#26 keemapoot

keemapoot

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 2013-11-02 20:04:08

POPULAR

That really is a very nice looking vehicle, and the prices are very reasonable, seem much cheaper than the Tuna or new Everest.  I think this one is a game changer for Isuzu.  First time I have ever seen something they make in Thailand that I would own.

#27 MadMac

MadMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 2013-11-02 20:08:06

That really is a very nice looking vehicle, and the prices are very reasonable, seem much cheaper than the Tuna or new Everest.  I think this one is a game changer for Isuzu.  First time I have ever seen something they make in Thailand that I would own.

Certainly, look at some lousy Cruze, just been at Chevrolet yesterday. They want some ridiculous 1.25mTHB for that money sink. I'd never buy the MU-7, but the new one is a good looking contender to the Captiva and perhaps Forester. When is that old workhorse actually to be replaced with a modern car?

#28 thailoht

thailoht

Free Your Mind and Your Arse Will Follow ....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-02 21:18:45

Certainly, look at some lousy Cruze, just been at Chevrolet yesterday. They want some ridiculous 1.25mTHB for that money sink. I'd never buy the MU-7, but the new one is a good looking contender to the Captiva and perhaps Forester. When is that old workhorse actually to be replaced with a modern car?

'That new one' is the 2nd generation (replacement) for the 1st generation MU-7. The Captiva is not in the same SUV classification as the MU-7 and Forester.

While it actually boils down to one's personal individual taste, I agree with you that the new MU-x looks to be quite a 'game changer'!

#29 MadMac

MadMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 2013-11-02 21:21:22

The Captiva is not in the same SUV classification as the MU-7 and Forester.

It certainly is in the same segment as the MUX. Same size, same prize. But Captiva is old, Forester is stone age, MUX wins I say. Who cares about "classifications"?

#30 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-02 22:58:24

The Captiva is not in the same SUV classification as the MU-7 and Forester.

It certainly is in the same segment as the MUX. Same size, same prize. But Captiva is old, Forester is stone age, MUX wins I say. Who cares about "classifications"?

Just as 'size' matters, 'classification' matters ....

Automotives, like most things in life today, are more and more technical and today's people have to be more and more informed in order to keep up.

Speaking from an automotive perspective, the difference is there for you to discover.

Hint: Captiva vs Trailblazer. thumbsup.gif

#31 MadMac

MadMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 2013-11-02 23:49:06

Bubbles a dealer would make smile.png.... Price wise the MUX is in line with the Captiva. Same footprint. Chevy is also not really clear about their "classifictions". Doesn't matter, as Toyota has nothing in this segment anyway, other than stoneage Forester. So it's all mixed up and up to the buyer to believe the marketing bullshit smile.png.

I drive a Mazda, so out of my league anyway smile.png

Edited by MadMac, 2013-11-02 23:49:55.

#32 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 2013-11-03 09:48:02

Juts curious - why is it the MU-X seems to be more broadly accepted here than the Trailblazer? It's the same car just with different lamps and a weaker engine, and you guys are farang, so not meant to be anti-Chev ;)

#33 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 2013-11-03 09:50:25

Bubbles a dealer would make smile.png.... Price wise the MUX is in line with the Captiva. Same footprint. Chevy is also not really clear about their "classifictions". Doesn't matter, as Toyota has nothing in this segment anyway, other than stoneage Forester. So it's all mixed up and up to the buyer to believe the marketing bullshit smile.png.

Since when did Toyota start manufacturing Subaru's? :P

Oh, you mean Fortuner :D

#34 MadMac

MadMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 2013-11-03 10:03:28

555...that was because of the earlier comparison to the Fortuner. But yes, reading it again it sounds a bit funny biggrin.png

#35 Ace of Pop

Ace of Pop

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 2013-11-03 15:09:34

I think many Ferangs can remember being sold  Old Rebadged Korean crap by Chevy a near Premium Prices Honda nearly lost their Street Cred by selling a Re Badged Isuzu Clacker as a Honda, they soon stopped..coffee1.gif .

#36 dagling

dagling

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 09:09:01

Here some photo`s I made yesterday in Maha Sarakam.

Attached File  1.jpg   106.28KB   35 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   109.72KB   33 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   105.54KB   32 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   135.7KB   32 downloads

Attached File  5.jpg   91.91KB   33 downloads

Attached File  6.jpg   72.3KB   52 downloads

#37 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 09:23:53

Here some photo`s I made yesterday in Maha Sarakam.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif5.jpg

attachicon.gif6.jpg

Thanx for being the first to post these long awaited pics!

The Mu-X looks good, inside and out!

I really like that color and the way the 3rd row seat folds down into the floor.

On the negative side, it looks as though Isuzu is still staying with its puny 16" tires (and brakes)?  .... though those can easily be upgraded in the aftermarket.

Edited by thailoht, 2013-11-04 09:25:16.

#38 noikrit

noikrit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 09:38:06

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo ..  The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel  ..you can keep your petrol cars !     PS ..    God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !!   So crank it up !!    ENJOY !  thumbsup.gif

#39 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 09:48:35

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo ..  The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel  ..you can keep your petrol cars !     PS ..    God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !!   So crank it up !!    ENJOYthumbsup.gif

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif

Are you saying that the new MU-X has much more power and is even quieter than the 1st gen MU-7? What year is(was) your first Isuzu 3.0L turbo?

#40 ignis

ignis

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 09:49:10

Stoneage ? The Subaru Forester here in Thailand is a new model this year........2014 model, check out Subaru Thailand website
Attached File  for_2014_photos_ext_14.jpg   135.77KB   29 downloads

Maybe your thinking of the stoneage Toyota Fortuner ?

Edited by ignis, 2013-11-04 09:56:14.

#41 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 10:00:20

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo ..  The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel  ..you can keep your petrol cars !     PS ..    God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !!   So crank it up !!    ENJOYthumbsup.gif

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif

Are you saying that the new MU-X has much more power and is even quieter than the 1st gen MU-7? What year is(was) your first Isuzu 3.0L turbo?

Isuzu + subwoofers + farang - I now have this vision of an expat retiree driving down the road in Isaan, all windows down, right arm sun burned, playing mor lam music you can hear from a KM away :P

#42 noikrit

noikrit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 10:02:55

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo ..  The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel  ..you can keep your petrol cars !     PS ..    God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !!   So crank it up !!    ENJOYthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Previous was from  the Platinum series , but the " All new" Isuzu have New Motor, drive train etc...  big improvement !!!    DRIVE ON !!

#43 noikrit

noikrit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 10:24:51

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo ..  The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel  ..you can keep your petrol cars !     PS ..    God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !!   So crank it up !!    ENJOYthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Isuzu + subwoofers + farang - I now have this vision of an expat retiree driving down the road in Isaan, all windows down, right arm sun burned, playing mor lam music you can hear from a KM away tongue.png

LOL   Your pretty close to the mark  IMHO  !! clap2.gif ....   But ACDC Sound a lot better then Mor Lam music !      and scares the shit out of some thai's    cheesy.gif

#44 Jitar

Jitar

What the....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 10:39:36

My man!

Previous was from  the Platinum series , but the " All new" Isuzu have New Motor, drive train etc...  big improvement !!!    DRIVE ON !!

The MUX rear disc brakes are an improvement.  177 hp and 380Nm is better than the old model but Isuzu are really only keeping up with the other Jap pickups.

Is there any other big improvement in the 3.0L engine and drive-train?

Edited by Jitar, 2013-11-04 10:46:35.

#45 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 11:05:23

My man!

The MUX rear disc brakes are an improvement.  177 hp and 380Nm is better than the old model but Isuzu are really only keeping up with the other Jap pickups.

AFAIK, the Mu-X has the updated version of their venerable 3.0L, 163 hp to 177 hp. The 2012 Isuzu 3.0L edges out all the others, it is a sweet running power plant, IMHO - of course. If all they did was add the additional hp, then all the better.

The 1st gen drive train is admittedly somewhat dated, mechanically, 'but', it, too, runs nice and shifts very smoothly.

#46 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 11:10:20

My man!

The revised 3.0L dates back to 2011. Differences are updated commonrail system, slight revisions to turbo, and some changes to improve NVH. According to Isuzu they're "not playing the numbers game" but are instead focussed on drivability, FE and durability. Having driven the 3.0L current gen D-Max, I'd have to say there's no way you'd rate it (subjectively) below the Chev 2.8L, Ford 3.2L or Mitsu 2.5L when it comes to actual driving. The Toyota 3.0L is still the most refined in the segment though, IMHO.

#47 eaustev

eaustev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 11:13:30

First review that I have seen. From the Australian press review done in Thailand.

http://theage.drive....1104-2wvek.html

#48 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 11:24:59

First review that I have seen. From the Australian press review done in Thailand.

http://theage.drive....1104-2wvek.html

Thanx for the link to the first MU-X review. thumbsup.gif

#49 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 12:24:42

The revised 3.0L dates back to 2011. Differences are updated commonrail system, slight revisions to turbo, and some changes to improve NVH. According to Isuzu they're "not playing the numbers game" but are instead focused on driveability, FE and durability. Having driven the 3.0L current gen D-Max, I'd have to say there's no way you'd rate it (subjectively) below the Chev 2.8L, Ford 3.2L or Mitsu 2.5L when it comes to actual driving. The Toyota 3.0L is still the most refined in the segment though, IMHO.

I try to let facts, statics, etc., guide me to my final list. At this time, I would rate the Isuzu 3.0L 'Top Dog' over the Toyota 3.0L solely because the Isuzu 3.0L has better FE and a steel timing chain (as opposed to a polyester-cord timing 'belt') for added engine integrity and worry-free longevity.

Plus, it can be modded - after warranty period of course) - to produce more power than its Toyota rival.

Edited by thailoht, 2013-11-04 12:31:11.

#50 Ace of Pop

Ace of Pop

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 2013-11-04 18:47:28

Funny Lot some of You you rave about a Dead Slug Engine in  Truck. then bash Toyota by saying one can Tune it better. Reminds Me of Benny Hills song..... Ernie,   " Who drove the Fastest Milkcart in the West.".biggrin.png

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: