• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai Immigration Bureau to blacklist all overstayers of more than 90 days

532 posts in this topic

Bugger ... that's going to stuff up a lot of the plans of the overstayers.

I hope there are the usual exemptions such as 'Medical' etc.

I bet there are loads of older guys living in upcountry Nakon Nowhere on overstay. Like those guys who have no ties to their home country, probably haven't left Thailand for a decade or more. They'll at least be hoping they don't get caught now, that's if they even care at all.

Risky business staying here on overstay, lord only knows why you'd do it.

It does seem Immigration are really tightening things up. First visa runners, now people on overstay.

Will it be Ed-Visas next?

1 person likes this

ID: 8   Posted · Hidden by george, July 7, 2014 - bickering

Im not sure why someone would bother trying to overstay anyway. In ANY country in the world it's illegal and courting disaster. I actually hope that all these recent shakedowns will help rid the country of some of the scurvy bilge that is found clinging to the vestiges of their sorry lives in this beautiful land.

Judgemental much? I'm sure you've never broke even one law in this country which is why you are so high up there on your horse. Yuo've never sped, never parked illegally, never littered, never brought any alcohol between 11am to 2pm, and so on.

Well done for being so perfect.

ID: 9   Posted · Hidden by george, July 7, 2014 - No reason given

Im not sure why someone would bother trying to overstay anyway. In ANY country in the world it's illegal and courting disaster. I actually hope that all these recent shakedowns will help rid the country of some of the scurvy bilge that is found clinging to the vestiges of their sorry lives in this beautiful land.

Judgemental much? I'm sure you've never broke even one law in this country which is why you are so high up there on your horse. Yuo've never sped, never parked illegally, never littered, never brought any alcohol between 11am to 2pm, and so on.

Well done for being so perfect.

You are a <deleted>. Hahahahaa!! Your comment is so dumb I'm actually genuinely surprised you had the ability to type it!

Sorry no sympathy for any over stayers for any duration unless its for medical reasons

Even then medical reasons are not an excuse, there are provisions in the immigration law in case of medical cases

1 person likes this

Several nearby countries have visas for expats that don't require reporting like this. I think Singapore is a very long time. And the right one in Malaysia is pretty long also.

2 people like this

I hope there are the usual exemptions such as 'Medical' etc.

Sorry no sympathy for any over stayers for any duration unless its for medical reasons

No problem to get extension of stay from immigrations if unable to travel.

1 person likes this

Yet another measure to tighten up the borders and keep an eye on foreigners.

To me that would indicate a lack of imagination on your part.

1 person likes this

"Thaivisa.com would always recommend to never overstay your visa under any circumstances and always adhere to the rules and regulations when staying in Thailand as detaield by the Immigration Bureau."

That would be nice.

ID: 25   Posted · Hidden by george, July 7, 2014 - No reason given

Several nearby countries have visas for expats that don't require reporting like this. I think Singapore is a very long time. And the right one in Malaysia is pretty long also.

I put 90 day reports in my yahoo calendar for automatic reminders. For some reason, I wasn't notified on the last one. I missed by about 90 days. Just never thought about it knowing I'd get a reminder. Pretty drastic to be kicked out of the country for a year for this.

90 Days reporting is not the same as overstay 90 days after your valid visa date.