCrab

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 12:32:30

My solution: Dry your stuff on a drying rack and put the 4 feet of the drying rack in cut off water bottles filled with water. 

BTW Your comment heading reminds me of the "Don't touch my junk" incident in USA NOV 2010.

#24 stoneyboy

stoneyboy

A Real Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 12:36:31

I was under the impression the OP was living on a boat,how wrong was I.

#25 loong

loong

Floppy Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 2013-03-10 14:36:52

I don't get a problem with my towels up here in Isaan but ants are a problem sometimes. I guess living in a rural area that's always going to be the case but if anyone has any ideas on how to at least cut them down I would be grateful. I do remember finding white marks that looked like chalk around the legs of the kitchen table which I was told was to stop the ants getting onto the table and it seemed to work. I will try to find out what it was but I expect there will be translation problems.

It is a poison chalk.

Ask for "Chawk gumjut malaeng sahp mot"

It means "Chalk eliminates cockroaches and ants"

In Thai it is ชอล์คกำจัดแมลงสาบมด You could maybe copy this to show the shopkeeper, most small shops and markets have it. 5 Baht for 1, sometimes 3 for 10 Baht

(Hopefully the mods will allow Thai script to stay as it may be useful for people to copy)

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: