175 replies to this topic

#76 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 18:19:08

T. A. is Transam. Our Tyre Gauge and  V8 Drag Strip Man. Fredob is a regular contributor, but TR must be some old Triumph Sports Cars. TR 2 up to 7 i guess.thumbsup.gif

TR = Thairung

thairung.jpg

Edited by IMHO, 2013-11-07 18:20:17.

#77 ignis

ignis

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 18:26:20

Isuzu Sports car ? w00t.gif

TR make there own body = Thai Rung

#78 ignis

ignis

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 18:31:18

looked it up to find out myself

so they have teamed up with Toyota. 4x4 3 lt Vigo with a TR body

Attached File  2013-TR-Transformer-GroupTestDrive_02-500x331.jpg   22.41KB   28 downloads

Attached File  2013-TR-Transformer-GroupTestDrive_21-500x331.jpg   57.83KB   30 downloads

http://www.iamcar.ne...rmer-plus4.html

Edited by ignis, 2013-11-07 18:35:03.

#79 thailoht

thailoht

Free Your Mind and Your Arse Will Follow ....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 21:29:15

T. A. is Transam. Our Tyre Gauge and  V8 Drag Strip Man. Fredob is a regular contributor, but TR must be some old Triumph Sports Cars. TR 2 up to 7 i guess.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

TR = Thairung

thairung.jpg

Isuzu Sports car ? w00t.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

TR make there own body = Thai Rung

Got it all! thumbsup.gif 

#80 ignis

ignis

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 06:31:24

and regards to Triumph the top model sports car was the TR8 with factory fitted Buick/Rover 3.5 litre V8 power-plant. Built in UK, think from about 1997 -1981

​Australia I believe converted the TR7 themselves to a modified Buick/Rover 4.4 litre V8 power-plant. 

#81 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 09:27:18

I get one thing out of the Australian review... the Mu-X seems weak on cornering. For the Isuzu reps to insist keeping it between 40 and 60 kph when doing a turn... it must have serious stability issues. Who bets that we will soon see some of them overturned?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, it also seems to be not too smooth riding on streets, which makes it a bad choice for urban warriors.  I'll go look at it at the motor show, but will likely also wait to see the Everest, and maybe the Fortuner if not to far out.

The manufacturers, coupled with world fiscal and weather events have staggered and delayed their new model release dates to the extent that it's really hard for today's potential new car buyer to plan too far ahead. sad.png

#82 fullcave

fullcave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 11:21:59

Here some photo`s I made yesterday in Maha Sarakam.

attachicon.gif6.jpg

What is this large box in  the trunk on the last picture? Looks weird.

http://www.headlight...e-suv&Itemid=94
First impression on headlight mag. Asked my gf to quickly read it, seems like the journalist liked it.
Few key points : Very comfortable seats. Firm but comfortable suspension (?).  2.5l motor option more than enough but 3l more fun to drive, also quieter. Better than the trailblazer or pajero on pretty much all accounts.

Thanx for this review, it was very informative! coffee1.gif  I like the way the article compares various components of the MU-X to its Trailblazer, Fortuner and Pajero competitors.

The article states that MU-X will be the first new car model ever to be launched here in LOS! Bite that, competitors! bah.gif

That 'large box' in the rear is a storage box.
Upholstery color option will be offered in off-white.
It's rear ceiling mount DVD screen will be a whopping 10.5"!

Anybody know it they will be offering cruise control?

#83 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 11:27:57

Unfortunately, there was no cruise control on the top 4WD model that I tested .... sad.png

Maybe next year's model?

#84 stevenl

stevenl

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 11:28:26

See post # 9, I hope there will be an answer this time.

I expect though unfortunately the answer will be 'no' .

#85 2unique

2unique

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 2013-11-10 09:10:08

No bonnet air scoop WHY?!?

Still a good looking car tho... Are those HIDs? Look a bit yellow/halogen in the last pics

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

#86 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-10 09:26:46

Still a good looking car tho... Are those HIDs? Look a bit yellow/halogen in the last pics

Why not indeed!

They could be saving it and cruise control to 'debut' on next year's model.

No idea about the HID.

#87 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 2013-11-10 09:51:28

Because the intercooler is at the front of the car.

#88 2unique

2unique

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 2013-11-10 10:13:12

Because the intercooler is at the front of the car.

Where's the fun in that!

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

#89 fullcave

fullcave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 2013-11-10 13:59:03

Why not indeed!

No idea about the HID.

No Cruise control option? That is stupid beyond belief…. giggle.gif 

#90 IMHO

IMHO

Bad Kitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 2013-11-10 14:47:46

Why not indeed!

No idea about the HID.

I expect we'll see cruise in the Plutonium series, or maybe the X-Series III, or whatever names they make up for the 30 minor changes this thing is gonna have.

#91 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-11 08:33:32

No Cruise control option? That is stupid beyond belief…. giggle.gif 

.... from a 1st world farang's perspective, yes! (But) taking in to account the 'consumers' in this LOS car market, it, unfortunately, is spot-on, par for the course!

#92 Ace of Pop

Ace of Pop

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 2013-11-11 14:18:13

People with Cruise Control are a Pompous Pain in the But , they don't drive to suit the Flow, they just get in everyone's way.w00t.gif . Except T.V. Readers naturally..............thumbsup.gif

#93 899cc

899cc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 2013-11-11 21:52:37

People with Cruise Control are a Pompous Pain in the But , they don't drive to suit the Flow, they just get in everyone's way.w00t.gif . Except T.V. Readers naturally..............thumbsup.gif

So your sitting on the fence then....cheesy.gif

#94 2unique

2unique

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 2013-11-13 08:35:11

People with Cruise Control are a Pompous Pain in the But , they don't drive to suit the Flow, they just get in everyone's way.Posted Image . Except T.V. Readers naturally..............Posted Image

So your sitting on the fence then....Posted Image

Thought he meant TV Readers got in everyone's way naturally. �

sent from android please excuse errors in type and or judgement

#95 Ace of Pop

Ace of Pop

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 2013-11-13 08:59:18

Controll Users get in Truck Drivers way , i see it on our Mountains regularly. Theres old Mr Perfect doing 70  ,stopping big rigs from gathereing downhill speed to make the next incline.Then wonders why the Scania is right up his Superior Arse..w00t.gif ..

#96 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-17 17:12:29

NEW Isuzu MU-X  1,014,000  1,401,000 4

- 3.0 VGS 4WD DVD NAVI
- 3.0 VGS 2WD DVD NAVI
- 2.5 VGS 2WD DVD
- 2.5 VGS 2WD CD

That really is a very nice looking vehicle, and the prices are very reasonable, seem much cheaper than the Tuna or new Everest.  I think this one is a game changer for Isuzu.  First time I have ever seen something they make in Thailand that I would own.

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo ..  The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel  ..you can keep your petrol cars !     PS ..    God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !!   So crank it up !!    ENJOY !  thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

IMHO, on 17 Nov 2013 - 12:50, said:
         Yes, the 3.0L in the MU-X/D-Max is the same engine that's been going into D-Max's since 2004 (4JJ1-TC) Back then it made 144HP, in 2006 it was upgraded to 163HP (4JJ1-TCX), and in 2011 upgraded to 177HP (4JJ1-TC iTEQ). The extra HP in each revision has come from updates to the commonrail system, injectors and turbo - all of which you mess with as soon as you start tuning

The 4JJ1-TCX wasn't detuned - the get the extra 14HP in 2011 it took a revised turbo design, new injectors and updated commonrail system. They also updated the head design to improve FE a couple of percent, and some tweaks to try and make it a little less noisy.

There hasn't been any revisions since 2011.

The '2nd Generation' MU-X is a redesigned interior/exterior body and chassis with the same basic power plant.            

#97 stevenl

stevenl

Titanium Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 2013-11-17 17:20:55

Controll Users get in Truck Drivers way , i see it on our Mountains regularly. Theres old Mr Perfect doing 70  ,stopping big rigs from gathereing downhill speed to make the next incline.Then wonders why the Scania is right up his Superior Arse..w00t.gif ..

Yes, that is what always happen. people see something in certain conditions and straight away draw conclusions for the whole population.

#98 fullcave

fullcave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 2013-11-17 18:54:46

Yes, that is what always happen. people see something in certain conditions and straight away draw conclusions for the whole population.

yes CC is pure unadulterated evil and only for people that drive seventy in the passing lane in order to piss off overladen trucks  ..passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi 

Edited by fullcave, 2013-11-17 18:55:40.

#99 keemapoot

keemapoot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 2013-11-17 20:09:09

^^^@Thailoht, You've summed up the MUX pretty well, but I'm not sold. I will wait for the new Tuna and Everest, and thanks to IMHO for setting us straight on the (non revolutionary, not even - evolutionary) engine. Seems like Isuzu and Toyota both have gotten lazy in Thailand thinking the sheeple will automatically buy repackaged old tech in new clothing. Meanwhile, we are going forward at the auto show and ordering a Ford Ecosport for another family member, though not sure yet whether it will be the 1.0L, 1.5, or diesel auto.... I'll let you all know...

#100 thailoht

thailoht

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 2013-11-17 21:05:57

^^^@Thailoht, You've summed up the MUX pretty well, but I'm not sold. I will wait for the new Tuna and Everest, and thanks to IMHO for setting us straight on the (non revolutionary, not even - evolutionary) engine. Seems like Isuzu and Toyota both have gotten lazy in Thailand thinking the sheep will automatically buy repackaged old tech in new clothing. Meanwhile, we are going forward at the auto show and ordering a Ford Ecosport for another family member, though not sure yet whether it will be the 1.0L, 1.5, or diesel auto.... I'll let you all know...

You have summed up beautifully, this, the LOS auto market in which we find ourselves!
We can only select from the models they choose to send to the dealerships. sad.png

Talking about 'Grin and Bear it!' facepalm.gif TIT, baby!

Sponsored by ...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: