59 replies to this topic

#26 soi41

soi41

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 17:19:37

Many guys think that they can improve their odds of finding their genuine sincere loving princess who isn't just after their money by hunting for her outside the Isaan.

Like all generalizations, there is some small element of truth to it - I do know some districts where every single sign of any wealth has been generated by girls catching farang, and I have witnessed girls being indoctrinated to do so right along with their gaw gai kaw kai's.

Personally I think there's nothing wrong with it, and can only hope that the OTOP program could include training in them doing so properly rather than the current haphazard muddling along. But others don't agree. . .

You made my day, with your OTOP-idea! clap2.gif Hoi OTOP-certified by The Ministry of Tourism! whistling.gif

#27 Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 18:09:46

I have had a Thai girlfriend for over 3 years who came from Sakhon Nakhon, one of the poorer regions in Isaan. During my last stay in Thailand I have visited her village and even helped my GF's family and the local people out with the rice harvest at the time.

I honestly must say that the people at Sakhon Nakhon are one of the kindest, warmest and straightforward people I have ever met. Living conditions are quite rough, but the community feeling is as strong as can be. As mentioned earlier, farming (especially rice) is the main bread winner and both planting and harvesting farms is done by the entire community.

God I miss:

- waking up in the early morning, smelling the delicious Thai herbs and spices of the food that is being prepared for consumption at the rice field.

- cutting my way through 2m high rice plants with a shekel in my hands and a straw hat on my head.

- returning back from a hard day of farmwork at 5PM and seeing everybody smiling at me, laughing at my dirty boots and sweaty face and congratulating me with another survival of the Isaan lifestyle.

- people coming over to the house of my GF because they want to see if the farang likes the traditional Isaan meal they have prepared for him.

I could go on and on with this list, but the point is... Isaan does not solely consist of hookers and muay thai fighters. Behind the wall of prejudice lies a beautiful and peaceful region with one of the most friendly people one has ever encountered.

I have to agree,Isaan and Chiang Mai are the real Thailand,anywhere else is just a poor substitute!I actually smile more when I'm in Isaan because I know how friendly the people are and of course I get huge smiles back from all the locals for it!I live in Bangkok now and I hate the Bangkokians,stuck up compared to Isaan,more like London girls.
The thing about the bar girls is they are friendly because it's their business but it's a double whammy because they're from Isaan,so they're naturally much more friendly than the Lo-So,translucent ironing boards all over The Big Mango!

#28 krisb

krisb

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 18:29:29

The most beautiful people I've ever met are from issan, including my wife.

#29 Munger

Munger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 18:29:49

Most Isaan girls don't work in bars. In fact, many now seek work or a university education.

My younger step-daughter, funded by her mother whose husband decided life without responsibility was for him and abandoned them to become a monk, has a Batchelor's Degree. She works in a family a/c business The younger one has just got a first class BSc and has been offered a double Masters and doctorate course at another university. Other local girls work in the factories or other businesses. A reducing number get pregnant very early and waste their lives.

Very rarely do you hear of one who has gone off to work in the bars amongst the beer soaked farang who create the demand for prostitutes.

Isaan girls usually come from poor families and I applaud any who get of their backsides and earn a living, even if it's in a bar.

Farang who view Thailand from behind a beer glass in Pattaya and such places should get out more.

You "APPLAUD" prostitutes because they get off their backsides.  <deleted>, they are so lazy they earn a living on their backs. And this demand for them is because of the farangs. You need to get your head out of your ass,as most of the demand is from the thais.

#30 krisb

krisb

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 18:34:38

It seems that many people don't realise some Isaan girls are very well educated and have parents that are doing quite well in real careers.

It's sad to see the disgusting way people view one of Thailands friendliest people, sure there are many deserving of a bad rap but not all.

I've read plenty your posts MT, that's the best yet. Well said!

#31 Waterloo

Waterloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 18:44:56

The most beautiful people I've ever met are from issan, including my wife.

+1

#32 Waterloo

Waterloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 18:52:02

What do you consider 'special' about Issan Girls that makes them different from the other areas?

BTW ... I have a soft spot from Surin ... have met many fine folk from the place.

I don't really consider any region of thailand special, or any race of the world.

All I know is there are good and bad in all, Isaan people are quite down to Earth though, very unpretentious even when successful.

I teach my children to embrace their Isaan roots and be very proud of it.

On the same note there are many leeches in Isaan who make it tough on the good ones who are genuine.

Same here

Our little boy will be 3 in november & to encourage his language skills his mother will be taking him & his sister to Issan for an extended stay.

I will fly out latter to join them at the end of the trip.

#33 Mickey Cohen

Mickey Cohen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:12:37

So who has a GF not from Issan? haha

My question is why are farangs almost always with Issan girls?

#34 Morden

Morden

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:27:45

Most Isaan girls don't work in bars. In fact, many now seek work or a university education.

My younger step-daughter, funded by her mother whose husband decided life without responsibility was for him and abandoned them to become a monk, has a Batchelor's Degree. She works in a family a/c business The younger one has just got a first class BSc and has been offered a double Masters and doctorate course at another university. Other local girls work in the factories or other businesses. A reducing number get pregnant very early and waste their lives.

Very rarely do you hear of one who has gone off to work in the bars amongst the beer soaked farang who create the demand for prostitutes.

Isaan girls usually come from poor families and I applaud any who get of their backsides and earn a living, even if it's in a bar.

Farang who view Thailand from behind a beer glass in Pattaya and such places should get out more.

You "APPLAUD" prostitutes because they get off their backsides.  <deleted>, they are so lazy they earn a living on their backs. And this demand for them is because of the farangs. You need to get your head out of your ass,as most of the demand is from the thais.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

#35 Trembly

Trembly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:35:45

I love Isan girls. smile.png

#36 cardholder

cardholder

Platinum Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:37:53

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i do so admire someone who can laugh at their own faux pas..

#37 Star Dust

Star Dust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:43:12

Isaan Rocks..................................and I don't CARE who sais what................ISAAN ROCKS

intheclub.gif

#38 rubberduck

rubberduck

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:44:01

A significant number of bargirls come from Surin. They all have a baby that live with its grandmother.

'A young wife - a long life'

#39 kevvy

kevvy

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:48:38

When a lot of the prostitutes in Pattaya are from Isaan this will generally be the first time foreigners meet anyone from that province in Thailand. They will form an opinion based on first impressions and sadly those impressions last and are constantly being re-inforced by girls from Isaan working in Pattaya.

and you have had experience lurking in pattaya

#40 FunFon

FunFon

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:55:33

-

Many do, especially those you meet in online forums, they constantly brag about their Thai-Chinese or Chiang Mai darlings purer than pure and often rich to boot.

To answer your question because most farang meet their SOs in bars, and most bar girls come from the Isaan.

Also due to the long tradition of this being a main money earner for upcountry families there, often four or more generations now, all the aunties and neighbors etc are encouraging those deemed to be of the type farangs like to see that as their meal ticket from a very young age.

Some of them figure out how to do so without having to actually work in the explicit sex industry, and that is a very positive trend I wish more resources would be put into encouraging.

#41 rgs2001uk

rgs2001uk

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 20:55:36

Answer, me.

Second question, do you really expect me to answer, if I did the post would be deleted.

Plenty of decent hardworking educated girls from Issan, why do so many end up with the wrong ones?

#42 h90

h90

Carnivore Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 21:31:49

So from the usual negative racist ranting we go direct to positive racist ranting.
" one of Thailands friendliest people"

So the Isaan people are now more friendly than the rest of Thailand.....

#43 cardholder

cardholder

Platinum Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 21:36:26

Answer, me.

Second question, do you really expect me to answer, if I did the post would be deleted.

Plenty of decent hardworking educated girls from Issan, why do so many end up with the wrong ones?

Sex.

Sex, and excessive application of the small brain vs the big brain.

#44 rgs2001uk

rgs2001uk

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 21:56:15

Answer, me.

Sex.

Sex, and excessive application of the small brain vs the big brain.

Sex.  Nice one, if thats the case, why are so many shooting off to Pattaya at every available opportunity to go on a "food run"

No farang food to be had in Issan, I see them popping into Staffords for breakfast before heading on their journey.

As for sex, their wives seem to be getting more than the husbands.

#45 arthurwait

arthurwait

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 21:57:57

Surely you can answer that yourself then.

#46 Phronesis

Phronesis

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 22:11:13

I think the litmus test here is easy to perform.

Just go and speak with the owner of any beer bar in Patts, Phuket or other location.

Their number one problem is getting and retaining young girls.

Why...because...unlike a decade ago...there are now more opportunities for Isaan girls to get ahead...without resorting to working for some fat stinking, alcoholic farang.

Who needs a bar when you can stay on the farm...or in a local job and track down a farang on skype.

The real problem however...is now finding a farang with money...most westerner's are drowning in their own debt and have little slack rope to cast a life line to an Isaan princess...

#47 Scully

Scully

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 22:20:23

I live in Issan and I am single, I could date a teacher, a doctor or a 7-11 worker if they would have me smile.png .

The reason my friend is Issan girls have grown up with very little and appreciate a stable life, loving husband and family.

If you grew up in conditions I see daily you would want better for yourself and your family. I sometimes wonder why people stereotype other regions when they have never lived there.

Come up during rice season, work in the blistering sun for 9 hours for a few quid/bucks  and still laugh and smile at the end of the day.

We all have a lot to learn.

#48 Gweiloman

Gweiloman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 22:23:36

I beg to differ. Most of the Isaan girls who work in bars work in bars that cater to farangs and other tourists. You will find very few Thai punters visiting those bars. I also frequent a lot of bars that cater mostly to Thais. Sure, there are also many Isaan girls working there but they work predominantly as waitresses and seldom go home with the Thai clients.

#49 Gweiloman

Gweiloman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 22:24:54

A significant number of bargirls come from Surin. They all have a baby that live with its grandmother.

'A young wife - a long life'

You do realise that even IF (and that's a big IF) a significant number of bargirls come from Surin, that does not necessarily mean that a significant number of girls from Surin are bargirls, right?

#50 rene123

rene123

Platinum Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 2013-04-10 22:41:49

How many times do we have to rehash the same old topic? Issan girls are no different than Chiang Mai girls, or Phuket girls or Bangkok girls. They are just people, and everyone has their own unique individuality. Why try to generalize? People react to how they were raised and what their family beliefs and values are. That can range from A to Z.

And, even in a swamp there are a few gems. I hate the generalization when people continually knock Pattaya and its inhabitants. Pick any city in the world and you will find evil people and true saints who are loving and giving..

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: