Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lite Beer

Belgian in Phuket ICU after lover fights back

132 posts in this topic

Belgian in Phuket ICU after lover fights back

PHUKET: A 62-year-old Belgian expat was rushed to hospital at about 1 am this morning covered in blood after being stabbed by his wife in a furious argument over her flirting.

Pol Lt Col Jongserm Preecha of Kathu Police explained, “The victim, Ferdinand Salpdew, had been out drinking with his wife, Yossapa Chanthep, 36, and friends.

“He objected to her giving the glad eye to another man in the group so when they got home they argued and he then started to beat her.

“Defending herself, she grabbed a thin, sharp piece of metal and stabbed him five times in the left chest and once in the neck.”

Mr Salpdew collapsed, covered in blood. When the flow of blood could not be staunched he was rushed from the couple's Jintana Garden Apartment to Patong hospital, Yossapa accompanying him, weeping in remorse.

He is currently in the ICU. It is not clear what charges, if any, will be brought in the case.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/belgian-in-phuket-icu-after-lover-fights-back-40467.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-06-27

Assuming events unfolded as reported....hard to have any sympathy.

6 stab wounds mind you.

Defending myself, i stabbed him FIVE TIMES in the chest, and ONCE in the neck.

I think Yossapa Chanthep may have a hard time getting dates for a while.

2 people like this

Shouldn't the phrase that reads "weeping in remorse" read weeping of course!!!

2 people like this

What is it with the Belgians? Every second post has a Belgian expat in trouble! Obviuosly not well suited to live here (statistically speaking). I recommend refusing entry permits to all Belgians, it would save millions in health care and police time.

2 people like this

What is it with the Belgians? Every second post has a Belgian expat in trouble! Obviuosly not well suited to live here (statistically speaking). I recommend refusing entry permits to all Belgians, it would save millions in health care and police ti

Yes even the smartest europeens (statisticly speaking: because they speak at least 3 or 4 languages and 80% has a least an university title) can have a shit moment .

As to what you recommend " Obviuosly" not even a Thai will understand you.

1 person likes this

....I feel sorry for this guy.....

....it's been 'over' for a long time, I would guess...and....'he's just been hanging on for dear life'....now literally.......

....take everything a man has...then ridicule him in public.......yes...typical Thai / Westerner relationship......exposed....

What is it with the Belgians? Every second post has a Belgian expat in trouble! Obviuosly not well suited to live here (statistically speaking). I recommend refusing entry permits to all Belgians, it would save millions in health care and police ti

Yes even the smartest europeens (statisticly speaking: because they speak at least 3 or 4 languages and 80% has a least an university title) can have a shit moment .

As to what you recommend " Obviuosly" not even a Thai will understand you.

and they are all multimillionaires possessing IQs exceeding 150 laugh.png

2 people like this

62 years, 36???

please.. leave your daughter alone! dont try to own her..

1 person likes this

Typical Thai-Farang love affair...

Typical Thai-Farang love affair...

Unfortunately yes... But doesn't have to be, depends where you shop... if you mix with dogs you get fleas

2 people like this

BS she just lost it I'll bet after being confronted, how do you know he was "beating" her, that's just what she told the police so now of course it's his fault !!

My own experience (including one ex's mother to her father) is they just go for a knife and like all Thais have no control or forethought whatsoever.

Farangs fault, no question, 62 year old man beating up on a 36 year old woman. No excuse for knifing him, I am sure she could have walked (ran) away, stayed with a friend they are pretty good at that too when they need to be. Friends you never knew existed come out of the wood work!!!

Deport the Farang, problem solved ........

2 people like this

You can't just beat on people and expect them to just let you.

TV soap operas say you can.

1 person likes this

you can take the girl out of the bar, but not the bar out of the girl………

You can take the forang kee nok out of their country, but will always remain a forang kee nok.

Nice of you to stereotype others. This is how Thais will see you.

1 person likes this

Shouldn't the phrase that reads "weeping in remorse" read weeping of course!!!

Nice "turn" of phrase as the saying goes. Very clever! Well done! Made me cheesy.gif.

1 person likes this

Some people have such low opinions of Thai's that they believe they can do what they want... Whether its staff, nannies (reference to another post) or girlfriends...

That prick got what he deserves.... and I am sure the thai lady will get her justice too...

If you want to touch a savage dog, then expect to get bitten....

If you want to stab the hand that feeds you, expect to be homeless....

Better of staying at home an fapping than to get into a relationship... smile.png

Some of the people with the low opinions you mention are in fact Thais.