#1676 slipperylobster

slipperylobster

Slipper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:03:16

Diego Garcia anyone?

Ha Ha....   A bit far, but hey why not? Our ships are searching in the wrong place, they should return to the base where the airplane conveniently awaits them.

#1677 slipperylobster

slipperylobster

Slipper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:04:25

POPULAR

Watch all the weirdos come out and blame the USA for the missing Malaysian Airline.  LOL

#1678 slipperylobster

slipperylobster

Slipper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:08:38

I have seen how this works in areas like the Philippines.  Shocking news is never released close to the actual event. The public is fed bits and pieces of gossip/half truths. As days and weeks pass, the public just gets weary and disinterested. Later on, the full report is given, and by that time, all the frustration has passed.

It would not surprise me if this airplane was shot down accidently.....

#1679 Mosha

Mosha

The Invisible Farang

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:21:09

Diego Garcia anyone?

Ha Ha....   A bit far, but hey why not? Our ships are searching in the wrong place, they should return to the base where the airplane conveniently awaits them.

looking at the map it's just about on the edge, I'm not blaming Americans, I like them. Summats going on and I no longer think it crashed.

#1680 slipperylobster

slipperylobster

Slipper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:25:09

Diego Garcia anyone?

looking at the map it's just about on the edge, I'm not blaming Americans, I like them. Summats going on and I no longer think it crashed.

Protective Custody? Just doing our jobs, policing up the world and then out for coffee and donuts.

#1681 Credo

Credo

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:26:45

I doubt it was shot down, either accidentally or on purpose, the reason being there should still be a debris field if it was over water.   If it was over land, then it would be the military of the country and probably seen by radar.   Again, no known debris field.  

It could have been downed, but it's not likely.   

#1682 slipperylobster

slipperylobster

Slipper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:30:09

Could have been shot down over China territory, if it was not identified. And the might be with-holding that info. It would explain the misinformation give, the bad satellite photo, and some bogus reporting. Also no debris field in the water, if they made it to the mainland.

#1683 RandomSand

RandomSand

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 20:59:42

I have a good theory...

There was some diplomatic & military confusion between nation-states. One nation-state, after seeing something on its radar, and then there being some confusion, went on the offence and took-down the passenger aircraft thinking it was defending itself against a hostile-attack.

Of course it's very embarrassing for the nations involved and to save face they're keeping hush and now fabricating a story to explain it all.

note: I'm not pointing a finger at any particular nation-state.

Edited by metisdead, 2014-03-14 21:55:33.
Bold font removed.

#1684 Credo

Credo

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 21:21:30

So, how did the country get the transponders turned off?   How would you get other countries to keep their collective mouths shut?   

I am pretty sure that if Malaysia could point the finger at anyone, they would be pointing.   

I also have a feeling that satellites would be tracking any missile launch.

#1685 Ulysses G.

Ulysses G.

Unwanted Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,183 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 21:26:58

Thoughts on this are starting to turn back to the more sinister possibilities. Authorities are now considering the potential that the plane was hijacked

http://www.mediaite....alaysian-plane/

Edited by Ulysses G., 2014-03-14 21:27:45.

#1686 MB1

MB1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 21:48:22

Thoughts on this are starting to turn back to the more sinister possibilities. Authorities are now considering the potential that the plane was hijacked

http://www.mediaite....alaysian-plane/

My thought on this is that whatever has happned to the plane, certain posters seem to think they know more than the authorities do and conspiracies are alive and well, aaah well time to don the tin hat in foil again...facepalm.gif

#1687 3NUMBAS

3NUMBAS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 2014-03-14 22:51:39

all options are on the table inc captured by aliens ,now .

whoever hijacked managed to overcome all safety features leaving them to clutch at straws .

#1688 oilinki

oilinki

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 00:52:03

Finally something, which at least sounds more official than most of the rumors which has been around.

Satellite Firm Says Its Data From Jet Could Offer Location

SEPANG, Malaysia — As the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet expanded into the daunting vastness of the Indian Ocean, a satellite communications company confirmed on Friday that it had recorded electronic “keep alive” ping signals from the plane after it disappeared, and said those signals could be analyzed to help estimate its location.

The information from the company,Inmarsat, could prove to be the first big break in helping narrow the frustrating search for the plane with 239 people aboard that mysteriously disappeared from radar screens a week ago, now hunted by a multinational array of ships and planes that have fanned out for thousands of square miles.

Source & continue http://www.nytimes.c...70.html?hp&_r=0

This should mean, that RR and/or Air Malaysia should also have the data, which includes airspeed and altitude?

Edited by oilinki, 2014-03-15 01:06:35.

#1689 Carmine6

Carmine6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 01:18:02

snip

This should mean, that RR and/or Air Malaysia should also have the data, which includes airspeed and altitude?

No, that's not true, directly.  The satellite company would have this info, but these are just pings with no data being sent.  Like a cell phone contacts cell towers just to acknowledge it is still available even if no calls, or messages are sent or received.  

