36 replies to this topic

#26 chooka

chooka

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 2013-05-21 10:47:39

So when can I expect to buy a cheap pirated copy at the local market?

#27 marcusd

marcusd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 2013-05-21 16:35:25

I can't believe some of the comments. The Chinese are all over the news, for those who could read if they chose, for their border conflict with India, for their outright taking of Tibet, for their claims to both seas in Asian, and for their claims to lands owned by The Philippines, Taiwan, and Japan.

China is a soulless monster that will devour anything it can. Vietnam is afraid of it, It has already basically taken Laos and Cambodia, and if left unchecked it would take all of Asia.

Comments here are as dumb as saying that we should disband police forces and let criminals have their way because the money "wasted" on police could be used to feed the poor.

Asian countries and the West have not picked any fight with China. China is the alligator. But who is going to defend the smaller Asian countries and Australia from China's desire to control all of the resources? Who is going to stop them?

China doesn't have much for military hardware. What they do have is way behind in technology. But they are stealing the technology from the West and are gaining ground. That should worry anyone. China is a communist country with 1.3 billion people it has to house and feed and provide for. It needs more resources to keep its people satisfied, and it's going after them.

It is not the elephant in the living room. It is the alligator in the living room. Good people can sit bank and let China overrun Asia, or good people can stop them.

It is vital to stay a few steps ahead of China in military technology and it is vital that they don't steal it.

Bloody well said. everyone moans about the USA but who do they scream to when help is needed?

I am Australian and what did England or Europe do for us?? Bugger all! it was the USA. .. sure not perfect but I would rather Usa lifestyle than chairman mao.

Oh.... And Chinese are outnumbering us in manpower BUT NOT SKILL. you see... No Asian country has ever..NEVER invented... Only copied and changed.

Chopstiks do not count

#28 davehowden

davehowden

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 2013-05-22 05:22:49

MARCUSD

"I am Australian and what did England or Europe do for us??"

Well I guess they gave you a start in life?

#29 chooka

chooka

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 2013-05-22 05:34:55

MARCUSD

taking people away from thier home and dumping them on an uncharted island on the otherside of the world against thier will is hardly giving them a start in life.

Edited by chooka, 2013-05-22 05:36:50.

#30 Thongkorn

Thongkorn

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 2013-05-22 16:32:03

MARCUSD

taking people away from thier home and dumping them on an uncharted island on the otherside of the world against thier will is hardly giving them a start in life.

Yes but what a Fine Country it has turned out to be. And with The Queen Still head of it,  That should light the fire under this conversation. lets knock the UK for how bad its been in the past, and how good it is now.

#31 Scott

Scott

Star Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,488 posts

Posted 2013-05-22 16:53:09

Let's stay on topic, please.

#32 thaibeachlovers

thaibeachlovers

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 2013-05-24 09:28:08

I"m surprised that this is even news. Most people know that the Chinese, along with everyone else, have been hacking each others info for as long as there has been an internet.

If they had a clue, it'd be on a non connected computer system.

#33 Publicus

Publicus

Official Honorary Sub-Expert 3rd Class

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 2013-05-24 11:36:29

The CCP's cyber warfare against the United States, which has been occurring for more than ten years, is now the number one national security threat to the U.S. That's the threat assessment to the United States by James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, in his presentation to Congress earlier this year.

And Prez Obama has spoken directly to the PRChina for the first time. His National Security Advisor, Tom Donlon, has his own story below.

Cyber Security, Not Terrorism, Number One Threat to National Security[/url]
http://ivn.us/2013/0...ional-security/[/url]

Defense Science Board Warns Of 'Existential Threat of Cyber Attack' 
Read more: [http://www.businessi...3#ixzz2N3o1Wrrh[/url]Cyber Attack'  

Electricity Grid in U.S. Penetrated By Spies      

[http://waterfallsecu...ySpiesApr08.pdf[/url] 

Donilon Says China Cyber Attacks Hurt Bid for Better Ties      

http://www.businessw...nilon-says[/url]

Edited by Publicus, 2013-05-24 11:43:00.

#34 Publicus

Publicus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 2013-05-29 11:46:53

Twenty-four U.S. most highly classified weapons systems have been penetrated by PRChinese cyber spies. The U.S. government systems are secure, so the PRChinese army and military cyber spies go after the private contractors, whose systems are not as secure as they should be.

This morning on CNN Congressman Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, confirmed that the hacking was done by the Chinese CCP and its military.

Rogers also said other governments which are involved are Russia, Iran, North Korea. Rogers said the U.S. has little or nothing to fear concerning an immediate military conflict with the CCP-PRC or against Russia. He said, however, that governments in Pyongyang or Tehran are realistically considering disabling U.S. power grids, and that any U.S. military response could be seriously compromised.

This is a whopping theft of the most important weapons systems the United States has. And for what purpose does the CCP in Beijing carry out such espionage concerning the most sensitive and highly classified U.S. weapons systems? For peaceful coexistence? Not on your life.

Confidential report lists U.S. weapons system designs compromised by Chinese cyber spies  

http://www.washingto...e8ca_story.html[/url]                                                              

Edited by Publicus, 2013-05-29 11:51:20.

#35 Thongkorn

Thongkorn

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 2013-05-29 13:01:39

You don't have to look at the Chinese, about hacking into Americas Computer systems, An English Boy did it from his bedroom. Fact, 

#36 Publicus

Publicus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 2013-05-29 17:20:55

You don't have to look at the Chinese, about hacking into Americas Computer systems, An English Boy did it from his bedroom. Fact, 

The English schoolboy isn't the only kid hacker to penetrate the cyber systems of major U.S. defense contractors. None of these overachievers have nuclear bombs however. 

#37 Publicus

Publicus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 2013-05-31 02:03:30

To which I would add that in 2008 Beijing sent an ICBM into space to successfully destroy a failed weather satellite. The important point of it is that the CCP-PRC in space successfully hit a bullet with another bullet.  

Subsequently, Dr. Geoffrey Forden of the MIT Defense Labs wrote the articles linked below as a deterrence to Beijing's aggressive rocket show high above the earth's atmosphere. Unfortunately however the Boyz in Beijing just don't learn.

How China Loses the Coming Space War

http://www.wired.com...nside-the-chin/

Sponsored By:

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: