View New Content Help  
Photo
- - - - -

father of thai child but not married- apply for non O visa?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 danohkt

danohkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 12:49:26

Good day to all BMs,im a newby here and i have a question regarding my visa situation.

im the legal father of a minor thai child but im not married legally to the mother,

i planning to request a non immigrant O visa in Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

it is possible to obtain even if im not married? i have all the other requirement,money in the bank,certificate of birth with my name on,ecc..ecc..

Thank you in advance for any response.

Cheers

sorry for my bad english(not my mother tongue)

#2 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 13:01:39

You could only get a single entry. Unless you legitimize your parent hood through a court or at Amphoe if child is old enough. Your name on birth certificate is not enough.
Also KL no longer do multiple entry visas.
You can get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your child though.

#3 danohkt

danohkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 13:10:40

Thank you Ubonjoe,

well if i can obtain a single non imm O entry with my present situation and paperwork will be fine.

then can i apply for 1 year extension at the phuket immigration.

do you think is better to contact the thai embassy in Kl for further detail?

Kop Khun krab

#4 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 13:26:57

You can't get a one year extension without doing the legitimization either. Kl may want to see 400K baht in the bank. Info about getting your parenthood here: http://www.thaivisa....hts-As-A-Father

Edited by ubonjoe, 2013-11-07 13:29:16.

#5 danohkt

danohkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 13:50:34

Thank you Ubonjoe,i really appreciate your input.

so in ten days im'off to Kl with birth certificate,bank statement and copy of the bank book, copy of child thai ID card,and copy of tabian baan

with the name of the child on,hope that's enough. i will post the result on my return.

Regards

#6 PoorSucker

PoorSucker

Handsum memberô

• Global Moderators
  • 10,607 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 15:32:52

Thank you Ubonjoe,i really appreciate your input.

so in ten days im'off to Kl with birth certificate,bank statement and copy of the bank book, copy of child thai ID card,and copy of tabian baan

with the name of the child on,hope that's enough. i will post the result on my return.

Regards

There have been report of getting i year multiple entry in Penang with your current paperwork.

http://www.thaivisa....-2#entry5162801

Contact one of the agent there.

http://jimsplacepenang.tripod.com/

http://bananapenang.com/main/

#7 Showbags

Showbags

member me !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 2013-11-07 15:51:44

You should get the multiple entry version, I have got it before with exact same circumstances, just from a different country.

Each embassy can have their own particular mood swings.

#8 adjethai65

adjethai65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 08:52:58

dear sir <my name is martin and i like to inform you that its verry importand to showe who the legal custudy have ore else the reject the reqeust!!! i living in thai on a doggybag visa from my daughter she 7 y nowe, but i have full custudy 100%by thai law so please be aware of this .if the mother is not tracebul go to the amphur and get a letter from the head officier that state you are the one that take care the thai child please bring a registration form from there aswell that she is registerd as thai national in the house(dont forget its verry importand ) the best is always ask the visa from the district were your daugter is registerd ,i nevver have problems and live on non o visa in thai based on my kids nationality fore 6 years no hussle ,no money isseu but bring the correct documents i advise you if you cant speak thai bring a laywer to prepare and support you hope you have something on my info kind regards martin

Edited by adjethai65, 2013-11-08 08:54:33.

#9 thaisabai

thaisabai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 08:56:10

I am traveling for the last 8 years to Thailand and every year I am getting an multiple entry valid for 1 year, based on my child in Thailand (not married) with the same paperwork you have, but no money in the bank.

I am Swiss, but getting this visa in Florida from the Thai consulate.

thaisabai

#10 sirchai

sirchai

When I've learned how to talk, I forgot what to say

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,153 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 09:29:50

I am traveling for the last 8 years to Thailand and every year I am getting an multiple entry valid for 1 year, based on my child in Thailand (not married) with the same paperwork you have, but no money in the bank.

thaisabai

Works in almost all European countries as well. But not at the Thai embassies, need to go to a consulate.-wai.gif

#11 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 09:34:39

I am traveling for the last 8 years to Thailand and every year I am getting an multiple entry valid†for 1 year, based on my child in Thailand (not married) with the same paperwork you have, but no money in the bank.

thaisabai

† † † Works in almost all European countries as well. But not at the Thai embassies, need to go to a consulate.-Posted Image

Best to call them honorary consulates.
There are also official Thai consulates that are the same as an embassy.

#12 danohkt

danohkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 10:55:14

Thank you for your answer,but now im little confused.

Ticket in hand for Kuala, my paper consist of: child birth certificate with my name on,Tabian baan with child name on,bank statement and book with 4k on,

copy of child Thai ID card. i just need one entry visa tipe O then i will extend it in phuket immigration.

if in KL is to complicate to get such visa with my current paperwork,i can switch to Penang. any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

PS im not married but i live with the mother and child.

#13 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 11:28:27

You will not get a multiple entry In KL they stopped doing them for marriage even.
You could try for Penang. Contact one of the agents there for latest info.

#14 PoorSucker

PoorSucker

Handsum memberô

• Global Moderators
  • 10,607 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 12:27:03

i just need one entry visa tipe O then i will extend it in phuket immigration..

You will not get an extension based on your child if you are not the legal father.
Consulates abroad can give you a non-O with only birth certificate but not immigrations in Thailand.

Better try for a multiple entry abroad or legitimize your child.

#15 danohkt

danohkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 12:36:50

Well,i will apply for 1 entry in KL,then i have 3 months time to legitimize my status at Phuket juvenile and family court,so i can extend my visa at Phuket immigration.

Thank you for all your answer,really appreciate.

Cheers

#16 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 12:45:51

You can make your 90 day entry 150 days by getting a 60 day extension of stay to visit your child if you need more time. Your name on birth certificate is enough for it.

Edited by ubonjoe, 2013-11-08 12:46:40.

#17 Brian Corrigan

Brian Corrigan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 14:13:04

You could only get a single entry. Unless you legitimize your parent hood through a court or at Amphoe if child is old enough. Your name on birth certificate is not enough.

The Birth certificate is a legal document and there fore legitimate and as such can be used.In my case the British embassy in Bangkok accepted my daughters birth certificate and she was issued with a British passport. I am not married to her mother.

#18 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 14:22:43

The Birth certificate is a legal document and there fore legitimate and as such can be used.In my case the British embassy in Bangkok accepted my daughters birth certificate and she was issued with a British passport. I am not married to her mother.

That is based upon UK law.
For Thai immigration and visa purposes you are not the legal father until you have your parenthood legitimized.
Have you read this topic: http://www.thaivisa....hts-As-A-Father

Edited by ubonjoe, 2013-11-08 14:24:49.

#19 tonyPhuket

tonyPhuket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 15:26:18

I am the worst expert on this issue but your rights definitely shows important.

There are two things that may help -

1. Get the approved letter from auphor office to prove you are the guarantor ???

OR

2. Get the shared child custody certificate from the court ???   This is something Thai immigration can deal with.

Good luck...

Edited by tonyPhuket, 2013-11-08 15:27:09.

#20 Mario2008

Mario2008

Superb Member

• Global Moderators
  • 25,236 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 16:09:43

1 post promoting legal services removed per forum rules.

#21 Stokakrishna

Stokakrishna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 17:19:28

danohkt

Please tell me how can you be a legal father of your baby if you are not maiied.

I just have become a father too. 2 months ago.

I;m Polish and mother is Thai.

We are not married.

last week i went with my GF to the ampoe to get the  legalization statement from the  municipality stating that im the father of the baby.

The refused saying i;m not married.

And i was told that if  i do nto get married i need to wait until my baby is 7 years old to  approve  that i;m the father.

nedless to say, without this document i cannot apply for polish passport for my baby.

So please tell me how did you get your   legal father document... and from where?

BTW. bith certificate from the hospital is not a legal document is thats what you are talking about

#22 ubonjoe

ubonjoe

Star Member

• Global Moderators
  • 16,980 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 17:22:08

Read this topic: http://www.thaivisa....hts-As-A-Father

#23 danohkt

danohkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 18:18:12

danohkt

Please tell me how can you be a legal father of your baby if you are not maiied.

I just have become a father too. 2 months ago.

I;m Polish and mother is Thai.

We are not married.

last week i went with my GF to the ampoe to get the  legalization statement from the  municipality stating that im the father of the baby.

The refused saying i;m not married.

And i was told that if  i do nto get married i need to wait until my baby is 7 years old to  approve  that i;m the father.

nedless to say, without this document i cannot apply for polish passport for my baby.

So please tell me how did you get your   legal father document... and from where?

BTW. bith certificate from the hospital is not a legal document is thats what you are talking about

hello Stokakrishna,

my child is 14 years old now, and i get the legal status from the amphoe when she was 7 years old and can sign the paper.

her mother sign the paper too. My child hold dual passport,thai and italian from the age of 1.

the italian embassy just need the translate birth certificate with my name on and the signature of the mother.

if your child is below 7 year of age you can get the legal status from the provincial Juvenile and Family court.

Hope everything going well. Chokdee

#24 lopburi3

lopburi3

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • 51,225 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 18:24:18

Have you confirmed this as a requirement with your Embassy for nationality?  Would suspect DNA might be accepted.

#25 TheNativeSon

TheNativeSon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 2013-11-08 18:27:11

Best advise! Take yourself, your Thai lady and the baby directly to Thai Immigration, then ask them the same question.

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: