• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

transam

Who Would You Really Like To Meet From Thaivisa Posters That Really Are Cyber Folk.

226 posts in this topic

Still waiting to meet pimay1.

We disagree totally on almost all thing politics...but agree almost on all things social/

Strange!

I would like to meet Lopburi, Village Farang, Mr.Toad, Naam. and The guy that has Stalin as his avatar (Bendix?).

1 person likes this

I'd like to meet someone interesting, but ThaiVisa ain't the place to do that .

1 person likes this

.............how about just ignoring the negative stuff, like its a bad smell that will eventually fade? :D

There are many i would be tempted to meet, problem is im a fairly quiet person.
i have met a few though, and thankfully has been pleasant!
Not one i have met has seemed to want to slap me silly for some of the things i write on Thaivisa..but im sure there are a few who might!

2 people like this

ID: 59   Posted · Hidden by metisdead, April 7, 2013 - replies to previously deleted post

I just hope I don't end up hanging out with ex-mod Kata Beach Bum.

Do you have skeletons in the closet too then? rolleyes.gif

I'm sure a few have on here.....

1 person likes this

.............how about just ignoring the negative stuff, like its a bad smell that will eventually fade? biggrin.png

Not one i have met has seemed to want to slap me silly for some of the things i write on Thaivisa..but im sure there are a few who might!

Dancing on Ice!! laugh.png

I always look out for you guys when I go to the rugby, but I never recognise anyone there...

SC

I remember wandering out of Pittodrie last year after a humiliating defeat and bumping in to a fellow I know from Chiang Mai. In a crowd of 20,000 I couldn't believe it.

Is that all Aberdeen get nowadays?

Have you ever been to Pittodrie? It must be the coldest place in Scotland.

I always look out for you guys when I go to the rugby, but I never recognise anyone there...

SC

I remember wandering out of Pittodrie last year after a humiliating defeat and bumping in to a fellow I know from Chiang Mai. In a crowd of 20,000 I couldn't believe it.

Is that all Aberdeen get nowadays?

It was actually a rugby match, the football team couldn't fill a phone box these days. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Sad, the last time I went to Pittodrie was to see Aberdeen beat Hamburg 2-0 to win the European Super Cup, after beating Real Madrid 2-1 in the final of the European Cup-winners Cup!!!
1 person likes this

I'd like to meet someone interesting, but ThaiVisa ain't the place to do that .

Great troll post, bytheway. It's brief, it's unpleasant, and very likely to incite abuse. It as good the way you abused the membership in their entirety, so that everyone had the opportunity to take offence.Also, in a thread that was generally pleasant and good-natured, your little bit of malice could unleash a torrent of spleen as well as exciting the negative whingers. Well done!

SC

EDIT: I'm sure posts such as yours discourage attendance at TV get-togethers, but I doubt you would go to one in any case, and besides, I'm sure that you are more pleasant in person. It would be hard to be otherwise.

:) Thanks.

.............how about just ignoring the negative stuff, like its a bad smell that will eventually fade? biggrin.png

Ahhh...a little slap n tickle.....when you poppin round ?

Jim

Yeah we know. Its a long way from zero to the end though. A long long way.....have a think about it.

1 person likes this

To my knowledge, and happy to proved wrong, Jingthing has not agreed to meet with other members, no doubt he'll be along to verify that.

I believe that posters that refuse to meet other members devalue themselves and what they write, it's a different matter when it's geographically difficult, however if you live in a vibrant community and hide in the shadows it says a lot about where you truly rank your inter personal skills.

Haven't you heard about supply and demand, mate? If it's so hard to meet me, that would make meeting me so much MORE valuable. You sure do like to GOSSIP about others, don't you? Its no wonder you put yourself out there so much. Great for gathering the DISH about people. Good luck with your poster of the year campaign. rolleyes.gif

In Mornington Crescent terms JT you are at least Park Lane....tongue.png

ID: 69   Posted · Hidden by metisdead, April 7, 2013 - replies to previously deleted post

I'm sure a few have on here.....

You're a barrel of laughs...

I have met a reasonable number of TVF personages, and in general have liked all I have met.

Maybe we would never be mates, but always happy to meet them again.

On the other hand there are some I would find interesting to meet, as long as I had the option of not identifying myself before I determined they really weren't totally certifiable, all TVF impressions aside.

There is a decent list of others who have made consistently readable

and reasonable postings and make you wonder if their wit works as fast in real time.

Sadly there is a whole spectrum of 'types' here, that I wouldn't want to share a province with,

let alone meet, with them knowing who I was.

And of course there are many where there is not enough info to make any kind of opinion on.

Such is life, we rarely get on with the multitudes that pass by, only the select few create a true connection.

1 person likes this

ID: 71   Posted · Hidden by metisdead, April 7, 2013 - katabeachbum

I thought they were in the bin in the basement? :huh:

ID: 72   Posted · Hidden by metisdead, April 7, 2013 - katabeachbum

I thought they were in the bin in the basement? huh.png

Mine are at the bottom of the Andaman sea! laugh.png

I'd like to have a piss up with Soundman....although I hear he gets there early and nicks all the free beer.

Lucky I'm an early riser....biggrin.png

1 person likes this

I have met a reasonable number of TVF personages, and in general have liked all I have met.

Maybe we would never be mates, but always happy to meet them again.

On the other hand there are some I would find interesting to meet, as long as I had the option of not identifying myself before I determined they really weren't totally certifiable, all TVF impressions aside.

There is a decent list of others who have made consistently readable

and reasonable postings and make you wonder if their wit works as fast in real time.

Sadly there is a whole spectrum of 'types' here, that I wouldn't want to share a province with,

let alone meet, with them knowing who I was.

And of course there are many where there is not enough info to make any kind of opinion on.

Such is life, we rarely get on with the multitudes that pass by, only the select few create a true connection.

It's an anonymous forum, don't take it so serious.

I would love to have met Ian Forbes. A man who was happy to identify himself and let it all hang out, so to speak.

Sadly the last time I heard from him was when he sent me a PM about certain, um, people that cannot be discussed.

I am thinking similar to Animatic, happy to meet people but generally if I'm incognito, until I determine if I like them.

I'd meet with anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously.