• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manarak

Norwegian beaten to death, soi 7 Pattaya

84 posts in this topic

He was murdered for objecting, not 'set about'. wink.png

Apologies, written in haste and not seen any confirmation.

There are some very unpleasant people posting in this thread. I think there is a big correlation in the change in attitude of Thai people to farangs and the increase in numbers of these aggressive, bigoted and narrow-minded farangs. Such a shame that they are here and not back in farangland where they belong.

Over the decades I've had all sorts of weird and wonderful people in Thailand trying to do things to me that I didnt really fancy, and I have never needed to do anything more than smile and say "no thanks" for it to stop.

2 people like this

ID: 36   Posted · Hidden by Scott, August 21, 2013 - Bulk Delete

Katoeys are mentally ill creatures and should be kept away from the normal community.

Homophobia is a mental illness and those afflicted by it should be shunned by society at large.

Homophobia is not classified as a mental illness. It is a term used by radical -or perhaps closet- gays to stifle free speech and criticism.

It's neither of those things, but best keep with the topic, the slaying of this young man.

An academic discussion/definition of homophobia is a good topic though. Perhaps open it up on the gay forum?

Please could people forward this story to the local papers in their home country, for example the Daily Mail in the UK etc. This violent abuse and murder of foreigners by Thais who act with arrogance and impunity, as if foreigners are sub human, it has to be reported. Thailand has to be shown for what it is and Thais have to be shown for what they are until they learn to be accountable for the actions of their own people.

This act, however abhorrent and regardless of how angry it makes me....I'm not altogether sure that it is to do with being a foreigner. Perhaps more to do with the lowlife involved.

I have also seen ridiculous Thai on Thai(or at least from the region) violence. The lowlife that struck the blow should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Please nobody blame the victim here, OK? Posted Image

Well he was beaten to death!! Savagely beaten after sexual assault. Who's at fault?
2 people like this

Please nobody blame the victim here, OK? w00t.gif

Well he was beaten to death!! Savagely beaten after sexual assault. Who's at fault?
Krisb, If I'm not mistaken, I think you may have misunderstood JT's point??

RIP poor guy. The offenders, whatever gender they are, have to be found and prosecuted according to the law.

We all have to take lessons from this story.

What we are seeing here is a mutual offense problem. Katoeys intrude into a foreigner's private space, according to a Western morale, but this poor guy has returned an aggression, according to a Thai morale.

The thing is that we are on Thai territory.

Saying "<deleted> you" to a Thai (especially to a drunk or stoned one) is a certain way to get problems. For them, it does not matter who started first.

If someone does not want their pants to be touched, they should not go to insecure places. There are almost zero stories like that happened somewhere in Chiangmai.

Likewise if we don't agree our arm cut for breaking a live tree, don't go to certain Mid-East countries.

So if a katoey touches you, just pretend you haven't noticed it.

Red light districts around the world are places you have to carefully in, drugs and alcohol are widely used.

You even see men fighting over the same hooker sometimes, unbelievably stupid but true.

RIP to the young man, I hope the persons guilty are caught and given long prison sentences.

Being a straight guy coming from Los Angeles where this is a huge gay population, I can tell you there is a big difference between a average gay man and a Ladyboy IN A BAR IN PATTAYA. I have many coworkers who are gay. They don't grab my willy.

So I would hope.

However, there is a big difference between what happens in your office between 9-5, and what happens in a street full of hookers after dark. At least, I hope there is.

Anyone who goes to somewhere like that Soi should reasonably expect to have his parts touched at some point, and should be prepared to deal with it in a pleasant manner. If not then he should not be there and should be in church instead.

Would anyone say "<deleted> you" to bar staff who call out "sit down please"? Or to massage parlour staff who call out "massage"? Or to an Indian tailor who invites you to buy a shirt on Beach Road? Or a motorbike taxi driver who calls out "taxi"? I doubt it. And if they did they could probably expect to be on the receiving end of something very unpleasant also. All these people are just doing their job, as are the hookers.

2 people like this

I'm sure you have read the stories in the past on this forum about the foreigners that did something the lady didn't fancy in Lucifer Disco and Soi 7, and what the outcome was of that.

No, I haven't. I'm not really very interested in what happens in such places as I never go to them, but if I went there I would be prepared for the worst and I certainly would avoid being aggressive towards anyone.

1 person likes this

I wonder why he chooses Soi7? Soi6 running closely nearby is a much nicer Soi and if you are looking for a girl or just a beer the place to be.

I been riding though Soi 7 on my scooter a couple of times but not a place I want to walk unless in company with my wife and I know they will leave me alone.

1 person likes this

They should move the sex industry to the dark side and let the majority of tourists in Pattaya be able to enjoy themselves. Anyone wants a sex for sale area can then go the other side of Suk .

I wonder why he chooses Soi7? Soi6 running closely nearby is a much nicer Soi and if you are looking for a girl or just a beer the place to be.

I been riding though Soi 7 on my scooter a couple of times but not a place I want to walk unless in company with my wife and I know they will leave me alone.

Soi 6, AKA mucky street a nicer place to be cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif , hope you don't go alone, your wife will chops ya nuts off w00t.gif

To the young Norwegian, RIP young man..

I searched the internet but can find no other mention anywhere of his death, only on Thai visa is it mentioned, maybe some more news will break soon.

1 person likes this