#1690 oilinki

oilinki

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 01:37:13

No, that's not true, directly.  The satellite company would have this info, but these are just pings with no data being sent.  Like a cell phone contacts cell towers just to acknowledge it is still available even if no calls, or messages are sent or received.  

Ah, Thanks for the correction. 

If the 5 hour extra flight time is really true, then the oil-rig visual and Chinese seabed event are not true or related to the flight (unless there was a bolide along with small meteors of which one punched the cockpit and caused series of events. But that's quite too much of a longshot.) 

#1691 Arma

Arma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 02:06:08

Now they seem to be looking at Lithium batteries which were being stowed in the cargo. Because of their combustibility, they are examining the possibility if they could of started a fatal fire/explosion. Does not seem to explain why the plane would take a different course, and continue to fly for hours. Seems like a stretch to me.

#1692 Chicog

Chicog

Star Member

• Advanced Members
  • 11,256 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 02:12:39

Now they seem to be looking at Lithium batteries which were being stowed in the cargo. Because of their combustibility, they are examining the possibility if they could of started a fatal fire/explosion. Does not seem to explain why the plane would take a different course, and continue to fly for hours. Seems like a stretch to me.

Pilots try and turn back and are forced out of the cockpit by or disabled by toxic fumes, but fire not enough to bring down the aircraft immediately?

There are thousands of possibly theories and answers to them.

No-one will know until they get the wreckage and the recorders.

#1693 Carmine6

Carmine6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 02:16:05

Ah, Thanks for the correction. 

If the 5 hour extra flight time is really true, then the oil-rig visual and Chinese seabed event are not true or related to the flight (unless there was a bolide along with small meteors of which one punched the cockpit and caused series of events. But that's quite too much of a longshot.) 

Who knows.  That seems to have been roughly in the area but then there always seem to be accounts of things nearby which are said to be completely unrelated afterwards.  TWA 800 had a lot of eye witness reports, which by the official story are completely unrelated or erroneous.

But say something weird happened, like your meteor strike, leading them to try to turn back which they didn't quite pull off due to the resulting problems, it could be part of this.  Some burning cargo or whatever is seen by this guy, but the plane makes a turn back and they can't quite stay conscious due to the damage and it flies on for hours.  Even with oxygen, cold also impacts mental faculties. Last flight I was on, the outside temperature that I remember was -54 degrees.  Of course it is warmer at lower altitudes if they managed that, but the crew doesn't exactly have time to go get jackets or blankets if they're trying to fly the plane.

I should note the flight I was on was Taipei to Los Angeles, so goes near the arctic and would be much colder at 35,000 ft than this flight.

Edited by Carmine6, 2014-03-15 02:26:30.

#1694 oilinki

oilinki

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 02:37:04

It's been years since I have been flying with the planes which had temperature displays, but if I recall correctly, it's almost around -50C up in 11-13km. 

Now the USGS has also stepped in.

Re-analysis of Proposed Submarine Aircraft Crash Site for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370

SumatraEQ_MalaysiaPlane.gif

The University of Science and Technology of China has announced a possible location for the crash site of Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370 based on two seismic recordings (stations KUM and IPM of the Malaysia National Seismic Network; see map). The proposed site is in the Gulf of Thailand (gray hexagon on map).

The time of the event reported by the Chinese was 2:55 AM (on 3/8/2014, which equates to 18:55 UTC time on 3/7/2014).

U.S. Geological Survey analysts at the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colo., reviewed this analysis and have a different conclusion.

Source: http://earthquake.us...000nb9b#summary

#1695 Jingthing

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 53,680 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 02:46:41

I'm feeling even more now this will remain a mystery.coffee1.gif

“The facts are all over the place,” a U.S. official told The Washington Post. “It’s looking less and less like an accident. It’s looking more like a criminal event.” The official asked not to be identified because he is not authorized to speak publicly.

“We are looking for little pieces that can float, pieces of human body, life jackets, seat cushions in that vast stretch. It is very difficult,” he said. And there is a limit on how much manpower and money the Indian government will be able to expend, he said.

“All we have from Malaysia is ‘we think we saw the aircraft heading in that general direction.’ This by itself may not be worth searching for too long,” Prakash said.

http://www.washingto...c4bf_story.html

#1696 lucifer666

lucifer666

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 02:57:16

Why bash the Chinese?? at least their satellite has found has found something. Which is infinitely more than our western counterparts have been able to do.

#1697 Tywais

Tywais

Star Member

• Admin
  • 28,746 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 03:03:21

Why bash the Chinese?? at least their satellite has found has found something. Which is infinitely more than our western counterparts have been able to do.

Which proved to be false.

#1698 Arma

Arma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 04:43:40

They are saying that plane went thru very erratic changes in altitude during flight ... fight in the cockpit?

#1699 I Like Thai

I Like Thai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 05:13:05

Who are "They"

#1700 noddy77

noddy77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 2014-03-15 05:20:42

Do we know exactly what was being carried on the flight cargo wise?

Sponsored By:

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: