View New Content Help  
Photo
- - - - -

Who Would You Really Like To Meet From Thaivisa Posters That Really Are Cyber Folk.

209 replies to this topic

#51 DocN

DocN

Master of disaster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 21:41:24

Still waiting to meet pimay1.

We disagree totally on almost all thing politics...but agree almost on all things social/

Strange!

#52 midasthailand

midasthailand

Salty member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 21:50:57

I would like to meet Lopburi, Village Farang, Mr.Toad, Naam. and The guy that has Stalin as his avatar (Bendix?).

#53 Banzai99

Banzai99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 21:58:52

I'd like to meet someone interesting, but ThaiVisa ain't the place to do that .

#54 StreetCowboy

StreetCowboy

Country Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:04:51

Great troll post, bytheway.  It's brief, it's unpleasant, and very likely to incite abuse.  It as good the way you abused the membership in their entirety, so that everyone had the opportunity to take offence.Also, in a thread that was generally pleasant and good-natured, your little bit of malice could unleash a torrent of spleen as well as exciting the negative whingers.  Well done!

SC

EDIT: I'm sure posts such as yours discourage attendance at TV get-togethers, but I doubt you would go to one in any case, and besides, I'm sure that you are more pleasant in person.  It would be hard to be otherwise.

Edited by StreetCowboy, 2013-04-07 22:06:41.

#55 DocN

DocN

Master of disaster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:05:30

Go play with yourself, like you always do!

#56 transam

transam

V8 RULES

• Advanced Members
  • 26,847 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:12:40

Yet you are always lurking here. coffee1.gif

#57 eek

eek

Gone

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,338 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:18:58

.............how about just ignoring the negative stuff, like its a bad smell that will eventually fade? :D

There are many i would be tempted to meet, problem is im a fairly quiet person.
i have met a few though, and thankfully has been pleasant!
Not one i have met has seemed to want to slap me silly for some of the things i write on Thaivisa..but im sure there are a few who might!

#58 smokie36

smokie36

Relaxed Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,835 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:28:21

.............how about just ignoring the negative stuff, like its a bad smell that will eventually fade? biggrin.png

Not one i have met has seemed to want to slap me silly for some of the things i write on Thaivisa..but im sure there are a few who might!

Dancing on Ice!! laugh.png

#59 Neeranam

Neeranam

Anonymous Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,772 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:28:51

I always look out for you guys when I go to the rugby, but I never recognise anyone there...

SC

I remember wandering out of Pittodrie last year after a humiliating defeat and bumping in to a fellow I know from Chiang Mai. In a crowd of 20,000 I couldn't believe it.

Is that all Aberdeen get nowadays?

Have you ever been to Pittodrie? It must be the coldest place in Scotland.

#60 Neeranam

Neeranam

Anonymous Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,772 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:30:54

I always look out for you guys when I go to the rugby, but I never recognise anyone there...

SC

I remember wandering out of Pittodrie last year after a humiliating defeat and bumping in to a fellow I know from Chiang Mai. In a crowd of 20,000 I couldn't believe it.

Is that all Aberdeen get nowadays?

It was actually a rugby match, the football team couldn't fill a phone box these days. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Sad, the last time I went to Pittodrie was to see Aberdeen beat Hamburg 2-0 to win the European Super Cup, after beating Real Madrid 2-1 in the final of the European Cup-winners Cup!!!

#61 Banzai99

Banzai99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:31:48

Great troll post, bytheway.  It's brief, it's unpleasant, and very likely to incite abuse.  It as good the way you abused the membership in their entirety, so that everyone had the opportunity to take offence.Also, in a thread that was generally pleasant and good-natured, your little bit of malice could unleash a torrent of spleen as well as exciting the negative whingers.  Well done!

SC

EDIT: I'm sure posts such as yours discourage attendance at TV get-togethers, but I doubt you would go to one in any case, and besides, I'm sure that you are more pleasant in person.  It would be hard to be otherwise.
:) Thanks.

Edited by Banzai99, 2013-04-07 22:54:04.

#62 rct99q

rct99q

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:35:27

Jim

#63 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 54,335 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:38:27

To my knowledge, and happy to proved wrong, Jingthing has not agreed to meet with other members, no doubt he'll be along to verify that. 

I believe that posters that refuse to meet other members devalue themselves and what they write, it's a different matter when it's geographically difficult, however if you live in a vibrant community and hide in the shadows it says a lot about where you truly rank your inter personal skills. 

Haven't you heard about supply and demand, mate? If it's so hard to meet me, that would make meeting me so much MORE valuable. You sure do like to GOSSIP about others, don't you? Its no wonder you put yourself out there so much. Great for gathering the DISH about people. Good luck with your poster of the year campaign. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jingthing, 2013-04-07 22:42:04.

#64 diddums

diddums

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:40:58

.............how about just ignoring the negative stuff, like its a bad smell that will eventually fade? biggrin.png

Ahhh...a little slap n tickle.....when you poppin round ?

#65 smokie36

smokie36

Relaxed Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,835 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:45:16

Jim

Yeah we know. Its a long way from zero to the end though. A long long way.....have a think about it.

#66 smokie36

smokie36

Relaxed Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,835 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:46:44

To my knowledge, and happy to proved wrong, Jingthing has not agreed to meet with other members, no doubt he'll be along to verify that. 

I believe that posters that refuse to meet other members devalue themselves and what they write, it's a different matter when it's geographically difficult, however if you live in a vibrant community and hide in the shadows it says a lot about where you truly rank your inter personal skills. 

Haven't you heard about supply and demand, mate? If it's so hard to meet me, that would make meeting me so much MORE valuable. You sure do like to GOSSIP about others, don't you? Its no wonder you put yourself out there so much. Great for gathering the DISH about people. Good luck with your poster of the year campaign. rolleyes.gif

In Mornington Crescent terms JT you are at least Park Lane....tongue.png

#67 animatic

animatic

Observant member

• Advanced Members
  • 17,236 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 22:56:06

I have met a reasonable number of TVF personages, and in general have liked all I have met. Maybe we would never be mates, but always happy to meet them again. On the other hand there are some I would find interesting to meet, as long as I had the option of not identifying myself before I determined they really weren't totally certifiable, all TVF impressions aside. There is a decent list of others who have made consistently readable and reasonable postings and make you wonder if their wit works as fast in real time. Sadly there is a whole spectrum of 'types' here, that I wouldn't want to share a province with, let alone meet, with them knowing who I was. And of course there are many where there is not enough info to make any kind of opinion on. Such is life, we rarely get on with the multitudes that pass by, only the select few create a true connection.

#68 smokie36

smokie36

Relaxed Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,835 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:03:40

I'd like to have a piss up with Soundman....although I hear he gets there early and nicks all the free beer. 

Lucky I'm an early riser....biggrin.png

#69 Banzai99

Banzai99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:12:59

I have met a reasonable number of TVF personages, and in general have liked all I have met.
Maybe we would never be mates, but always happy to meet them again.

On the other hand there are some I would find interesting to meet, as long as I had the option of not identifying myself before I determined they really weren't totally certifiable, all TVF impressions aside.

There is a decent list of others who have made consistently readable
and reasonable postings and make you wonder if their wit works as fast in real time.

Sadly there is a whole spectrum of 'types' here, that I wouldn't want to share a province with,
let alone meet, with them knowing who I was.

And of course there are many where there is not enough info to make any kind of opinion on.
Such is life, we rarely get on with the multitudes that pass by, only the select few create a true connection.

It's an anonymous forum, don't take it so serious.

#70 FDog

FDog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:15:45

I would love to have met Ian Forbes. A man who was happy to identify himself and let it all hang out, so to speak.

Sadly the last time I heard from him was when he sent me a PM about certain, um, people that cannot be discussed.

I am thinking similar to Animatic, happy to meet people but generally if I'm incognito, until I determine if I like them.

I'd meet with anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously.

#71 smokie36

smokie36

Relaxed Member

• Advanced Members
  • 25,835 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:30:57

I would love to have met Ian Forbes. A man who was happy to identify himself and let it all hang out, so to speak.

Sadly the last time I heard from him was when he sent me a PM about certain, um, people that cannot be discussed.

I am thinking similar to Animatic, happy to meet people but generally if I'm incognito, until I determine if I like them.

I've yet to meet an idiot through this forum. Those willing to meet are real people who post in a manner becoming of themselves, be it serious or funny, simply the mood they happen to have at a particular time.

None of the muppet posters ever attend the meet ups....funny that isn't it?

#72 theblether

theblether

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:34:32

Don't worry about Ian, he's just left Chiang Mai and he's in great form. smile.png

#73 473geo

473geo

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:36:41

I have met a reasonable number of TVF personages, and in general have liked all I have met.
Maybe we would never be mates, but always happy to meet them again.

On the other hand there are some I would find interesting to meet, as long as I had the option of not identifying myself before I determined they really weren't totally certifiable, all TVF impressions aside.

There is a decent list of others who have made consistently readable
and reasonable postings and make you wonder if their wit works as fast in real time.

Sadly there is a whole spectrum of 'types' here, that I wouldn't want to share a province with,
let alone meet, with them knowing who I was.

And of course there are many where there is not enough info to make any kind of opinion on.
Such is life, we rarely get on with the multitudes that pass by, only the select few create a true connection.

It's an anonymous forum, don't take it so serious.

Now that is the type of comment that makes one human and worth meeting......smile.png

#74 Jayroo

Jayroo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 2013-04-07 23:38:27

TV has given me such an adverse view of falangs living in Thailand, that I deter from engaging in any form of coversation with them in the LOS.  (unless I know them well).
Sorry but true. ;)

#75 SeaVisionBurma

SeaVisionBurma

Pseudo-member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 2013-04-08 00:29:37

A number of bickering baiting posts have been removed (and replies quoting them)

This thread has also been moved to Pub, given its content.

Banter is fine, but keep it civil.  Don't use this as an opportunity to simply flame and bait members.

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: